Bulls offseason Thread

^^
Doesn't necessarily mean he's not coming over sooner, Bulls just gotta buy out his contact......(knowing Reinsdorf it wont happen) but it could happen.

Another close game tonight against the Nets.

Teague getting some burn tonight.

Last edited:
An ugly but exciting game. Great win. Marco...and...Teague?!

I was at the game and the funniest part of the night is when Bogans missed a wide open three and dude behind us yells "Just like when you were here!!!"

That means he isn't coming
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Good to see Teague get some good experience an play well.
.They just got to get to the point where the buyout is reasonable enough where the max 500k they can contribute makes a difference.

I think LA eventually tries to trade for Love, but they really dont have the assets. If the Bulls could do it w/o trading Joakim I would be down, but Taj and Deng plus picks aint getting it done.

I don't think I've been in here all season. Haven't been able to catch many games because of classes and work.
heading to Atlanta next weekend to catch them play the Hawks though :pimp:. Went last year and they took a huge L, hopefully they'll be better results this time around

you do everything in your power to get love with out giving up noah, but if they demand noah for love you do that ******g trade. love is 20 and 10 guy every and can pass as well as noah. do we lose something on defense? hell yeah we do but love is a legit star in the leauge and would prefect with rose off the pick and role

gibson is playing like trash right now, other parts of the bench are doing well tho.

Nikola Mirotic wont come over till 2016? sorry we dont have that long to wait on him, use his *** as trade bait

‘Mistreated’ C.J. Watson fails to clarify Derrick Rose comment
BY NEIL HAYES [email protected] December 15, 2012 11:14PM

Former Bulls guard C.J. Watson said he wasn’t treated fairly after the team’s Game 6 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round of the playoffs last season. | Gregory Shamus~Getty Images

Former Bulls guard C.J. Watson returned to the United Center on Saturday night and tried to clarify a comment he made during the offseason about how Nets teammate Deron Williams is a better point guard than ex-teammate Derrick Rose.

Or did he?

“Actually, I didn’t say that,” Watson said. “I said, ‘To me, he was the best point guard.’ The guy asked me who was better. He said compare the two, and I said you can’t compare the two.”

Watson went on to say he never considered re-signing with the Bulls after last season and that he wasn’t treated fairly in the wake of the Bulls’ Game 6 loss to the 76ers in the first round of the playoffs.

Watson, who was an 81 percent free-throw shooter, passed to Omer Asik, a 45 percent free-throw shooter, with seven seconds left. Asik was fouled and missed both free throws, and the Bulls were eliminated 79-78.

“The season ended how it ended,” he said. “I wasn’t sorry about that. I knew I could do better. It was a critical mistake maybe at the time, but I didn’t think it was. I just thought I got mistreated.”

Watson was averaging 18.7 minutes, 7.1 points and two assists going into the game against the Bulls.

“As a coaching staff, we had to figure out exactly how we wanted to use him,” Nets coach Avery Johnson said. “He’s back to playing C.J. Watson defense; he’s shooting the ball better. We know some of his favorite spots now where he likes to operate. He and Joe Johnson play real well together. He’s starting to get into somewhat of a good rhythm.”

Watson said he keeps in touch with former ‘‘Bench Mob’’ members Kurt Thomas, Ronnie Brewer and John Lucas III.

“It was fun because we all knew our roles and knew what to do and knew who was going to get the ball and score and who was going to play defense,” Watson said. “Everybody just played their role to the best of their ability.”

Watson might not have shed much light on his offseason comment about Rose, but he left no doubt when asked if he missed Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau’s practices.

“No,” he said, “not at all. I like these 30-, 45-minute practices.”

‘Mistreated’ C.J. Watson fails to clarify Derrick Rose comment
BY NEIL HAYES [email protected] December 15, 2012 11:14PM

Former Bulls guard C.J. Watson said he wasn’t treated fairly after the team’s Game 6 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round of the playoffs last season. | Gregory Shamus~Getty Images

Former Bulls guard C.J. Watson returned to the United Center on Saturday night and tried to clarify a comment he made during the offseason about how Nets teammate Deron Williams is a better point guard than ex-teammate Derrick Rose.

Or did he?

“Actually, I didn’t say that,” Watson said. “I said, ‘To me, he was the best point guard.’ The guy asked me who was better. He said compare the two, and I said you can’t compare the two.”

Watson went on to say he never considered re-signing with the Bulls after last season and that he wasn’t treated fairly in the wake of the Bulls’ Game 6 loss to the 76ers in the first round of the playoffs.

Watson, who was an 81 percent free-throw shooter, passed to Omer Asik, a 45 percent free-throw shooter, with seven seconds left. Asik was fouled and missed both free throws, and the Bulls were eliminated 79-78.

“The season ended how it ended,” he said. “I wasn’t sorry about that. I knew I could do better. It was a critical mistake maybe at the time, but I didn’t think it was. I just thought I got mistreated.”

Watson was averaging 18.7 minutes, 7.1 points and two assists going into the game against the Bulls.

“As a coaching staff, we had to figure out exactly how we wanted to use him,” Nets coach Avery Johnson said. “He’s back to playing C.J. Watson defense; he’s shooting the ball better. We know some of his favorite spots now where he likes to operate. He and Joe Johnson play real well together. He’s starting to get into somewhat of a good rhythm.”

Watson said he keeps in touch with former ‘‘Bench Mob’’ members Kurt Thomas, Ronnie Brewer and John Lucas III.

“It was fun because we all knew our roles and knew what to do and knew who was going to get the ball and score and who was going to play defense,” Watson said. “Everybody just played their role to the best of their ability.”

Watson might not have shed much light on his offseason comment about Rose, but he left no doubt when asked if he missed Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau’s practices.

“No,” he said, “not at all. I like these 30-, 45-minute practices.

In other words I like to do enough just to get by.

^

Or Thibbs like running his players into the ground.

I wonder if Thibbs reputation has any effect on stars wanting to come here. Maybe bench people like the idea that they can practice hard and maybe get burn, but I'm sure superstars are not interested.

^

I wonder if Thibbs reputation has any effect on stars wanting to come here. Maybe bench people like the idea that they can practice hard and maybe get burn, but I'm sure superstars are not interested.

ive never heard derrick,jo or deng complain about long practices

From what I've read Pat Riley's practices were notoriously grueling and probably worse than Thibs'. If anyone can remember before the 89 finals against Detroit the Lakers lost Byron Scott due to a practice injury and then Magic early in game 2. Riles and his practice methods took a lot of heat because of this.

Winning can make things tolerable, but probably to a point. Practice is one thing but Thibs does need to be more mindful of running Jo and Deng into the ground so early in the season.

^
I doubt it, stars usually practice a lot anyways even if it's on their own.

They mostly work on defense in practice, and it's not like it's not paying off. They're able to compete with stacked teams pretty good. 

Why did Thibs leave Kirk in? Just give dude 3 weeks off. Hes not going to be healthy until he gets some good time off and he has zero confidence in his shot

Hopefully we play better tomorrow night

Why did Thibs leave Kirk in? Just give dude 3 weeks off. Hes not going to be healthy until he gets some good time off and he has zero confidence in his shot

Hopefully we play better tomorrow night

Call me a pesimest but I don't foresee him being healthy any time soon :smh:

Jo with the triple double :pimp:

I really wanted Nate to dunk that, but he took off a half step too far.

Back
Top Bottom