Calling all NT Alcoholics.....

Devils Spring and Orange Juice.

Thank me later.

nerd.gif

JordanFan04 wrote:
Recommend me some decent drinks/cocktails. Normally I stay with a fifth of Hennessy or Jack, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons. I'm not much of a vodka drinker either. Is Jagermeister worth giving a try? I hear a lot about it, but is it all it's cracked up to be? 

Jagger is very sugary, causes bad hangovers and is associated with college freshmen and high schoolers. Try it and see if you like but I suggest that you look into incorporating Gin into your drinks, you may hate it but you may also love it.

Try Martinis with icy cold gin, vermouth liqueur and maybe bitters with pickled olives, miniature onions or citrus peel garnish. Also try Gin and Tonics (you must use tonic water, the sugar and quinine make it different from soda water and mineral water) by serving a one to two mixture of gin to tonic water on the rocks. You can add to it by putting in fresh juice from lime or lemon and/or wedge of citrus. You can also add some color and a splash of extra flavor by putting in Pomegranate juice.

Gin is clear and good gin is clean and will, drink for drink, be less hangover inducing and easier on the stomach because it is not as sugary as whisky or Jagger or schnapps or most other liquors. Finally, while people are not supposed to care about what other people think of your choice of drink, gin is seen as the drink for those who have more mature palettes. 

Skip anything with juice. That's for the ladies. Liquor with coke and ice tea also for ladies. So, assuming you're a dude here's some stuff to try:

Hendrick's Gin:

Hendrick%27s%20bottle%20%20290107.JPG

Good with a splash of tonic or water with lime.

Drambuie_7%282%29.jpg

Change it up from VSOP to this once in a while after dinner/late night.

Dan Akroyd's Vodka is great. Smoothest Vodka I;ve had. Better than Grey Goose and Belvedere: Vodka
crystal-head-vodka.jpg

If you're trying to start drinking beer, try some different ones across the IBU scale (International Bitterness Unit). I like them all the way at the end 100+. Depending on where you're located, there's probably some pretty good local stuff. NYC = Brooklyn Brewery, Middle Ages, Blue Point. LA = Stone Brewery, Lagunitas, Green Flash, Speakeasy. Then there's a bunch in the middle. You'd be especially lucky to be in Indianapolis and snag some Three Floyds. That doesn't even make it out of Indiana, it's too good.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

JordanFan04 wrote:

Recommend me some decent drinks/cocktails. Normally I stay with a fifth of Hennessy or Jack, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons. I'm not much of a vodka drinker either. Is Jagermeister worth giving a try? I hear a lot about it, but is it all it's cracked up to be? 

Jagger is very sugary, causes bad hangovers and is associated with college freshmen and high schoolers. Try it and see if you like but I suggest that you look into incorporating Gin into your drinks, you may hate it but you may also love it.

Try Martinis with icy cold gin, vermouth liqueur and maybe bitters with pickled olives, miniature onions or citrus peel garnish. Also try Gin and Tonics (you must use tonic water, the sugar and quinine make it different from soda water and mineral water) by serving a one to two mixture of gin to tonic water on the rocks. You can add to it by putting in fresh juice from lime or lemon and/or wedge of citrus. You can also add some color and a splash of extra flavor by putting in Pomegranate juice.

Gin is clear and good gin is clean and will, drink for drink, be less hangover inducing and easier on the stomach because it is not as sugary as whisky or Jagger or schnapps or most other liquors. Finally, while people are not supposed to care about what other people think of your choice of drink, gin is seen as the drink for those who have more mature palettes. 

What this guy said x2. Plus, no drinks with juice. Martini's don't need to be out of Martini glasses.

Gin and Scotch offer the least hangovers.

Want to try some bubbles or wine? I reccomend:

SchramdbergBlancdeBlancs.jpg

Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc ($30).

Try a red Zinfandel from Sonoma/Dry Creek. It's peppery/hot.

pedroncelli_dry_creek_valley_mother_clone_zinfandel_2002.jpg

Originally Posted by AJChick23

effing Jagerbombs...JAGERBOMBS.

I had one last night..always a good time with them because half the fun is dropping them in.

Also..a nice cheaper alternative to Jager is Captain Morgan Tattoo.

Trust me,

Secretary of #teamdrunk
2qs2q2u.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by WalkingOnAir707

Don't like vodka huh? Try Belvedere/Grey Goose first and then decide if u don't like vodka. Besides that, have u tried any tequila? Patron silver phuuuucks me up(but not like Bacardi 151, ugh) and Patron cafe is actually really good and smooth. Also 1800 Tequila, it always gets me there. Henn and Jack are really good choices to stick with though, Henn was my first drink and the drink I stuck with the longest while Jack I had some great times with, I get to wasted with it though. I feel like I'm forgetting some...

I started on Grey Goose. I just hate the taste and smell. I heard Ciroc was pretty good. I might give that a shot in the future. Only Tequila I've had is Jose Cuervo, and it was decent. I plan on trying Patron in the future.

Patron silver is
pimp.gif
Def worth the try.  I can't stand Jose at all, the guys ordered shots of it for my bday last year at dinner, and it just doesn't compare to me.

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Anybody trying Nuvo thinking about buying a bottle tonight 

nerd.gif

nuvo is an expensive drink that doesnt do much (21 for smaller bottle 30 for larger) 
bout it 3 times killed the entire 21$ bottle w/o feeling a thing and im not much of a drinker like that....

depends what ur wanting...

its ok mainly for girls ..but ask me if i give a .......

Originally Posted by kickz4show

Johnnie Walker Blue Label
pimp.gif
Not worth the money.

Get yourself two bottles of Green and a bottle of Black for that price.

Try making a Moscow Mule:
- vodka
- ginger beer (basically ginger ale)
- lime juice

@#%@ is smooth as all get up.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

damn I guess my palette isnt mature at all cause I can't stand gin.  The only gin that is bearable (actually quite good... thanks to Club and the rest of the NTers that turned me onto it) is Hendricks.  Cant really mess with that other stuff that has that medicine taste.

personally I am pretty set in my ways in terms of alcohol.  call it old age or call it being a boring person but I drink the same stuff all the time now.

Jack Daniels
Grey Goose
Chivas
JW Black.  Ill drink the Blue if I'm hanging out at my parents house with pops since he's got a stash of 10 bottles or so and he always re-ups via duty free shops when he travels to Asia for work.
Makers Mark if I wanna switch it up

Basil Hayden in a chilled glass with ice
Sailor Jerry and Coke
Cazadores Anejo with lime juice

Caribou Lou is the best party drink hands down. 1 part 151, 1 part Malibu, and large can of pineapple juice and every single person in the room will be gone within an hour and half tops no lies

Originally Posted by eight2one

Burnett's Vodka
pimp.gif

just as good as ciroc/goose
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[color= rgb(153, 204, 204)]If Im going to drink "cheap" vodka I'll drink Fris but most of the time I'll go with Stoli or Ketel One they never give me hangovers.  Some of my friends prefer Ciroc ... I can deal with that too.  Every now and then I'll get Van Gogh.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 204)]Jameson is the whisky of choice.[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 204)]When I'm out mostly 7 and 7 or Jim Bean & Ginger Ale[/color]

Originally Posted by eight2one

Burnett's Vodka
pimp.gif

just as good as ciroc/goose
pimp.gif

Honestly though, if you're gonna mix...flavored Burnetts is the way to go.

And how do I go about getting drafted by #teamdrunk
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom