Buying a Used "Luxury" Car that has close to or over 100k miles on it, yay or nay?

What about like a 2005 Acura TL with 80k miles on it? I've always heard they're pretty reliable.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Dont know a whole heck of a lot about cars but from what i've read, Audi reliability is piss poor. Jaguar is the worst.  BMW's are fairly decent (not the 7-series tho) and Benzes have a lot of electrical problems.  
As far as american luxury brands, Cadillac sucks, Lincoln's are fairly good (except for the LS).  

Your best bet really is Lexus or a Infiniti. Even though they are based off Toyota and Nissan they are still pretty damn good cars and you still get the luxury ride & features.

Hope that helped
laugh.gif

im glad u voided your opinion before you uttered anything.

I was just trying to provide some advice.  

I dont see you posting anything that's even somewhat helpful. Probably one of them N_'s that got a all-day subway pass, living at ya mama's crib, talkin bout how you bag all the dirty #!@ NYC biddies on your nexus one. F outta here slim.
#$%^ 
grin.gif

boy, stay the hell out of this thread..  you just said: Cadillac sucks, Lincoln's are fairly good
you have no right in here either. 

older V8 Lexus's are pretty much bulletproof from what i've heard
if you can get one for cheap in good condition than why not
also i dont see why so much hate on used luxury cars on NT. not everyone wants a luxury car just to show off that he has an expansive car. some people just want to go from point a to point b comfortably. For me personally its all about the interior. i dont care if the car looks like crap as long as the interior is nice and comfy

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Maybe its me but it just seems stupid to buy a new Luxury car, when one year later it will be 20k+ depreciated in price.

Which is why a lot of them are leased.

Originally Posted by Cekpethobce

older V8 Lexus's are pretty much bulletproof from what i've heard
if you can get one for cheap in good condition than why not
also i dont see why so much hate on used luxury cars on NT. not everyone wants a luxury car just to show off that he has an expansive car. some people just want to go from point a to point b comfortably. For me personally its all about the interior. i dont care if the car looks like crap as long as the interior is nice and comfy
Yea , I want an Adult looking car, most non luxury cars just simply look ugly to me, I mean a car is an investment, so I`d at least want something I like the look off too, and rides smooth and has nice guts.

Dont know a whole heck of a lot about cars but from what i've read, Audi reliability is piss poor. Jaguar is the worst.  BMW's are fairly decent (not the 7-series tho) and Benzes have a lot of electrical problems.  
As far as american luxury brands, Cadillac sucks, Lincoln's are fairly good (except for the LS).  

Your best bet really is Lexus or a Infiniti. Even though they are based off Toyota and Nissan they are still pretty damn good cars and you still get the luxury ride & features.

Hope that helped
laugh.gif

I was just trying to provide some advice.  

I dont see you posting anything that's even somewhat helpful. Probably one of them N_'s that got a all-day subway pass, living at ya mama's crib, talkin bout how you bag all the dirty +*$ NYC biddies on your nexus one. F outta here slim.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Do it Warren Buffett style, if your not gonna keep it at least 10? years don't buy it

Basically don't buy the damn luxury with 75k+ miles

Buy the 1995-2005 Nissan/Honda/Toyota

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Maybe its me but it just seems stupid to buy a new Luxury car, when one year later it will be 20k+ depreciated in price.

Which is why a lot of them are leased.

This. Returned from lease vehicles are the way to go if you want to purchase a luxury car.  A good example is a Benz, BMW and Audi. 

New 2010 S5 would probably be about $80k out the door fully loaded after tax+license+dealer mark up
Used 2008 S5 with < 20K miles, fully loaded $55k-60k out the door. 

that's about $15-20K in 2 years.

Buying new luxury
eyes.gif

Hope that helped
laugh.gif

Oh god, what a "grown man car" some nters don't have their priorities straight. Luxury cars are more complicated there is more that can go wrong and maintanencd is more expensive

Yea , I want an Adult looking car, most non luxury cars just simply look ugly to me, I mean a car is an investment, so I`d at least want something I like the look off too, and rides smooth and has nice guts.

First and foremost, vehicles are not investments.Anything that loses value after you buy it is not an investment. Be pragmatic here and  look into a CPO Nissan Altima or Acura Tsx. Though they may not be the vehicle of choice for "overt luxury", you won't have to worry about costly maintenance that comes with  high mileage luxury vehicles out of warranty. Good luck in your findings.

Im actually bout to swap my 02 rsx-s for either a g35 from 04-05 or a tsx from those same years...how reliable are infinitis? especially with 70000+ ?

Originally Posted by justbleezy

First and foremost, vehicles are not investments.Anything that loses value after you buy it is not an investment. Be pragmatic here and  look into a CPO Nissan Altima or Acura Tsx. Though they may not be the vehicle of choice for "overt luxury", you won't have to worry about costly maintenance that comes with  high mileage luxury vehicles out of warranty. Good luck in your findings.
So Altimas are good cars? I figured everyone had em because they are in expensive 

We all kno Luky just want somethin suitable for when
he steps out in his puppy dog RL socks and bow ties.

Just cop a Buick fam. Skylark on them $%@%.

stop trying to ball and be smart. if your looking to spend 10-15k like you said, you need to get out of the luxury car mind state and get something that will get you good gas mileage and be low-maintenance- that way you wont be sinking more and more money into it and youll be able to get that luxury car you want later in life.

Man I swear the whole hood got Altimas, lol

Affordable is good, but damn if I`m dropping money I`m tryna look good too

If you're really gonna do it, get an Acura (Acuras = Luxury Hondas).
We all kno Luky just want somethin suitable for when
he steps out in his puppy dog RL socks and bow ties.

Just cop a Buick fam. Skylark on them $%@%.
roll.gif

I feel you Lucky
laugh.gif

I'm tryna get something reliable but I don't want a bucket.

Seems like you can't have both nowadays
laugh.gif

While I'm here, how's the S series Volvo's from the early 00s?

The 2000-2003 S80s are
smokin.gif

When it comes to luxury cars with high mileage, Lexus is a pretty reliable brand to go for.
I have seen several Lexus' with 100k+ miles that are still running well.

I still want a Lexus SC (300 or 400) to play with. Some can be had for around $5k.

Originally Posted by RFX45

When it comes to luxury cars with high mileage, Lexus is a pretty reliable brand to go for.
I have seen several Lexus' with 100k+ miles that are still running well.

I still want a Lexus SC (300 or 400) to play with. Some can be had for around $5k.

Nice, I saw this old couple in a nice Jag today, and Jags are cheeeeeeap, but I they DEFINE lemon.  

Being that Lexus = Toyota, the cost of maintence is still that of being high like all other Luxury cars? 

I could never really get into Acuras, the Acura Legends back in the day were nice though

Back
Top Bottom