Breaking News: UCLA will fire Karl Dorrell

Karl Dorrell is set to be bought at around 2 Million

Bring on Mariucci
pimp.gif
or Rick Neuheisel, rather

i heard this like at 5am but i thought for sure it had been posted.
does it suprise anyony, tho?
laugh.gif

adios KD

good memories last year (13-9), tough injuries this year, nice guy but we want the W's.

I hope they stay away from Chris Peterson. He is #1 on my Michigan HC list. This guy is going to be the next big thing in coaching. The guy is borderlinegenious.

I hope they stay away from Chris Peterson. He is #1 on my Michigan HC list. This guy is going to be the next big thing in coaching. The guy is borderlinegenious.

YEEEEEES
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

UCLA announced Monday that it has fired football coach Karl Dorrell.

"Karl has represented this program with dignity and class. He is a true Bruin and I respect what he has accomplished in his five years as our head coach, particularly off the field," UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero said. "But, at the end of the day, the focus has to be on results and I felt that a change was in the best interest for the future of our program."

Dorrell's buyout will pay him just over $2 million.

ncf_g_dorrell_65.jpg

Dorrell

A short list of candidates has been assembled, sources familiar with the athletic department told The Los Angeles Times on Sunday.

Defensive coordinator DeWayne Walker could be considered for the potential opening, according to Schad. Walker is also a candidate for the Washington State opening.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Boise State coach Chris Petersen is said to be Guerrero's first choice, with Texas Tech coach Mike Leach and former NFL coach Steve Mariucci considered among the other top candidates. Representatives on behalf of the UCLA athletic department have contacted all three, multiple sources said.

The Bruins (6-6, 5-4 Pac 10) entered the season with 20 returning starters and high expectations. Erratic play caused at least in part by injuries to several key players including quarterbacks Ben Olson and Patrick Cowan short-circuited their hopes.

Dorrell was given a one-year extension last February to put him under contract through the 2011 season, but Guerrero said several weeks ago he'd evaluate the program at season's end.

Dorrell declined to comment on his job status after UCLA's 24-7 loss to then No. 8 USC on Saturday, but senior defensive end Bruce Davis had plenty to say on his coach's behalf.

"He wasn't the one that couldn't execute, he didn't go out there and miss tackles, he didn't cause turnovers," Davis said. "I don't want to see him go. I'll always be indebted to him. Off the field, every time I've needed him, he's been there for me and my family."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3138961

Heard about it last night. Good guy, but he wasn't getting the job done. Bring on Chris Petersen or Mariucci.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

found that out two dayas ago when my cousin (works for UCLA) told me ...

i also found out 2 days ago after they lost to usc
laugh.gif

it was "OFFICAL" since pretty much last night and he told KD this morning hours before the offical announcment.

the list is
Mike Leach
Chris Petterson
Steve Mariucci

if those fail
Mike Price
Mike Riley

We all knew he was gone. This isn't a surprise. I don't get how he led them early in season but late in the seaon he always failed. Hell the USCvictory last year helped him keep his job.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

So, now there are 6 black coaches out of 119 NCAA coaches left?

SMH.

Word is going around that Ty Willingham is about to get the axe now too... if its true should be coming out soon..

Back
Top Bottom