Calvin Johnson's Megatron Inspired CJ81 Collection: Release Info

TTS I hear - Can anyone tell fom trying them on can these been used to hoop in ? the sole looks set up for asto - would they hold up traction on wood floor?

How bout weight - how light are the?

Picked them up today. They do fit pretty true to size and they're fairly light. Not sure I'd play ball in them bc I doubt the upper would hold up to the pounding. Its thin but still comfortable. Just not enough cushion/padding surrounding the upper of the foot for my liking (to play ball in). That said, love these.

6/30/13
Thank you for your order. We are currently out-of-stock, however
you should expect to receive this item within 2 weeks of the
backorder date printed below. Unfortunately, backorder dates can
change or products can be cancelled by the manufacturer. If you
have any questions, please call us at 1-800-826-2205.
Sincerely, Eastbay Customer #: xxxx Order #: xxxx

Order Number: xxxx
Order Date: 6/29/13

SHIP TO
PRODUCT NUMBER/ (SEE UNIT
DESCRIPTION BELOW) QUANTITY PRICE STATUS

03711146 13.0 1 1 119.99 BACKORDERED UNTIL 07/05/13
NIKE CJ81 TRAINER-WH/NV/RD

Merchandise Net: 119.99

Tax Amt: 0.00
Shipping Amt: 7.99

Total Amt: 127.98

Payments:
Coupon Amt: 127.98
Balance: 0.00

Picked them up today. They do fit pretty true to size and they're fairly light. Not sure I'd play ball in them bc I doubt the upper would hold up to the pounding. Its thin but still comfortable. Just not enough cushion/padding surrounding the upper of the foot for my liking (to play ball in). That said, love these.

Im actually looking for a lighter upper ankle shoe, they cant be much worse ankle support than the kobe so im thinking they what im looking for. With the new lebron going for zoom air im thinking these might be a better fit. The strap dosent look like it can give much support but it might help the lockdown fit. The only concern i have is the traction - how that traction hods up on court is the big question for me.

6/30/13
Thank you for your order. We are currently out-of-stock, however
you should expect to receive this item within 2 weeks of the
backorder date printed below. Unfortunately, backorder dates can
change or products can be cancelled by the manufacturer. If you
have any questions, please call us at 1-800-826-2205.
Sincerely, Eastbay Customer #: xxxx Order #: xxxx

Order Number: xxxx
Order Date: 6/29/13

SHIP TO
PRODUCT NUMBER/ (SEE UNIT
DESCRIPTION BELOW) QUANTITY PRICE STATUS

03711146 13.0 1 1 119.99 BACKORDERED UNTIL 07/05/13
NIKE CJ81 TRAINER-WH/NV/RD

Merchandise Net: 119.99

Tax Amt: 0.00
Shipping Amt: 7.99

Total Amt: 127.98

Payments:
Coupon Amt: 127.98
Balance: 0.00

Yeah I got the same one. :smh:

They better have my damn shoes

Saw them in store at Potomac Mills in VA. You guys can probably stock locate these if you got the SKU for those who haven't copped.

How comfy are they? It's kinda a weird design, can you compare them to something else in terms of feel?

How comfy are they? It's kinda a weird design, can you compare them to something else in terms of feel?

They're definately comfortable and light. The sole feels pretty good, even w/o the zoom air. The strap does a decent job of locking down the mid-foot. The ankle support is decent. Hard to compare them to any other shoes off the top of my head. I haven't bought a terf shoe in a while but it follows the whole trend of lighter is better while still remaining sturdy. As for the traction, It might do fine as long as its a clean wood floor. Hope that helps some.

Last edited:
I got the same email from Champs. Not happy at all so we will wait and see. I had also ordered a pair from Nike so I'm hoping those get here at the very least.

Westland Champs said no on the Volts, but that could change.  They also didn't know about the Sandy Creek trainers last week until THurs or Fri before so I'd check back

The Volt colorway is moved to 7/10 last I saw...limited...yes...sorry...just the facts.

The Lions colorway is 8/31...

JM

Back
Top Bottom