Call of Duty: MW3 -Official Xbox360 Thread-Out Now!- Got 99 Problems but Sales Ain't One..

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Picked up the game today, haven't played it though since I got Skyrim plus no xbox live at the moment. Was hoping it would come with a 48 hr pass. Will re-up on live though Sunday and it will be on then
pimp.gif

yours didnt come with a 48 hour pass?
no
frown.gif
  Was hoping to get it so I could play but oh well.  Have $50 in gift coupons for k-mart so will use that to buy a live subscription on sunday or monday.  If anyone though has a 48hr pass code that they aren't going to be using feel free to hit me up
happy.gif
check your pm

Never noticed the connection bars, I'm always at 3.

Shotty and extreme conditioning made this game enjoyable last night, cause the matches were putting me to sleep from boredom.

Just read that extreme conditioning pro is not like marathon pro, you only climb faster? That's pretty lame.
I don't think there is one particular GREAT map, too many buildings and random windows to shoot from, makes me miss the MW1 maps hey were so balanced.

The m4a1 has been my go to gun so far, in close to med range its a beast

Ground war kill confirmed is fun as hell

So i turned off Theater Mode. Hearing that it reduces lag & latency. Which is ghey that you have to turn off one of the game's features to be get a decent MP experience.
30t6p3b.gif

And Downloaded the patch...

MUCH better. From the 3 games i played. Got 4bars. No cheated deaths. We'll see how it holds up throughout the day, though.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sells 6.5 Million Copies In 24 Hours In NA/UK Alone

Call of Duty(R): Modern Warfare(R) 3 Sets All-Time Record for the Biggest Entertainment Launch with More than $400 Million in North America and United Kingdom Sales Alone

More Than 6.5 Million Units Sold in U.S. and U.K. in 24 Hours

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Shattering its own day-one sales records, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced that its highly-anticipated Call of Duty[emoji]174[/emoji]: Modern Warfare[emoji]174[/emoji] 3 has become the biggest entertainment launch ever with an estimated sell-through of more than $400 million and more than 6.5 million units in North America and the United Kingdom alone in the first 24 hours of its release, according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information.

This marks the third consecutive year that the Call of Duty franchise has set day one launch records across all forms of entertainment, something no other entertainment franchise in any medium has ever accomplished. Last year, in North America and the United Kingdom, Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops[emoji]8482[/emoji] had estimated day-one sell-through of $360 million and in 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, set day-one records with estimated sell through of $310 million, according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information.

On November 8, 2011, millions of fans attended more than 13,000 midnight openings at retail stores around worldwide. According to Microsoft, after just two days, the number of gamers playing simultaneously on Xbox[emoji]174[/emoji] Live[emoji]174[/emoji] set a new peak concurrency record.

“We believe the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the biggest entertainment launch of all time in any medium, and we achieved this record with sales from only two territories,

Cliff Notes:

Getting the game for free, but might be some problems...read on!

Damn I lucked out...

I ordered the Hardened Edition to MW3 from Gamespot, but they canceled my order, but sent me a code for $20 off code if I purchase the game and 1 year Elite membership.

I was about to do it then I said let me wait until I finish working on my car because I'm not going to work on it if I have the game.

I tried the code on just the game alone... then on the 1 year Elite membership alone... it worked for both of them individually so I was going to get Elite membership for $30 and buy the game instore to save on shipping since the Elite is download.

My boy from Cali who does this scheme with workers from different department stores told me if I wanted Battlefield 3... I said not really, but I'll take it... and then I asked about MW3 and he said he'll see what he can do... he came through and has a couple copies of Battlefield 3, 1 MW3 (opened though), and Gears 3... also has Kinect and like 3 controllers and other stuff too.

So he usually returns most of the stuff to Best Buy and they rape him with like $20 gift cards for $100 items and I told him about Walmart and how he'll get back full price... he did it (this was weeks ago though) but told me they only allow like 2 returns or something and that's it whether opened or unopened. He's going to check with other stores like Target and what not.

Now he was going to give me everything and keep the 2 copies of Battlefield and give me one, but I told him nah because I really don't play like that that often so go get money I just really want MW3... he doesn't want money though and I hate taking sh.. for free, but he refuses to take money, but when he sends the stuff I'll get his return address and send some cash his way or next time I fly out there I'll hit him off.

Now my question is to you guys... is getting the regular version opened going to be a problem... I'm guessing whatever codes I will need would already be used so will this affect me if I get the game... I know it's free, but I seen some of you guys posting codes or whatever...

My plan is to just get the Elite for the $30 and that's all that I would have to pay, but I don't want to get the game and then I find out the codes I would need are used up already since the box was opened.

Any help would be appreciated!

Any yall been getting the xp codes off the back of the doritos bags at the gas stations? Just went up there and snapped some pics off the back of the bags. 2 hours of free xp!!!

