Bulls offseason Thread

People look silly, calling Rose mentally soft and then comparing him to the most mentally tough nba player in history.

Any player is going to look soft compared to MJ lol

You are silly.
Barkley, bird played with back spasm and had to lay down on the floor when on the bench.
but i guess u r too young to know that.
dirk played through fever and finger injury.
LeBron twisted his ankle in game 2 of this year's finals and still played great and did not wanted to miss minutes.
ac green lost his teeth when karl malone elbowed him. He just took them up and resumed playing when bleeding wss stopped.
I twisted ankles or hurt my back too during games, yet if i can move i played.
it's about your will to play or sit out more than needed.
there are many players who are not so soft like rose.
but if u want to defend him please go on.
At the moment he's in the league of penny hardaway.

LOL. Ok? Nice to add yourself onto that list.

And nothing on that list has anything to do with what I've said.

Last edited:
Jimmy B is looking real good. Almost certain that he makes the jump this year. Bulls better be ready to show him the money.

Lets get one thing straight. Derrick has played through injuries and pain. After his two injuries , he's more cognizant of his body and the way it responds to pain. I took his statement like this, "im gonna give it 100% when im on the court, but after missing almost two seasons already i dont mind guarding my body more so that i can be on the court when it really counts. And i also am more leary of injuries, thus i now understand the importance this plays on my mind , body, and the affect itll have on my future endeavors after basketball. "

I know what dude meant, but the wordage he used made him sound like a soft selfish guy from Miami. We all want a Chicago guy to be Chicago strong. And fact is, two surgeries have changed Derricks attitude. ..but he still has the will and desire to win a ring. When that changes, ill be the first to chime in.

nah, he has yet to learn how to evolve his game. thats truth. he knows the style that works, hurts him the most

nah, he has yet to learn how to evolve his game. thats truth. he knows the style that works, hurts him the most

That's what i mean.
if he is really caring about his injury prone body he seriously has to rethink about his playing style.
while we like watch his explosive moves, it's just a matter of time his knees and ankles wear out much faster than normal.
and at the moment it looks like it already happened 2 years ago.
But for the bulls he is no use if he's more absent on the court.
they cannot keep the leader position forever for him.

Last edited:
Jimmy B is looking real good. Almost certain that he makes the jump this year. Bulls better be ready to show him the money.

Unless his performance falls off a cliff he's getting a Hayward-like max IMO. Betting on himself was a very smart move for him. He'll stay a Bull but it'll cost..

Finally, our SG for the foreseeable future

Unless his performance falls off a cliff he's getting a Hayward-like max IMO. Betting on himself was a very smart move for him. He'll stay a Bull but it'll cost..

Finally, our SG for the foreseeable future

Yes lawd Jimmy gotta pay that man

"Thibs," can Mirotic get more minutes in the rotation or nah? I don't wanna see an injury to Paul, Jo, or Taj for increased production. Nikola was effective in extended minutes against Minny and Orlando. I'm bothered.

Cleaning out the crib. Childhood jerseys.

Rose is out again....this time problem with his hamstring.
What's next?
Broken nose? Discolated shoulder? Jammed finger?
one bad news after another.
For those who mentioned rose being like iverson but more talented i must say...yes, he's more talented in injuring himself.
Seriously, rose had so far only one outstanding season (2011) while iverson was one of the top guards in his first 8 seasons at least.
Imo rose does not deserve to be compared with Iverson for the moment.
If he can stay healthy finally for at least 5 seasons and play like he did in 2011, then we might compare them.

At the moment, i have the bad feeling that the bulls need to build a team without rose taking an important role.
At the moment it's jimmy butler and pau gasol carrying this team.

What's next?

For those who mentioned rose being like iverson but more talented i must say...yes, he's more talented in injuring himself.
Seriously, rose had so far only one outstanding season (2011) while iverson was one of the top guards in his first 8 seasons at least.
If he can stay healthy finally for at least 5 seasons and play like he did in 2011, then we might compare them.

At the moment, i have the bad feeling that the bulls need to build a team without rose taking an important role.

like it or lump it man it is what it is.

What's next?

You really can't blame him for being injured all the time. Imo his playing style is so explosive, he ends up messing his knees or his ankles. 

Also, I think that they can still become a playoff contender even if Rose is playing for a short time. He didn't play for four games and the Bulls still made it to the top of the Central Division, even going 5-0 on the road. 

But hey, it's still the beginning, the standings can change over time. Who knows, we might get number 7 after this season.

/opinion

You really can't blame him for being injured all the time. Imo his playing style is so explosive, he ends up messing his knees or his ankles. 

Also, I think that they can still become a playoff contender even if Rose is playing for a short time. He didn't play for four games and the Bulls still made it to the top of the Central Division, even going 5-0 on the road. 

But hey, it's still the beginning, the standings can change over time. Who knows, we might get number 7 after this season.

/opinion

I'm not blaming him.
we all know it's the least he wants to happen.
However, a professional basketball team is about business. If someone cannot deliver the expected performance over a long term (no matter due to injuries, sickness or other inability) then the management has to make decisions.
I know it sounds harsh and even cold, but that's business no matter u r an nba player, worker, office clerk or whatever.

jumpman cbt2 jumpman cbt2 dude relax.

In the words of JO......"chill the f out"

Ok i try to pull my ears and say: woosah ^^

Seriously, i don't think it's fair to the other bulls player who have been carrying this team over years and yet not considered as the leader of this team.
I think it might happen to rose like what happened with ballack in the german national soccer team when he got replaced by another player as team captain due to long absence.

^
You make some valid points but we're barely 10 games into the season to be deciding his fate here. The team still hasn't found they're true identity and they're just starting to get to know each other and gel.

Let's wait till after the all star break to see where we're at. Besides like it or not Rose is our franchise player for the present and future. I'm sure he's dying to shut all his critics up, but we also have to be realistic here and give him time to find his grove.

Panic and concern after 10 games = mentally soft, maybe?

Anywhooo...SLP I love the printed champion era but prefer the stitched Nike versions

Panic and concern after 10 games = mentally soft, maybe?

Anywhooo...SLP I love the printed champion era but prefer the stitched Nike versions

Lol, what?

Am I not allowed to be concerned after this dude has already been injured twice early in the season? How can you spin his injuries in a positive manner? But I'm not jumping off the ledge either. I'm telling you how I see it.

Look, I'm a Bulls fan first and foremost. Rose is my guy, but he really needs to shut the **** up and just play. I like that he's committed, I like the fire, but damn I don't understand the need to talk reckless and you can't even back it up because you can't stay healthy. How am I gonna take your claims seriously? :rolleyes

And before you call me a fake fan, FOH and realize the dude is NOT barred from criticism.

Last edited:
There's too much tension in here.

If any of y'all ain't doing nothing this Friday, you're all more than welcomed to join me and watch the Bulls @ Portland. I'm usually at this spot on Ogden called "the Ogden" :lol: or at the Output lounge.

First rounds on me! :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom