Can God survive the next 150 years?

Yes. If anything the religion might change into something else or if anything just alot more people will be atheist

I hope the notion that God is a man in the sky dies out.

Atheism will increase because its a fad. I see an uprising of atheist groups protesting and 'preaching' the gospel of atheism too.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

that book sounds interesting, will read in the near future. i took a class on philosophy last quarter that exposed me to several theories that call for the existence of God from philosophers like Plotinus, Augustine, Anselm, Alfarabi, and Alghazali. The main idea I got though is that even though one can theoretically prove the existence of God, one does not know who this God is or its identity. All one knows is that there is a highest being. That is what should be the mainstream view. Religions try to answer an unanswerable question, thus signifying there irrationality.
QFT

Originally Posted by RavageBX

You can disprove the bible and religion but never God. You can't change what people feel in their hearts.
quoted for truth.

people have been taught that there is a god, therefore there is in there minds. Some earth-shattering !*$% would have to happen to reverse all of that

This Summer I am trying to encourage myself to read more before I start college in the fall. Can someone recommend me a book, I have not completly finished abook in about 3-4 years, so less pages the better, not looking for Dr. Seuss, but something that will keep me entertained and not make this 3-4 year streakkeep going.

Thanks

*3 above me* You mean the idea of God right? and cosign on this being one of the most interesting topics. Glad to see a changeup in this general forum in whichthe usual fastballs of "would you smash" and "_____ appreciation" littered in this forum.

Originally Posted by AppleiPhone

This Summer I am trying to encourage myself to read more before I start college in the fall. Can someone recommend me a book, I have not completly finished a book in about 3-4 years, so less pages the better, not looking for Dr. Seuss, but something that will keep me entertained and not make this 3-4 year streak keep going.

Thanks

You haven't read a book in 3-4 years!!?? Sorry but that is really sad. What topics are you interested in???

I think religion is a crutch used by the strong to control weak minded people. Not to say people like Joel, or Tim Tebow, etc are weak minded people..but thatit is the crutch used to control weak minded people. Religion sprung from a time when the world did not make sense, and as per human instinct we tried to makesense out of it. From that sprang stuff like what the Native Americans believe, etc etc. Christianity/Muslim/Hindu etc are not the truth, they simply are theones that did the most effective job of rallying effort together. For a ruler, or dictator to control a set of people it is easy to say they have a"divine" right to rule and as such people should listen. That is the core basis of religion, from the pharaohs in Egypt to the Raja's in India. Personally, I think if EVERYONE was Christian the world would be a much better place. However, I think there is no basis of fact that religion is true or thatthere is a higher power. Am I wrong, maybe, who knows. I can say with certainty though that I have an EQUAL knowledge of whether there is a God as thehighest ordained minister or priest of the land. Religion creates a feeling of safety, comfort and belonging. In this day and age we find those feelingsthrough mutual contact through other means (such as Niketalk) and as such rely less on something like religion to buffet ourselves with. Religion will not dieout anytime soon (next 150 years imo) simply because it has such a strong framework though for when people are in peril. If life is going bad...sometimes theonly way to get through things is hope. Nothing has come even close to the amount of hope, and positive thinking that are created through it.

I respect religious people simply because they live their life through positivity (individually, not as a group) and fulfilling self potential. It is theeffect of having groups of people believe something that creates danger. It is the same as liking one sports team better than an other purely because ofwhere you live. Repping your hood over anothers. Religion, in my eyes, is the highest most subtle form of a "gang" in the civilized world. Ifeveryone woke up tomorrow with no knowledge of religion, God, etc etc would someone not take the mantle and create religion in a relatively short period oftime? All you need is a solid framework of why you are right, persuasive people on your side, and a steadfast belief that what you say is undeniable truth.

27ya4o8.jpg

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

I def agree. people will start opening up their eyes to reality.

what is reality?

That religion isn't an excuse to kill/discriminate/gain money/gain power.... that it's a nice thing and all but it is holding us back from truly advancing as humans
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif
holding us back from advancing? Son there aredifferent religions out there and not all of them have killing/discriminating/etc. involved in them.

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

I think religion is a crutch used by the strong to control weak minded people. Not to say people like Joel, or Tim Tebow, etc are weak minded people..but that it is the crutch used to control weak minded people. Religion sprung from a time when the world did not make sense, and as per human instinct we tried to make sense out of it. From that sprang stuff like what the Native Americans believe, etc etc. Christianity/Muslim/Hindu etc are not the truth, they simply are the ones that did the most effective job of rallying effort together. For a ruler, or dictator to control a set of people it is easy to say they have a "divine" right to rule and as such people should listen. That is the core basis of religion, from the pharaohs in Egypt to the Raja's in India. Personally, I think if EVERYONE was Christian the world would be a much better place. However, I think there is no basis of fact that religion is true or that there is a higher power. Am I wrong, maybe, who knows. I can say with certainty though that I have an EQUAL knowledge of whether there is a God as the highest ordained minister or priest of the land. Religion creates a feeling of safety, comfort and belonging. In this day and age we find those feelings through mutual contact through other means (such as Niketalk) and as such rely less on something like religion to buffet ourselves with. Religion will not die out anytime soon (next 150 years imo) simply because it has such a strong framework though for when people are in peril. If life is going bad...sometimes the only way to get through things is hope. Nothing has come even close to the amount of hope, and positive thinking that are created through it.

I respect religious people simply because they live their life through positivity (individually, not as a group) and fulfilling self potential. It is the effect of having groups of people believe something that creates danger. It is the same as liking one sports team better than an other purely because of where you live. Repping your hood over anothers. Religion, in my eyes, is the highest most subtle form of a "gang" in the civilized world. If everyone woke up tomorrow with no knowledge of religion, God, etc etc would someone not take the mantle and create religion in a relatively short period of time? All you need is a solid framework of why you are right, persuasive people on your side, and a steadfast belief that what you say is undeniable truth.

I think you said it all with your first sentence. And since there will always be people that are "weak-minded" no matter what the intellectualstandard is, religious beliefs will always exist. It seems to me though that the "weak-minded" while still a vocal contingent, are becoming less andless while people who don't need religion to guide their lives are growing. It's as if people need religion to build character and a strong moralfiber. Does that mean we are all inherently evil if we didn't have this moral foundation of religion? I don't believe that.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

I def agree. people will start opening up their eyes to reality.

Or will "reality" start opening its eyes to the un-natural?

God is not going anywhere for if he does this is a place I def wouldnt want to be.
smh.gif

Atheism will increase because its a fad.
QFT. And I don't say this to speak bad about people who choose to live their life that way. But it's clear many people hide behind sciencewhen in reality they are just averse to religion.
Originally Posted by RavageBX

You can disprove the bible and religion but never God. You can't change what people feel in their hearts.
quoted for truth.

people have been taught that there is a god, therefore there is in there minds. Some earth-shattering !*$% would have to happen to reverse all of that

It's not just about what people are taught though. If it were there wouldn't be people who weren't religious who turn to God. Like I said before,it's more about what people feel. Some feel that science can explain all, others feel that God explains all. Even if you want to look at it from a logicalperspective, logic tells a man of science that humanity has a scientific explanation. That same human logic tells a man of God that we are not a cosmiccoincidence.

we the individuals of today won't be around in the next 150 years. So who cares? if you don't believe now, we won't be around later to find out ifwe were right or wrong,
but to answer your question yes i personally do believe that the idea of God will last for all eternity.

God will survive because as we discover more and more about the world we live in, we will realize more and more how complex it is and that God or some higherbeing had to create it all, not random chance.

I mean, it's a difference to believe in an infallible God, and what the average religious person believes God to be.

Originally Posted by dunks87

we the individuals of today won't be around in the next 150 years. So who cares? if you don't believe now, we won't be around later to find out if we were right or wrong,
but to answer your question yes i personally do believe that the idea of God will last for all eternity.
Wow. Go to bed.
smh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GTEK

Originally Posted by dunks87

we the individuals of today won't be around in the next 150 years. So who cares? if you don't believe now, we won't be around later to find out if we were right or wrong,
Wow. Go to bed.
smh.gif
sick.gif

for what? it's true.

Back
Top Bottom