Canadian Government may prevent Internet capping

The Harper government will overturn the CRTC’s decision that effectively ends “unlimited use

The Harper government will overturn the CRTC’s decision that effectively ends “unlimited use

Oh god please jesus yes.

This would get my vote for the next hundred years. Kidding, but not really.

EDIT: Mr. von Finckenstein 
laugh.gif

Oh god please jesus yes.

This would get my vote for the next hundred years. Kidding, but not really.

EDIT: Mr. von Finckenstein 
laugh.gif

Very few Canadians on here, but I'd obviously be very happy to see this happen. I dislike Harper, but voted Conservative because it was the only real option. At least I'll be able to give a reason to people why I did now haha.

Very few Canadians on here, but I'd obviously be very happy to see this happen. I dislike Harper, but voted Conservative because it was the only real option. At least I'll be able to give a reason to people why I did now haha.

Harper is no saint, but I have been extremely surprised how fast this was shot down.
In the end, I think each carrier will most likely still cap their service, but offer branded alternatives.....

For example, Telus would offer their own version of Netflix and offer unlimited data, but still cap regular internet.

Harper is no saint, but I have been extremely surprised how fast this was shot down.
In the end, I think each carrier will most likely still cap their service, but offer branded alternatives.....

For example, Telus would offer their own version of Netflix and offer unlimited data, but still cap regular internet.

What were these corporations thinking ?
laugh.gif
Ottawa better shoot this thing down before it attempts to take flight.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Screech

laugh.gif

It's already in effect. I am under Shaw (Calgary) and my next billed (February) will be the first under the restrictions.
120GB of data for 79.99 a month, + $2 per GB over that. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Screech

laugh.gif

It's already in effect. I am under Shaw (Calgary) and my next billed (February) will be the first under the restrictions.
120GB of data for 79.99 a month, + $2 per GB over that. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

And that would be fine, I only get worried when Netflix comes into play.

And that would be fine, I only get worried when Netflix comes into play.

The thing is, Netflix Canada sucks. Badly. Its cool to have, but the 4 months I had it, they got nothing other than Mad Men and a couple decent movies.
My main downloads were TV shows (legally).

The thing is, Netflix Canada sucks. Badly. Its cool to have, but the 4 months I had it, they got nothing other than Mad Men and a couple decent movies.

I worry that internet capping is a very real possibility someday here in the states...

I worry that internet capping is a very real possibility someday here in the states...

I'm about to end the 1 month trial, and doesn't the interface change? My boy's Netflix menus look different that mine. I assumed it would also come with a bit more shows? Cause I'm almost through all that I want to watch...  Maybe one more month.

Back
Top Bottom