Brett Favre retired? Maybe not. Favre seeking trade

^ Who told you that?

Some NFL analyst on ESPN said earlier that it was a misnomer that Favre hasn't filed his papers yet, and that the only reason he would do that would be tobegin receiving his retirement pay. Clearly, he doesn't need that, so (according to him), there's nothing to read into.

At all.

But then you heard someone say that he's trying to yank someone's chain?

I'll go with the insight of the NFL analyst on this one.

Maybe Favre wants to come back to try and break the real top consecutive games played streak of 282 games byMr. Jim Marshall
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nightruans

where would he go if he did decide to leave??

Hed want to go somewhere with a legit chance of a superbowl.... the only Playoff team that really needs a QB is Tampa Bay...

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Man, %#$* Brett Favre. RETIRE you graying $!$. I don't want to hear his name mentioned for another year.

indifferent.gif
wth has he done to you ???

Being born was enough.

thanx for being very specific
nerd.gif

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Go give relationship advice.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of these NT Favre haters started this rumor over the internet hoping it would escalate, so they will have something to hateon for a few more days on NT.
roll.gif
And don't hate on someone who hasmore records than your whole favorite team combined.
pimp.gif

yea, while ppl weren't really expecting him to make a comeback, i'm sure it really doesn't shock anybody.

you gotta believe there's some truth behind this though, even though his agent says it's a lie.

Man, %#$* Brett Favre. RETIRE you graying $!$. I don't want to hear his name mentioned for another year.

indifferent.gif
wth has he done to you ???

Being born was enough.

thanx for being very specific
nerd.gif

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

why would I think you're kidding when you have that many posts ????????
eek.gif
happy.gif

Never really thought he was all that anyway. He's always been coddled by the NFL and media resulting in bots/fans thinking he's better than he actuallyhas been throughout his career.

Let's be real here.

Favre's agent doesnt exactly have much credibility. One, he's on Favre's payroll and will say anything to skirt the issue if that is what he istold. And two, he was the guy who had to come out the day Favre retired with "Brett didnt exactly feel he was wanted back" which was seemed absurdand Favre had to shoot down at his press conference. Also, if Cook got busted digging around of course he is going to deny it.

Many MANY people have said from the get-go that Favre will not end up retiring. This isnt some "Oh my god no way" moment if this news is true. Idoubt it's true. But I also wouldnt rule it out no matter how crazy it sounds (leaving a great situation in G.B. and also his Wisconsin worshippers). Butanyone saying "Favre's agent said it's not true" is the reason we should close this needs to go another route IMO.

Whatever,if this is true... and he wants to play this year, got get a mid/high first round draft pick for him. im all for it at this point, lets get thisdeal done quick Buss.

Of course Peter King got some quotes this morning, he must have rolled over in bed and asked him:

[h2]Favre not considering comeback[/h2] [h1]Ex-Pack QB: 'That's the last thing I'm thinking about'[/h1]
By Peter King, SI.com

Brett Favre, startled this morning to see the enormity of a report on a morning sports show that he might play football again, said he is not considering coming out of retirement.

"That's the last thing I'm thinking about,'' Favre told SI.com. "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one.''

On Thursday, the Los Angeles Times reported that Favre's agent, Bus Cook, was asking around the league to see if teams had any interest in trading for the 38-year-old Favre. Thursday night, Cook denied that he was trying to find teams that wanted Favre. When the news broke, Cook called Favre and told him people were sniffing around about Favre coming out of retirement, and Favre was surprised to hear that the story had gotten legs.

"It's crazy to me that I'm the guy they're all talking about, and the story is out there everywhere, and I have nothing to do with it,'' he said. "It's not something I'm thinking about. It's kind of funny. Even when I'm retired, they won't let me stay retired.''

This morning, he was driving from his 465-acre property in Hattiesburg, Miss., to a doctor near the Southern Mississippi campus. He thinks he has a hernia, suffered late in the season, and was going to see about getting it repaired. As he drove, he passed a sign that interrupted his thoughts on this story. "Hey, I'm passing a sign that says, 'Favre Tees. On Sale.' That's great, isn't it?''

Most days he eats breakfast at home with wife Deanna and daughter Breleigh, drives Breleigh to school and spends the day working on his property, mowing and edging and clearing land. "Deanna says I'm married to my property,'' he said. "I love working out there.''

At the NFL Meetings this week, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson said he wanted to visit Favre in Mississippi after the draft. Thompson just wants to say thanks for everything, and to have some quiet time with him.

"Good,'' said Favre. "I'll put him to work.''

Favre said he doesn't miss the physical part of preparing for the season. Last year, he spent most of three months in the offseason working with a live-in trainer who got him in the best shape he'd been in for years. "Not once have I felt like working out and getting ready for football,'' he said. "I just don't miss it.''

But will he? That's something he can't know for sure. Only time will tell. In a rambling discourse about how he thinks he'll feel when the season starts and if he'll be tempted to play, he said, "I suppose anything could happen.'' But the reason that quote is not in the lead of this story is because it's an honest reflection of a man who won't try to predict the future. Ninety-nine percent of what he said in a 20-minute conversation was very much about football being in the rearview mirror. And he certainly would not want the Packers or any other team to line up, hoping he'd change his mind in August and come in to save a sorry quarterback situation.

"How will I feel in four months? Who knows? I'm sure I'll miss it on Sundays," Favre said. "But football's so much more than 16 Sundays. It's about all the other stuff -- the preparation, the off-field stuff. And I don't miss any of that.''

1.gif

IF Favre comes back he should definitely stay in GB. They were one win away from the Super Bowl and took the Giants to OT. They have a good Rb, Receiving core,and defense. Where else would he go?

Why would he even seek a trade? The Packers were one bad quarter away from the Superbowl. This seems so fake.

Although I wouldnt mind my favorite football player ever coming back for one more.
smile.gif

Brett Favrvevrevevrve:
I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.'

It's kind of funny. Even when I'm retired, they won't let me stay retired.

Not once have I felt like working out and getting ready for football; I just don't miss it.

How will I feel in four months? Who knows? I'm sure I'll miss it on Sundays, but football's so much more than 16 Sundays. It's about all the other stuff -- the preparation, the off-field stuff. And I don't miss any of that.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ some of y'all jumping to conclusions

Actually, we all jump to conclusions from time to time; that's not the funny part.

The funny part is going to be when some of you read those words from Brett himself, and you either choose to ignore them, or you justify them (when youdidn't justify information earlier that came from some L.A. Times reporter).

You hear it from the actual guy himself and you dismiss it, but you hear it from some unconnected reporter on the other side of the country, and you accept it.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Peter King, of SI.com:
Ninety-nine percent of what he said in a 20-minute conversation was very much about football being in the rearview mirror. And he certainly would not want the Packers or any other team to line up, hoping he'd change his mind in August and come in to save a sorry quarterback situation.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ y'all that are going to ignore THIS reporter's analysis, but you ranwith the other reporter's analysis, and that other reporter wasn't sharing with after he had just spoke with Brett

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom