Buying a Car on eBay?

Has anyone done this? How was your experience? I plan on buying a car within my area so I can inspect it prior to purchasing. Are theeBay paid history reports accurate enough to not warrant a third party intervention?

Thanks NT

eBay motors has turned into a dealership website so for most of the listings I ya they are true. I don't think a dealership would want to sully there namejust to make an eBay sale.

Yea I have been browsing around there as of late. It seems pretty legit but I just wanted to see if anyone has had anydealings personally.

only issue i've seen with people buying cars off of eBay is car without a reserve... sometimes dealers will try to add some fees just to make up for notspending on a reserve if the price ends up lower than what they were expecting...

a friend from highschool bought his car off of ebay, no problems at all...... if that helps at all

buying anything on eBay is a risk. now imagine a car that costs in the thousands?

i wouldnt, unless its like a dealership like Chevy

I bought a truck on ebay. Payed for it before I saw it in person and it was as described. I will buy on ebay again, if I find what i'm looking for.

I had a classmate this semester whose career is buying/selling cars on eBay, and only on eBay--no store front. Most of the used cars I see on there, though,are from large dealers (many of which are local) that use eBay to reach more potential buyers.

I upload/write about cars on ebay and submit them for a dealership..
most of the ebay cars are from large dealers though

get a carfax report if it is too far away for you to go look at.
that will give you some proof if they try to roll back the miles or something

Beware. My cousin got played like the sucker he is and was out 3k, mostly because of his stupidity and trusting people over the internet. Still hasn't seenthat money till this day. Worst part about it he didn't even try to do anything about it.

I did... Had no problems at all. Shipped out 2 cashiers checks and the car was delivered to my house 4 days later

Back
Top Bottom