Business Majors, What's Good With Microeconomics?

I have this next semester. I haven't even taken economics (not required). Am I setting myself up?

i took macro this semester, it wasnt really hard at all, if i would have studied and actually tired i would have easily got an A...........i take micro nextsemester as well

You should be good assuming you do the standard things like read the book regularly.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

You should be good assuming you do the standard things like read the book regularly.
laugh.gif
nah playa

is it a intro class? intro would be straight forward as long as you keep up/understand the material and read. an upper division class would probably includesome calculus and be a little more difficult

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by xblaze23

laugh.gif
nah playa
take it from me, i dont study, like at all, as long as you do your homework you'll pass

ya, as long as you keep up with the material, you should be good. its nothing too difficult.

I took that class during one of my major slacking off periods
smh.gif
didnt go so well, but woulda been pretty easy had i been more responsible

need a 100 level course to take a 300 level course. many people find it hard. i got a B in 102 and 302. I'm an econ major

its easy just keep up. i didnt even buy the book. I just read over the powerpoint slides before test and quizzes

Originally Posted by krazyddp23

is it a intro class? intro would be straight forward as long as you keep up/understand the material and read. an upper division class would probably include some calculus and be a little more difficult

Say what?

Micro is a lot harder than Macro.

Depending on your teacher, it can be really difficult.

Micro was the second hardest class I had in my economics major besides Econometrics.

well im an econ major and just finished my first upper division econ course this quarter and it was microecon and had calculus involved throughout the course.it all depends on if its an intro course or not cause the intro course should not use calculus

i took ap micro and macro in hs so my experiences may be different

but i thought micro was a ton easier than macro

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Micro was the second hardest class I had in my economics major besides Econometrics.
damn right..with macro you can seriously get by with common sense. micro is a whole another ball game

Macro was easier for me. Everyone is different I guess. But I think that's the general consensus at my school.

Damn. I have to take micro 1 & 2. I'm hoping the first one is the intro one you guys are talking about.

BgL2687 wrote:

damn right..with macro you can seriously get by with common sense. micro is a whole another ball game

Bayashi?

BgL2687 wrote:

Bayashi?

ehh?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

BgL2687 wrote:

Bayashi?
ehh?

The kanji in your avy, means "Bayashi." Like, the last name Bayashi. It also means "hayashi", like a wood or a forest
laugh.gif
. Just tryin' to figure you out fam
laugh.gif

Im taking Micro in spring and plan on cheating my life away in it. I took macro online this past summer and got a C. The professor I have for Micro in springis suppose to be one that looks out for his students though

microecon is about firms and households and how they make decisions, basically think supply and demand ect. the calculus comes into play when your trying tofigure these things out, for example you would need calculus to figure how much of a good someone demanded

but dont think to much into it, as long as you have taken calculus and know the basic concepts you should be fine

Originally Posted by needsomejays

i took macro this semester, it wasnt really hard at all, if i would have studied and actually tired i would have easily got an A...........i take micro next semester as well
I took micro this quarter and I thought it was one of my easiest classes out of 4. My friends who've taken both micro and macro say macro is abit more difficult. Makes sense because in macro you incorporate a lot more factors into your inputs than micro econ. I think you'll do fine.

Back
Top Bottom