Can someone fill me in on why Pat Riley left the NY Knicks???

I was probably in 2nd or 3rd grade when this happened and I couldn't understand what happened.  Do Knicks fans spite Riley over doing so?  

A combination of too much pressure in NY following that '94 loss to the rockets with Miami having discussions with him while he was still under contract. Basically Miami told him that he would have more say in running the team than he would in NY. He took it, abandoned the knicks via Fax. A rivalry is born. blah, blah Lebron James...the end 
grin.gif

he wanted more power and partial ownership. Thee end. Also, Biggie's song "I got a Story to Tell" is about Pat Riley.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

he wanted more power and partial ownership. Thee end. Also, Biggie's song "I got a Story to Tell" is about Pat Riley.

Mind = Blown 
eek.gif

who was Riley's girl at the time?

Originally Posted by jthagreat

thought it was about John Starks 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

A combination of too much pressure in NY following that '94 loss to the rockets with Miami having discussions with him while he was still under contract. Basically Miami told him that he would have more say in running the team than he would in NY. He took it, abandoned the knicks via Fax. A rivalry is born. blah, blah Lebron James...the end 
grin.gif
Godfather deal
pimp.gif

I was young as hell when this happened. Prob about 8 years old. I remember the finals but not him leaving.

But damn I guess that's who lebron got his "lemme dip outta here" tactics from... A fax though?
laugh.gif

pat riley always bails when faced with adversity. first bolting the knicks. then i remember a few years ago when the heat were terrible and he was still coaching this dude was taking games off to go watch michael beasleys college games. oh yea and he pretty much stole a ring from stan van gundy, atleast he let spo have this one. no respect for that man.

If I was Riley I would of dipped too after that Rockets L and what was to be in Miami. Knicks havent sniffed anything close to a championship title since then 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by krazyblunts

Originally Posted by jthagreat

thought it was about John Starks 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom