Breaking News::::: NORTH KOREA has fired FOUR short-range missiles..... (South Korea confirms)

If this NK situation is serious business, then why is it not headlining all the big news sites like CNN and BBC.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I mean yippee dooo that NK missiles can't hit stateside but what about the few hundred thousand Americans, US military personnel and their families living in those countries around NK?

I am not too concern though, our Navy destroyers and the USS George Washington are in prime position to give NK a spanking. Bring it NK.. do something stupid
If a war does break out it isn't going to be the US that suffers. It's going to be SK.

And I have friends/family in US bases in South Korea so whose going to suffer again?

P.S. these are some of the worst analogies I've ever seen in a thread

friggin kids on playgrounds?

pulling out a strap?

ugh

if you have a legit argument go ahead stop with all the materialism,capitalism nonsense...most of the leaders who use these as anti-american propaganda are thebiggest hypocrites...just take a look into their own lifestyles compared to their people (for example, FLEETS of S class benzes, just not a few here and there)

Originally Posted by SlamCity

If this NK situation is serious business, then why is it not headlining all the big news sites like CNN and BBC.
They dont want people to panic and further mess up the economy with people not wanting to go out or whatever. While it is a cause of concern sinceNK is looney nowadays, they arent going to attack us and even if they do, we can shoot down their missiles. They cant even make a missle to reach Hawaii. Theydont even have cars that can run for 100k miles either.
laugh.gif

But naw, they are crazy, but not crazy enough to attack us.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

North Korea is like an annoying little brat kid lighting off fire works directed toward your house just to try & get you to pay attention to them.... because no one actually cares or likes them & everyone knows an adult (America) could just go smack the kid (North Korea) and make em stop what he's doing
riiiiiiight.

I don't think we should look at it like this. To underestimate any enemy in a time of nuclear technology could turn out to be a big mistake.
Either way. No country wants it with us.
United States > any country in the world
North Korea knows that....
They just are trying to get stuff from us and other countries and being really annoying in the process and need to be dealt with in some fashion
You do realize that the US is now second in the world in terms of production and militaristic strength right?

Guess who's holding the number one spot...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by SlamCity

They dont want people to panic and further mess up the economy with people not wanting to go out or whatever. While it is a cause of concern since NK is looney nowadays, they arent going to attack us and even if they do, we can shoot down their missiles. They cant even make a missle to reach Hawaii. They dont even have cars that can run for 100k miles either.
laugh.gif

But naw, they are crazy, but not crazy enough to attack us.

You're ridiculous.

You never underestimate an enemy. Do you think the Japanese expected thedevastation they received from the Manhattan project?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I mean yippee dooo that NK missiles can't hit stateside but what about the few hundred thousand Americans, US military personnel and their families living in those countries around NK?

I am not too concern though, our Navy destroyers and the USS George Washington are in prime position to give NK a spanking. Bring it NK.. do something stupid
If a war does break out it isn't going to be the US that suffers. It's going to be SK.
And I have friends/family in US bases in South Korea so whose going to suffer again?

Probably.
However, we're there and they're not here so.......

You do realize that the US is now second in the world in terms of production and militaristic strength right?

grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pray tell

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Once again, North Korea is the US's biggest threat.

I agree. A region which we have no political influence, everyone knows last time that happened.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Famines in the last decade? Yes that's bad, but look at the statistics about America. The annual murder rate hovers around 17,000. Then we have the number of people incarcerated in America, the poverty rate, etc. You can find things of that sort for every country.

I have absolutely no problem with any response, but I would much rather push for diplomacy before aggression.

We have all seen the videos of the pride North Koreans have over their country. Their sense of nationalism is just as strong as ours. To under mind them and treat them as a "little brother" or "annoying child" is a terrible approach, and will only lead to more aggression and tension between us.
I'm sure you'd enjoy a tea party with Kim Jong Il too wouldn't you?
There have been ongoing attempts to talk to this dude & he's just doing whatever he wants.... CLEARLY

Like I asked before to someone in this thread (maybe you).... what's your solution?

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

You guys are both ******ed.
Think about who is hating the Americans. The leaders of the country who are straight up tyrant. We are going into those places or went into those places because the PEOPLE not the LEADERS are not living normal life styles. I would dare you to go to one of those countries and see how it is under those rulers. Saddam, Kim Jong Il, Ho Chi Minh, F that *+%+.

They brain wash people, torture them, and give them terrible lifestyles in general.
I guess we are bullies to the leaders of the country but not the people. Its for their own good.

I truley believe everyone should get a chance to live the American lifestyle. That may sound ignorant but when i say that i mean it by having a house, food every night, water when ever you want, clothes, jobs, transportation.

Breakyaneck3000. You see what i highlighted up there in your post.

Your dam right we did, and your dam right its becasue they dont fit the American model.
Living under that bastard would be pure hell. I feel bad for those people. The frigging dude has internmant camps over there. SMH

Edit: same thing with Iraq. Things are messy now because of the insurgents and all. But the actual people who live there. DO you know how happy they were when Saddam withdrew power? They were the ones who were bringing down his statue not us.

Again, its about the people not the leader.
Great post!
Originally Posted by Prez T

some of yall REALLY need to look up the history of NK before you enter this thread

Mo Matik - are you seriously trying to compare the living conditions of NK to the US ?
do you realize what percentage '17,000' is of 306 million ?
Exactly.... I kind of got the feeling he was trying to compare the 2..... but I really hope not
Originally Posted by DubA169

pulling out a strap?
ugh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If they are so bad, please explain why
Originally Posted by iBlink

grin.gif
Please, get out of here.

US Military > any other military in the world

grin.gif
Please, get out of here.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam. Countries we should have beat easy BUT we couldn't.. Vietnam we got our +#% handed to us. Afghanistan who knows where that willend. Iraq we ended up winning by mistake and still the cost outweighed the benefit.

we are one of the best military no doubt. But we cannot beat every in conventional war methods.

Let's fight war with China, or Russia see if we win easily..

Just because you "love your country" does not make it the best in terms of military.

Originally Posted by DubA169

pulling out a strap?
ugh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If they are so bad, please explain why
Please, get out of here.
I feel like the analogies are trivializing the situation. A country as unstable as north korea shouldn't be taken lightly. Plus things aremore complicated than it being "that punk kid on the playground looking for attention" considering the fact that it's really all about a tyrantfor the most part, not the citizens. This is 50 percent a human rights issue. These people are kept in the dark and are oblivious to the outside world.

I agree with pretty much all of what you said but yeah thats why I wasn't feeling the analogies
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE FAME

smh.gif
at this thread.
On some real +##% though. This country deserves to get blown up.

Why are you so angry?

Afghanistan who knows where that will end. Iraq we ended up winning by mistake and still the cost outweighed the benefit.

We are/weren't fighting against an army in these two situations.

If you go to war, you go to win. The problem with Iraq and Afghanistan is that they were too politicized, there is no reason why we were in Iraq andAfghanistan for so long. They shouldve sent in enough troops to finish the job completely and leave, the surge was a few years too late and couldve saved livesif they sent in the proper amount of troops.

Originally Posted by Essential1

grin.gif
Please, get out of here.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam. Countries we should have beat easy BUT we couldn't.. Vietnam we got our +#% handed to us. Afghanistan who knows where that will end. Iraq we ended up winning by mistake and still the cost outweighed the benefit.

we are one of the best military no doubt. But we cannot beat every in conventional war methods.

Let's fight war with China, or Russia see if we win easily..

Just because you "love your country" does not make it the best in terms of military.
completely different wars man cmon man... We would be fighting a uniformed army in north korea. vietnam was guerilla warfare. The vietcongdidn't wear uniforms. It's incredinly hard to fight a war when you are trying to avoid civilian cassualties. Iraq and afganistan it's the sameproblem but in the desert instead of the jungle. The insurgents don't wear uniforms they like to blend in with the civilians. We weren't fighting areal army in any of the wars you are talking about.

If we go into north korea we are killing anyone wearing a uniform. Airstrikes for weeks perhaps. We would level the place. Fighting a real government sponsoredarmy is entirley differant.

As for the rest of your post we would destroy russia as long as nukes didn't come into play. If you want to count nukes then we would mutually destroy eachother

China scares me...

I think alot of you are in the area of thining N KOREA vs the US... then its an easy winfor us.. I mean hell yeah if it was like that then them cats got no chance... but were missing the point that thier allies are the 2 biggest heads ever.RUSSIA and CHINA are allied hard with N. KOREA, so if if were them 3 agains the US, then yeah webetter start worrying,,

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by THE FAME

smh.gif
at this thread.
On some real +##% though. This country deserves to get blown up.

Why are you so angry?

Afghanistan who knows where that will end. Iraq we ended up winning by mistake and still the cost outweighed the benefit.

We are/weren't fighting against an army in these two situations.

If you go to war, you go to win. The problem with Iraq and Afghanistan is that they were too politicized, there is no reason why we were in Iraq and Afghanistan for so long. They shouldve sent in enough troops to finish the job completely and leave, the surge was a few years too late and couldve saved lives if they sent in the proper amount of troops.

We got raped in vietnam. Just because our military is superior, there is no way we would win a war if we attacked that country.

Back
Top Bottom