Bye Bye Brett!!!!!

eyes.gif
We don't believe you, you need more people...

Have people not realized Favre is a attention %!#$@, all this dude wants is Childress, ESPN, and the vikes to slurp him a little harder to feed his ego.  I can already see it, there will be a 3 hour ESPN special the Saturday before the Vikes first game that's titled "the Douche" where Brett announces he'll take his talents back to minnesota.  Give me a break

eyes.gif
We don't believe you, you need more people...

Have people not realized Favre is a attention %!#$@, all this dude wants is Childress, ESPN, and the vikes to slurp him a little harder to feed his ego.  I can already see it, there will be a 3 hour ESPN special the Saturday before the Vikes first game that's titled "the Douche" where Brett announces he'll take his talents back to minnesota.  Give me a break

Favre has the Vikings by the balls. They don't really have any options if he does retire, and all the qb's that were worth signing are already off the market. T-Jax isn't going to be able to fill his shoes. If I was a Vikings fan I would be pretty pissed off about the situation, there should have been a timeline set once the season ended, now he has hung the team out to dry. Whatever though, as a Detroit fan this is good news. Hopefully he stays retired this time though, him coming back again will further damage the way he is remembered by alot of football fans, personally I don't have much respect for him after he retired then decided to play again for the Jets.

Favre has the Vikings by the balls. They don't really have any options if he does retire, and all the qb's that were worth signing are already off the market. T-Jax isn't going to be able to fill his shoes. If I was a Vikings fan I would be pretty pissed off about the situation, there should have been a timeline set once the season ended, now he has hung the team out to dry. Whatever though, as a Detroit fan this is good news. Hopefully he stays retired this time though, him coming back again will further damage the way he is remembered by alot of football fans, personally I don't have much respect for him after he retired then decided to play again for the Jets.

ehh i think its for reels this time, ive been a long time favre fan and packers fan, and it has never been about an injury as he's claiming now, he always said if he cant perform at his highest level then he would hang it up, i think he's forcing himself to retire b/c of a bum ankle

Well....
The decision is in: Brett Favre will remain retired.

After three months of serious consideration, surgery and rehabilitation, Favre will remain retired after all, forgoing a return for a 19th season in the NFL to play for his former rival, Minnesota.

Favre notified Vikings coach Brad Childress of his long-awaited decision, and Childress told the Minneapolis Star Tribune on Tuesday afternoon.

Favre later told ESPN that it was the hardest decision he had ever made.

"I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable," Favre told the network. "I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings - but, most importantly, the fans."

ESPN also reported that Favre experienced soreness in both ankles and his left knee during his private workouts in Mississippi. The pain worsened, leading to doubts that Favre would hold up for an entire season.

This news release? From July 28 of last year
laugh.gif

ehh i think its for reels this time, ive been a long time favre fan and packers fan, and it has never been about an injury as he's claiming now, he always said if he cant perform at his highest level then he would hang it up, i think he's forcing himself to retire b/c of a bum ankle

Well....

After three months of serious consideration, surgery and rehabilitation, Favre will remain retired after all, forgoing a return for a 19th season in the NFL to play for his former rival, Minnesota.

Favre notified Vikings coach Brad Childress of his long-awaited decision, and Childress told the Minneapolis Star Tribune on Tuesday afternoon.

"I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable," Favre told the network. "I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings - but, most importantly, the fans."

ESPN also reported that Favre experienced soreness in both ankles and his left knee during his private workouts in Mississippi. The pain worsened, leading to doubts that Favre would hold up for an entire season.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Well....

laugh.gif

God, I hate him. Why couldn't he have just quit after 2007? IS THIS ALL WORTH IT, BRETT??? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Well....

laugh.gif

God, I hate him. Why couldn't he have just quit after 2007? IS THIS ALL WORTH IT, BRETT??? 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Ugh.

This is really getting old.

Favre has the Vikings by the balls.
smh.gif

Ugh.

This is really getting old.

Favre has the Vikings by the balls.
smh.gif

I was honestly looking forward to him giving it a shot for one more year.

Anyone think he'll make an MJ-esque comeback midway through the season?

Back
Top Bottom