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

So i turned off Theater Mode. Hearing that it reduces lag & latency. Which is ghey that you have to turn off one of the game's features to be get a decent MP experience.
30t6p3b.gif

yea i heard the same to. i tried it on the ps3 but it made it worse than before

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Cliff Notes:

Damn I lucked out...

I ordered the Hardened Edition to MW3 from Gamespot, but they canceled my order, but sent me a code for $20 off code if I purchase the game and 1 year Elite membership.

I was about to do it then I said let me wait until I finish working on my car because I'm not going to work on it if I have the game.

I tried the code on just the game alone... then on the 1 year Elite membership alone... it worked for both of them individually so I was going to get Elite membership for $30 and buy the game instore to save on shipping since the Elite is download.

My boy from Cali who does this scheme with workers from different department stores told me if I wanted Battlefield 3... I said not really, but I'll take it... and then I asked about MW3 and he said he'll see what he can do... he came through and has a couple copies of Battlefield 3, 1 MW3 (opened though), and Gears 3... also has Kinect and like 3 controllers and other stuff too.

So he usually returns most of the stuff to Best Buy and they rape him with like $20 gift cards for $100 items and I told him about Walmart and how he'll get back full price... he did it (this was weeks ago though) but told me they only allow like 2 returns or something and that's it whether opened or unopened. He's going to check with other stores like Target and what not.

Now he was going to give me everything and keep the 2 copies of Battlefield and give me one, but I told him nah because I really don't play like that that often so go get money I just really want MW3... he doesn't want money though and I hate taking sh.. for free, but he refuses to take money, but when he sends the stuff I'll get his return address and send some cash his way or next time I fly out there I'll hit him off.

Now my question is to you guys... is getting the regular version opened going to be a problem... I'm guessing whatever codes I will need would already be used so will this affect me if I get the game... I know it's free, but I seen some of you guys posting codes or whatever...

My plan is to just get the Elite for the $30 and that's all that I would have to pay, but I don't want to get the game and then I find out the codes I would need are used up already since the box was opened.

you should be good man.  in the regular game there aren't any codes to enter online.  the hardened edition is the game that comes with the codes because you have to activate your elite membership and special ops avatar.  
Airblaster or anyone. I got an extra 48 hour pass if anyone needs it. PM me and I will give it to you.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I don't think there is one particular GREAT map, too many buildings and random windows to shoot from, makes me miss the MW1 maps hey were so balanced.
I agree, none of the maps suck but they're all just decent. I'm sure they're saving all the real good maps for DLC to get more money out of us
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cycoviZion

I agree, none of the maps suck but they're all just decent. I'm sure they're saving all the real good maps for DLC to get more money out of us
grin.gif
fallen sucks...and the ny one...imo

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Cliff Notes:

Damn I lucked out...

you gonna be fine, the reg version of the game is free/code free

anybody else having problems joining partys on this game?

i cant join my friends for nothing..

the first 2 days were fine i played with a few nt'ers...

now ita impossible join anything except random games..
nerd.gif

?

the maps aren't bad, but i think the designs were stronger in 2 (hell the map im thinking of in 2 was really an update from 1). before, you were generally on one end of the map and the other team on the other end...also the maps were well suited for sniping. in 3 the maps' designs are hard to gauge. people are everywhere and i've only found one map where sniping works (the black hawk down one in africa). i hope they come out with better map packs. i have rarely used my sniper rifle.

and they'd better be free or at least dumb cheap. most people don't wanna drop mad $ on maps, so whoever buys em will hardly ever play them since there isn't enough people to get a game for em
30t6p3b.gif

...also quick scoping is that #!!!@!@!
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by cycoviZion

grin.gif
fallen sucks...and the ny one...imo
I still don't know the names of the maps, but I will laugh if I see a map pack with MW2 maps.....I'd just play MW2 if that's the case rather than spend any more $$$

Originally Posted by sreggie101

the maps aren't bad, but i think the designs were stronger in 2 (hell the map im thinking of in 2 was really an update from 1). before, you were generally on one end of the map and the other team on the other end...also the maps were well suited for sniping. in 3 the maps' designs are hard to gauge. people are everywhere and i've only found one map where sniping works (the black hawk down one in africa). i hope they come out with better map packs. i have rarely used my sniper rifle.

and they'd better be free or at least dumb cheap. most people don't wanna drop mad $ on maps, so whoever buys em will hardly ever play them since there isn't enough people to get a game for em
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
,son that's just wishful thinking, COD is a gold mine.

Ive played both games and i gotta say:

BF3 > mw3

these maps are horrible...small cluster $+%!% all around.

weapons are probably a little cooler than bf3...graphics wise BF3 is much cleaner and maps are way more aesthetic..

presentation and campaign goes to MW3 by far...

much more teamwork in bf3 which is why i like it better.

Back
Top Bottom