Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

OH IT FEELS GOOD TO BE HOME

cha 1.jpg

ad 11.jpg

Disappointing loss. I wish the NBA would get rid of b2bs bc I hate when teams use that as their excuse for losing. Ryan Ruocco was stressing the fact that this was their 2nd game way too often in the broadcast. I know it's tough but these are the games you have to really try and power through.

I'm glad Nash didn't let the team off the hook in the postgame either. He acknowledged that getting in at 4am may have led to the cold shooting but said that they still have to find other ways to win on nights like this.

Team looked really good running and gunning in the first half but was night and day in the second half. :sick:

Didn't help that the refs missed some calls on drives to the rim by Drummond and KD. And the challenge on the Clax block, I don't know how the refs still called that a foul. Hand is part of the ball so that should have been overturned to a clean block. :smh:

Patty was off once again but really, the entire team shot poorly from 3. Smh, on to the next.

Yeah tough loss. I thought the blowout in Miami would've did the team good because they rested the entire 4th but nope. Entire team looked sluggish.

Kyrie was really forcing shots. If the 3 and midrange isn't working try something else. KD too. Team missed shots they usually make.

Really no need to mention Patty right now lol. He's a net negative in all aspects.

And for the life of me, I don't understand how Charlotte has such a poor record. Cuz it feels like everytime I watch them play on tv, they are smashing the other team they're playing. :lol:

game shouldn't have been that close. Nets shot better than 50% from the field and 90% in FTs yet were fighting with the Pistons all night.

Seemingly daring them to make 3s also didn't help :lol:

I didn't even want to post after the game last night bc I think I might have been overly critical. :lol:

Yes, it was a win. Yes, KD went off and Kyrie provided good support. Yes, Drum and Clax gave excellent minutes in the post. Yes, BB and Seth hit some key shots.

But that defense was certainly not the best effort. Once again, I wanted to reach through the tv and shake Nash's hand during the post game bc I agreed with most of what he said. :lol:. You can tell he's clearly frustrated with the lack of consistency on the defensive side.

I don't get it, these dudes seem to think they can hit a switch or something. I guess we shall see.

K krazy88s , they definitely played as if they were allergic to the 3pt line. :sick:

I will say though that Det has legit pieces in Cade, Bey, and Stewart. That's a good core right there and I would not trade any of those 3.

Last edited:
PLAY BG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE MINUTES OR ELSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUT J JOHNSON TO KEEP KESS 4 THA PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE !!!!!!!!!!!

BG cowboy.jpg

DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was a dope article. Thanks for posting.

KD: "Because I feel like I am basketball. I breathe it. This is my DNA.". :pimp:

that was my fav part too

in the dictionary next to the word HOOPER is HIS PICTURE

i also dug when he said if lebron and jordan were the captains they BOTH pickin HIM 1st 😍

hooper.jpg

Yeah, I read that and pretty much did the Alonzo Mourning. :lol:

Should be a very good game tonight. KD and Giannis always seem to get up to play against each other.

Ummm. Why did Bruce push Greek in the back in clear view of everyone? Wasn't even on some slick **** :lol: I think that changed a lot.

The whistles definitely weren't in our favor. Bucks shot damn near 40 FTs 0] I felt Drummond should've been matched up against Greek from the start. This way Greek wouldn't just barrel himself into Nets defenders

About Griffin, Nash said his best position is the 5 (and he's right). He's also not out playing Clax and especially Drummond. James Johnson gets play because imo

1. he can handle the ball

2. he has the foot speed to play against other 3s and 4s.

bucks r a better team but at least let the PLAYERS decide the outcome, PLEASE

good question on what BB was thinkin on that push, maybe cause the whole game was so physical he figured he could get away with it ?

i feel on ya on the BG points, it just seems that theres times he would be able to add a shbot of energy and effort, his shots have even been falling when he rarely takes one, just seems like he should get SOME burn. maybe alongside drummond ?!?!?!?! i like his physicality, maybe could make thing a little harder for giannis who is playin outta this planet right now, goodness.

tell me JJ dont frustrate the HELL outta ya, did he even score last night ? both points valid he just dont seem to really add much at all, if BEN10 could get his ish together jj wouldnt be seen or heard from. eye kinda though Kess would phase out jj but maybe not *shrug*

gotta go into the postseason with KESS on the team, if it means jj goes, then jj gotta go

next time someone undercuts the Reaper he needs to get knocked the F out, MAYBE thatll stop it, bish *** ish to pull :angry:

trade.jpg

TLDR: Super disappointing loss. I'm not mad at the effort or anything like that at all. But the lack of urgency has been my main concern for a minute now. And the last few minutes of that game is exactly what I'm talking about. :ohwell:

First of all, on the last shot of regulation, that sudden double on KD by Giannis is exactly what happened against Dallas when KD jumped Luka and he passed to Spence for the game winning 3.

durant doubled.jpg

Tough to see him, but Kyrie is behind KD in almost the same spot he hit the 3 for Cleveland against GS to win the title. I'm not mad at KD for taking the shot. But that was a super tough attempt with 2 guys all over him.

I feel as if Kyrie was underutilized a little bit and was pretty much a non-factor in OT. Of course when you have KD on your team, you can't go wrong with him taking ANY shot. But Nash has to remember that he has TWO nuclear weapons, not 1.

