Campaign against Playstation Plus paywall

@Yen

It's people like you that enabled the Dark Ages to happen. Because you believe you're incapable of changing something. 

Sony is a business. A business cannot exist with a large amount of unhappy customers. If enough of us voice our concerns, then change is inevitable. 

This happened with many multi billion companies. 

Sony itself listened to the twitter campaign regarding used games. They've proven they will listen to us. You just have to speak up
Go listen to the podcast I posted.

Maybe then you'll see why they have made a paywall.

Also, you don't have to pay for psn to access online services like netflix.

I think the same goes for mmos, but I'm not 100% sure.

They said that it's up to the publisher.

I'm already a member of Giantbomb, and I've followed every single thing about this subject. I've already listened to that podcast last night. I thought it was bull.

It was PR spiel. 

Also, multiplayer is not up to the publishers. They were talking about Free to Play games. I think you need to re-listen to the podcast you're telling me to listen to. 

I'm already a member of Giantbomb, and I've followed every single thing about this subject. I've already listened to that podcast last night. I thought it was bull.

It was PR spiel. 

Also, multiplayer is not up to the publishers. They were talking about Free to Play games. I think you need to re-listen to the podcast you're telling me to listen to. 
I said for mmos not multiplayer overall.

Sony made a paywall to improve psn.

They apologized for making you pay, if that means anything to you.

You'll be paying for psn since it seems that you're a sony fan.

Only thing I find funny is that ps3 folks were talking **** Ohhh Microsoft charges around 50-60 dollars for xbox live. And ps3 folks were always talking **** ohh that's too much and that they'll never pay something since they're getting it for free. :lol:
Now since they don't got a chance nobody complains.
Im used to paying for xbox live so paying for psn on ps4 isn't a problem.

PSN sucked and people always lagged and got disconnected so if paying $50 a year to improve on the online gaming then I have no problem with it. XBox live was the best, plain and simple and that is mainly due to the extra income they get from what they charge.

Nothing wrong with trying to change what you do not like but life is also about adapting, you can't always have what you want in life. Sony also has the right to charge if they want just like you have the right to complain and not buy their products.

PS4 is still $100 cheaper than XBone and XBone charges the same to play online. WiiU is the only one free now but even it is subpar in comparison to the free PSN on PS3 so really your option is very small.

Last edited:
PSN sucked and people always lagged and got disconnected so if paying $50 a year to improve on the online gaming then I have no problem with it.

Nothing wrong with trying to change what you do not like but life is also about adapting, you can't always have what you want in life. Sony also has the right to charge if they want just like you have the right to complain and not buy their products.

PS4 is still $100 cheaper than XBone and XBone charges the same to play online. WiiU is the only one free now but even it is subpar in comparison to the free PSN on PS3 so really your option is very small.

Well said.

If it improves my online experience, it should be welcomed.

So...

You're saying I shouldn't try to change something I don't like?

Srs question. 

Stop trying to make this out as a philosophical battle.

EVERYONE can see that you just don't want to pay up, but "I don't want to pay money for your service" doesn't sound as noble as "I'm standing up to an evil corporation".

You actually said that the revenue generated will cause PS+ to degrade. How does that make sense on any planet in any solar system?

Only thing I find funny is that ps3 folks were talking **** Ohhh Microsoft charges around 50-60 dollars for xbox live. And ps3 folks were always talking **** ohh that's too much and that they'll never pay something since they're getting it for free. :lol:
Now since they don't got a chance nobody complains.

People are not complaining because unlike Live the majority of services like Hulu,Netfilx,Youtube or Amazon prime isnt behind a paywall. Then on top of that lets put ads on the dashboard.

PSN sucked and people always lagged and got disconnected so if paying $50 a year to improve on the online gaming then I have no problem with it. XBox live was the best, plain and simple and that is mainly due to the extra income they get from what they charge.

Only it didn't.

PSN is perfectly fine, and actually has more users than XBL (although that number may be skewed a bit because of multiple accounts). PSN doesn't disconnect, nor does it lag for me. Anecdotes are not fair for this type of discussion. 

If it's so bad, then why are people like me fighting to keep it the same? You'd think 77 million people would be clamoring for improvements, and not being shocked by this news. 

Stop trying to make this out as a philosophical battle.

EVERYONE can see that you just don't want to pay up, but "I don't want to pay money for your service" doesn't sound as noble as "I'm standing up to an evil corporation".

You actually said that the revenue generated will cause PS+ to degrade. How does that make sense on any planet in any solar system?
Dude, I started out this generation as a (happy) Xbox Live gamer, for 3 years. http://www.xboxlivescore.com/profile/Th3Birdman15

It's seriously not about the money at this point. It's the principle here, I don't know how many times I can say this.

I didn't just switch to PS3-- I've always been a Sony fan. Sony had the better model, and you didn't have to pay to play. Free online is THE NORM. Paying to play is what is abnormal. 

I didn't say PS+ will degrade because of increased revenue-- stop strawmanning. I said that they effectively do not have competition anymore. They do not need to improve the service because why should they now? 

Man I just want you to answer why you are going to buy something you aren't happy with the price of.

Just a straight answer.

I didn't just switch to PS3-- I've always been a Sony fan. Sony had the better model, and you didn't have to pay to play. Free online is THE NORM. Paying to play is what is abnormal. 

Not anymore.

I didn't say PS+ will degrade because of increased revenue-- stop strawmanning. I said that they effectively do not have competition anymore. They do not need to improve the service because why should they now? 

