brought tears to my eyes..

smh.gif
smh.gif

*waits for that one a-hole that is gonna turn this into an argument or say something racist*

So who was worse off, the ones who stayed on the boat or the ones who jumped overboard into the shark infested water?

Thank god those times are over.

only the physical bondage has ended.. not the mental aspect..

if u think those pictures are heartbreaking.....then the uncut truth and all of its details about what when on these ships would make u furious...its beyondinhuman

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

So who was worse off, the ones who stayed on the boat or the ones who jumped overboard into the shark infested water?
quite rhetorical..

those pictures are moving.. i remember when i wrote a paper about a slave coming to america.. the diseases, deaths, rape etc... crazy.

what's crazy is that it wasn't even taht long ago...

just 200ish years ago.

crazy how things change.

don't look back and hate on the americans for doing that. just be happy that blacks have freedom now. that's all that matters.

have a good day.

I remember watching Roots in 8th grade... the boat part was one of the saddest, most frustrating parts to watch...

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I remember watching Roots in 8th grade... the boat part was one of the saddest, most frustrating parts to watch...

I first saw it in 8th grade too. We watched a BUNCH of black history movies
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 1 IN A BILLION

what's crazy is that it wasn't even taht long ago...

just 200ish years ago.

crazy how things change.

don't look back and hate on the americans for doing that. just be happy that blacks have freedom now. that's all that matters.

have a good day.
In some black families, that's just a mother and daughter/son away from slavery...

Brutal is the word. Yes, we've came along way but even now the stigma of what went on there resides today mentally. It's f'd up either way, just bethankfull times are not as blatent.

Back
Top Bottom