Refs were *** all game. Not sure how the heck KD wasn't awarded a flagrant on that corner 3. Wes clearly ran up under him. Definitely should have been 3 shots plus the ball. Smh... Just in general, I wasn't feeling how the Bucks were trying to rough up and punk the Nets. That flagrant on BB was totally unnecessary by Khris. Nets aren't a soft team imo, but they could definitely use a goon on the squad. I thought that was what JJ would bring to the team but nope, he hasn't really been that at all. As a matter of fact, JJ seems to be one of the nicer guys on the team and is always helping the opponent off the floor.

K krazy88s made some great points about playing JJ for his versatility over Blake. But at this point, I'd like to see Blake and JJ split minutes or something. That would only be like 5mpg for each of them but **** it. Anything to limit JJ at this point. :lol:

As for Bruce, I was happy with his production but is it me or does it seem like anytime he has a big scoring game, he starts to do too much?? And it's like the bball gods say ENOUGH and make him start to turn it over or put up bad attempts and just make poor decisions all of a sudden. I kind of just like him as the hustle/defense/occasional spot up shooter. Him and JJ get out of control when they are feeling themselves too much. :lol:

I felt Drummond should've been matched up against Greek from the start. This way Greek wouldn't just barrel himself into Nets defenders

Completely agree. I know I've said it before, but watching such a big lineup of Lopez and Giannis keeps making me wonder what a Drummond and Clax lineup together would look like. Cleveland started Jarrett and Mobley and had tremendous success in doing so. Same with Memphis and Adams and JJJ.

I feel as if Drum needs to be in the paint at ALL TIMES and NEVER switch off bc that torching by Luka in the Dallas game was embarrassing. Clax can do that kind of switch, not Drum. I also don't understand why the Nets as a team take as many shots as they do with Drummond still out on the perimeter. I love the high screen as an occasional option with him. But I rather him pick and roll instead of screening and staying out by the 3pt line.

Park his big *** in the paint and let him gobble the boards. NO SWITCHING for him.

Seth gets abused on d. Patty gets abused on d. Kyrie not so much but that's bc the opposition is already picking on Seth or Patty. :lol:
And let's not even mention Cam or Goran on d either. >D Nets entire backcourt is food if we keeping it a buck. |l

The backcourt getting abused the way they do leads to the help double team which leads to the switching and over-rotating which leads to Drummond on the perimeter which leads to the breakdowns and easy/open shots for the other team. Nets really, really need Ben at this point.

Last edited:
I guess we're all feeling the same in not wanting to post after that last loss. And not just here. I see morale among Nets fans is down all across social. :ohwell:

I can't remember the last time I've seen KD so outwardly frustrated with his teammates. At the 10:44 mark of the 4th, him and JJ got into it and you could clearly hear (on the Hawks broadcast) KD tell JJ to "shut the **** up". KD's body language has also been really poor lately too. The losses and pressure seem to be getting to him and you hate to see it. :ohwell:

Nets got absolutely DOMINATED in terms of the free throw numbers (49 v 19 attempts :sick: ). And credit to Nash and KD for saying it wasn't the refs, that it was just the team being undisciplined with silly reach ins.

To make matters worse, the bench was shorthanded bc of injuries/illness yet NO ONE was able to come in and provide a spark. Both Nash and KD touched on this. I've been saying the same thing all year, that this team relies way too much on KD holding their hand. It's especially frustrating when you look at teams like Memphis, the Clippers, the Suns, the Warriors still playing at an elite level minus their big stars or at the very least, putting up a fight and making opposing teams have to work hard to beat them.

Ex Net TLC... TLC!!!... scored more points than any Nets bench player. No Net reserve had more than 9 points. :sick:

Just terrible defense when guarding the 3s. Trae literally shook his shoulders and probably could have done a Michael Jackson spin and kick too before ANY defender ran out to him on that 3. |l

yeah KD was frustrated last game. I was too.

absolutely ZERO help from anyone. Supporting cast was putrid. Patty Mills couldn't score one damn point in 30 minutes. Not ONE. James Johnson deserves to be cursed out...even when he does something good.

The supporting cast looks so scared and timid at times. I don't get it. They lost by 7 and apparently the group outside of Kyrie and KD couldn't muster up 8 points.

Also, Nets are literally the only team that still has players missing games due to Covid :lol:

Ben ruled out for the rest of the season and play-in tournament.

I was optimistic that he could at least get in a game before the season ended but I was clearly wrong with that thought. :ohwell:

We just have to wait and see who the opponent is for the play-in now. >D

Nice victory.

Jalen Green was really trying to come for the Nets though on some I got NOW ****. Just like Cade did. I respect it but KD isn't going anywhere just yet young'uns.

As for the game, the supporting cast came out way more aggressive than normal and was definitely looking for their shot. Especially Kessler and Bruce. ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Knicks will play (and talk) tough tonight as always. So the Nets will need a focused effort to get the W.

Curry not on list for 2nite looks like he will be in line up... i think itsa mistake...... gonna need all hands on deck to even get outta the play in

like KD said ... HE dont care lets just play the games

IF BKLYN wins out they get the 7 seed, does it really matter ??? they PLAY BETTER AWAY FROM THA CLAYS ANYWAYS !!!

SO SO SO sick and tired of all the injuries , never seen anything like it

WAITING patiently for them to cut JJ and put Kess on the playoff roster, sorry JJ i like ya but ya gotta go

RAMADAN KYRIE IN FULL MFin EFFECT

ki 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom