Bucket hat thread

MilkCrate-X-TDE-Buckethat.jpg

Limited Edition

Sold out tho |I

I got one for sale if your interested

The bucket hat originated in Ireland.

The bucket hat is Irish in origin, being traditionally worn by fishermen and farmers as protection from the rain. It was quickly adopted by the English upper classes for country pursuits like walking, wildfowling and fishing as, when folded, it could fit inside a coat pocket. Today, it is part of the traditional Irish folk costume, together with the flat cap, grandfather shirt and Aran sweater.

The bucket hat is Irish in origin, being traditionally worn by fishermen and farmers as protection from the rain. It was quickly adopted by the English upper classes for country pursuits like walking, wildfowling and fishing as, when folded, it could fit inside a coat pocket. Today, it is part of the traditional Irish folk costume, together with the flat cap, grandfather shirt and Aran sweater.

You found that on Wikipedia though...
And of course they aren't going to respect the fact that it rooted from slavery :smh:

Ive seen a lot so far in Miami, its getting hot again so tanks and buckets hats are what people are rocking.

Off topic but I deadass cannot wait until yall stop wearing those damn corny *** jogger pants. joints are horrible
:lol: word :smh:
****** out here walking around looking like some foolios some real ****

Last edited:

You found that on Wikipedia though...
And of course they aren't going to respect the fact that it rooted from slavery :smh:

copied and pasted from wiki

actually found it here

http://www.hatcountry.com/Hats/Bucket+Hats/

Last edited:
copied and pasted from wiki

actually found it here

http://www.hatcountry.com/Hats/Bucket+Hats/

Taken from that site
Hatcountry has the largest collection of cowboy hats - cowboy boots and western wear. We have a wide range of western products like western hats - cowboy hats - cowboy boots - western boots.

This site revolves around cowboy and western culture. Racism is a huge pillar of this culture. Of course they won't give an honorable mention to the African American slaves who originated this. I'm sure that a different form of bucket hat can be traced back to African civilizations, prior to 1555 when that 1st slaveship came and kidnapped us

Think what you're looking to say Africans originated was the kufi or kofia not a bucket hat. But i'll let you continue sir

I like those hats that look like farmers or fisherman wear...
.the look like over sized bucket hats... And they'll have a string attached to them that goes under your chin.

Those hats are dope

Need a bucket that will fit over my dreads. :frown:

I like those hats that look like farmers or fisherman wear...
.the look like over sized bucket hats... And they'll have a string attached to them that goes under your chin.

Those hats are dope

Need a bucket that will fit over my dreads. :frown:

Boonie hat

The bucket hat originated in the Dominican Republic ....fisherman would use them to catch fish to feed their family

Back
Top Bottom