So you're saying they shouldn't improve it because it's fine as is?

Only it didn't.

PSN is perfectly fine, and actually has more users than XBL (although that number may be skewed a bit because of multiple accounts). PSN doesn't disconnect, nor does it lag for me. Anecdotes are not fair for this type of discussion. 

If it's so bad, then why are people like me fighting to keep it the same? You'd think 77 million people would be clamoring for improvements, and not being shocked by this news. 

You are fighting because it is free and plenty of people would fight to save a few bucks. Simple as that. Ask anyone (and try not to be biased with Sony fanboys) and they'd tell you XBox live is easily the better of the two, there is no denying that. The features alone beat PSN by a landslide. PSN also got hacked and hacked bad, is it due to less funds for protection? Maybe, maybe not.

I played DC Universe Online on it and it constantly lagged and disconnected all the time to a point where it almost because unplayable and I have Fios internet. Even Netflix heavily lagged on PSN. This is first hand experience of not just myself but a plethora of friends who I played with (or tried to). We do not have the same problem with XBox Live.

I admit, I am not a big gamer and rarely play games these days (started playing DCUO on PC now) but that is my first hand experience and I have shared this with PSN community and plenty have the same complaints. If this isn't good enough evidence for you then I do not know what else to say.

And stop saying playing free online is the norm, that is last generation. XBL and PS+ have been paying options and it has been for more than half a decade. You really think in this day and age that if Microsoft didn't start it that Sony would not be charging for PSN+? And as stated before, this is the new norm, adapt and move on.

You got the right to complain but do not be mad if it falls on deaf ears. NT might not be the right outlet to let out your frustration as you can see by most replies. This isn't to bash or tell you to go away but you just got to pick your battles at the right places sometimes.

Last edited:
I actually don't think it's that bad since I've been paying for my XBL live since day one. Coming into this thread I was expecting something more crazier from Sony but I don't think most people will mind this as long as online play is smooth.

Man I just want you to answer why you are going to buy something you aren't happy with the price of.

Just a straight answer.
Have I mentioned I'm already going to buy it, yet? 
Not anymore.
So you're saying they shouldn't improve it because it's fine as is?
Not anymore? The list of gaming platforms that permit free online gaming outnumbers the list of platforms that do not. Sorry, you're wrong. 

In addition, you've missed my point entirely (are you doing that on purpose?). I am saying that those without competition plateau or degrade. Sony has no competition now. WHAT INCENTIVES DO THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO IMPROVE THE SERVICE OR EVEN GIVE OUT FREE GAMES NOW THAT THE SERVICE IS MANDATORY? 

Comprende?
You are fighting because it is free and plenty of people would fight to save a few bucks. Simple as that. Ask anyone (and try not to be biased with Sony fanboys) and they'd tell you XBox live is easily the better of the two, there is no denying that. The features alone beat PSN by a landslide. PSN also got hacked and hacked bad, is it due to less funds for protection? Maybe, maybe not.

As you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, I'm done with you.

I guess it's a wait and see approach. If PSN starts "improving" then that's cool. I only put improving in quotes because I don't play multiplayer much and never really had any issues when I did use the feature. If anything, the problem was generally on my end, although minor. If it still sucks, then well, people will be knocking at Sony's door. Either way, I don't see them going back.

I get what you're saying though OP. I don't plan on purchasing the PS4 in a while, if ever, but if I did, or even if I played multiplayer heavily, I can't lie, I'd be a little irked too.

Oh no, you are done with me!!!!

How will I sleep well tonight?!?!?!?!?!?!

:lol:

What are these free platforms that outnumber those that pay to play? There are really 3 major systems here and 2 of the 3 requires paying now.

And what incentive does Sony have? With people paying, there is more pressure for them to improve or else people will leave and move on to XBone. If Sony charges $50 a year and PSN is exactly like it is now, then no doubt people will rebel just like you are right now. That is the incentive. And didn't Sony already said they are giving one free game a month with PS+? I mean that is a promise that they can't back out of anymore or else people will be mad and drop their services. XBone & Nintendo are the competition and they aren't going away even with the extra $100 price tag on the XB1 and their insane restrictions, the only way Sony will lose competition is if Microsoft and Nintendo dies and that isn't happening.

Not anymore? The list of gaming platforms that permit free online gaming outnumbers the list of platforms that do not. Sorry, you're wrong. 

In addition, you've missed my point entirely (are you doing that on purpose?). I am saying that those without competition plateau or degrade. Sony has no competition now. WHAT INCENTIVES DO THEY HAVE TO CONTINUE TO IMPROVE THE SERVICE OR EVEN GIVE OUT FREE GAMES NOW THAT THE SERVICE IS MANDATORY? 

Comprende?

Sony and Microsoft will soon both be using this practice. They are 2/3 of the biggest names in console gaming. That would make this practice the norm in the console world. Deal with it.

Your theory that Sony will neuter the PS+ system once this goes in effect is baseless and asinine.

You're on website dedicated to a shoe company who consistently puts out a shoddy product and despite threads full of replies from people complaining about the quality of shoes, people will still go on to buy them. You're just in the wrong place and I feel your pain. PSN will soon to be charging and games continue to come out half ***** so developers can sell you the rest of the game as DLC...it sucks but sadly it seems like the goal is simply to milk people for as much as they can yet people are complaining about you trying to take a stand against part of it. :smh:

we talking about netflix lagging heavlily on ps3?

**** outta here

this sounds like a personal network problem

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom