BREAKING NEWS Mike Vick to the Eagles Confirmed

Random but I just found this new shirt regarding Mike Vick and the Eagles on eBay, when I typed in "michael vick eagles jersey" on the search bar.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
So far there are only 7 bids for $20:

Item number 350240106378

Just enter the item number on advanced search, because I'm not going to post a direct link to the auction.

There's no way Big Ben is top 3: He has a great Defense behind him and he just manages the game. Look what happens to his passing % inside 20-30 attemptscompared to Romo, Brady, Manning, Warner, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers. Also, look at how many times he attempts 20-30 passes compared to every other QB;there's QB's throwing 40-60 more balls inside that 20-30 attempt range with better numbers. Son(Big Ben), were (The Defense) going out of town forthe weekend, don't burn the house down
laugh.gif
- that'sBig Ben. If y'all wanna say he's clutch, it's not pretty but he makes plays when he has too, or whatever, that's fine. That ground game andthat Defense is why he has rings.

Warner's completion % inside 20-30 attempts is 72.5%
eek.gif
, Romo
eek.gif
...yes that Romo
laugh.gif
is 70.8 %(Romo is good a QB...he just got that A-Rod syndrome), with Brady andManning trailing at 69 %. You gotta be a passer to be Top 3.

long read but
smokin.gif

Updated: August 16, 2009, 6:49 PM ET

[h2]Eagles' Vick works on field after practice[/h2]

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb took a knee on the grass and was joined to his right by Michael Vick.

Vick removed his helmet on a humid Sunday afternoon, smiling and laughing as McNabb cracked jokes to the delight of his Philadelphia Eagles teammates. At one point, McNabb threw himself on the ground in what was likely part of the punchline to a story that had Vick -- somber and contrite two days earlier -- grinning in the baking sun.

If animal activists want Vick treated as a social pariah, they won't get any assistance inside the Eagles locker room. Vick is simply one of the boys with the birds -- practicing plays, sprinting in the heat, and absorbing the hits of some good-natured ribbing.

After completing some short passes, cornerback Asante Samuel yelled out, "that's not the same quarterback from the commercial!" Vick's time as a former pitchman for a sports drink included a commercial where he tossed footballs from the field over the stadium. He attempted no passes that deep -- or had the help of digital wizardry -- in his second practice since signing Thursday for $1.6 million with a team option for a second year at $5.2 million.

Vick earned some admirers when he connected with wide receiver Brandon Gibson for 25 yards on a tough sideline route.

"There you go! There you go! Yes!" wide receivers coach David Culley said, patting Vick on the shoulders.

Vick went 1-for-2 on a goal-line drill as practice closed. One pass into the corner was broken up by cornerback Dimitri Patterson. Vick's next pass attempt was tipped by Patterson, before it was caught for a touchdown.

"He flicks the ball a little like a big kid playing amongst little kids," wide receiver Jason Avant said.

Vick, who did not speak to reporters, did have some extra work. Vick, wearing a white long-sleeve shirt under his red No. 7 jersey, spent 20 more minutes on the field after the 110-minute practice ended, throwing passes to Eagles offensive quality coach Doug Pederson. One incompletion was quickly followed by Vick hitting the ground for a series of push-ups.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Vick needed to shed about two pounds, and the disgraced QB needs to play catch-up and learn the intricate playbook -- two reasons for staying late while the rest of the team hit the showers.

A three-time Pro Bowl pick during six seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, Vick served 18 months in federal prison for running a dogfighting ring. He was reinstated last month by the NFL after being out of action since 2006.

Vick struck instant friendships with his forgiving teammates. Wide receiver DeSean Jackson was attached at the hip every time they weren't involved in a play.

"It's a lot more than just football," Jackson said. "We can just get out there and chill a bit. I can talk to him and get to know him a little bit."

The Eagles returned to some sense of normalcy Sunday. No protesters waved signs or brought their dogs outside the team practice complex. The media contingent was reduced to mostly the regular beat writers, not the 100-plus members who stuffed the auditorium for Vick's news conference on Friday. That number should swell on Monday when McNabb addresses the media for the first time since officially having Vick as a practice teammate.

A side-by-side view of McNabb's No. 5 and Vick's No. 7 seemed like a like picture straight out of the Pro Bowl.

"I think Donovan is loving it, actually," Avant said.

Avant loves having Vick around, too.

"You always picked Michael Vick on the video game because he could run around the end," Avant said. "I was just happy that he was on our team. Someone was going to pick him up. I'm just glad the organization decided he would be needed."

Reid has been adamant that Vick was signed to play quarterback, even though his speed and dazzling playmaking make him a better fit as a gimmick player than a pocket passer. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg expected Vick to be worked into the Wildcat offense. The offense is usually a deceptive, single-wing formation that snaps the ball directly to the running back and can turn quarterbacks into wide receivers.

And it makes an all-purpose player like Vick become the most unpredictable player on the field.

"Just being on that other sideline, from a defensive standpoint, dangerous, scared are all words that describe the feelings running through defensive coaches," Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott said.

And what about special teams? Coordinator Ted Daisher said Vick has the athletic ability to play on special teams, but deferred questions about Vick's specific role to Reid.

The Eagles have time to figure it all out. Once the season begins, Vick can participate in all team activities except games. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.

"We just can't wait to have him all the time," Avant said.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

There's no way Big Ben is top 3: He has a great Defense behind him and he just manages the game. Look what happens to his passing % inside 20-30 attempts compared to Romo, Brady, Manning, Warner, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers. Also, look at how many times he attempts 20-30 passes compared to every other QB; there's QB's throwing 40-60 more balls inside that 20-30 attempt range with better numbers. Son(Big Ben), were (The Defense) going out of town for the weekend, don't burn the house down
laugh.gif
- that's Big Ben. If y'all wanna say he's clutch, it's not pretty but he makes plays when he has too, or whatever, that's fine. That ground game and that Defense is why he has rings.

Warner's completion % inside 20-30 attempts is 72.5%
eek.gif
, Romo
eek.gif
...yes that Romo
laugh.gif
is 70.8 %(Romo is good a QB...he just got that A-Rod syndrome), with Brady and Manning trailing at 69 %. You gotta be a passer to be Top 3.
late-pass-1.jpg

We're done talking about that
laugh.gif

But yes, i do have to admit Vick looks good in the Eagles gear.
smh.gif
Never thoughid say that. I do hope McCrybaby gets hurt (again) and Vick gets some playing time
pimp.gif

Incredible how much hate I got for repping Vick these past two-plus years. Not to mention Eagles fans who blasted me any time I mentionVick... yet all of a sudden its a slurp fest. That's what happens when he's on YOUR team. you realize how special he is, how once in a lifetime thisathlete is and you are drawn to it.
pimp.gif

jet pac-

you need to add Tony G. to your list ASAP. i think he looks better in a falcons jersey over vick in a eagles.

Wildcat? Vick, Mcnabb, Mccoy, Westbrook, Buckhalter, Jackson, and others. Vicks pro bowl years are over, though.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

jet pac-

you need to add Tony G. to your list ASAP. i think he looks better in a falcons jersey over vick in a eagles.
I thought about it, I like tony.. But he a Cheif... Just like Vick will always be a Falcon to me.

Vick, did have some extra work. , spent 20 more minutes on the field after the 110-minute practice ended, throwing passes to Eagles offensive quality coach Doug Pederson. One incompletion was quickly followed by Vick hitting the ground for a series of push-ups.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

got this on saturday... hate the team so i hate to wear their jersey but my fav football player of all time along w deion, had to support.

sucks i had to get a replica because its 7 to 14 days til my white authentic comes in

welcome back m.vick

I'm glad to see he is back....I was looking in another forum and I had no idea there was still so much hate for this man
smh.gif

I hope he has a good season tho just not against the Skins
laugh.gif

I've adopted the Eagles as my favorite team. Not only for signing one of my favorite players, but for having the balls to do it. I'm rooting for themto win it all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4399922

[h4]MICHAEL VICK'S MADDEN RATINGS[/h4][table][tr][th=""]Attributes[/th] [th=""]Michael Vick
Madden 10[/th] [th=""]Michael Vick
Madden 08[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Overall Rating[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Speed[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]94[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Agility[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Acceleration[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw Power[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw Accuracy[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Short Accuracy[/td] [td]70[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mid Accuracy[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deep Accuracy[/td] [td]69[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Play Action[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Throw on Run[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Awareness[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]74[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elusiveness[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Juke Move[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Spin Move[/td] [td]93[/td] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ball Carrier Vision[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]95[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carrying[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]50[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
at you dudes that are in love with this man.
Seriously. It is unreal.

If he wins a Superbowl, I'll shed a tear.

To me it's much bigger than football so let me be the one to say it:

This insanely talented man took his skill and profession for granted - he *$%%@# up big time.

His name was drug through the mud.

He did his time.

Hell, my skin is just a dark as his.

I see him and see myself and millions of others who look like me.

I want this Black man to redeem himself.

Bottom line.

How likely it is is still up for sports debate - but understand - if this man wins a chip, Black folks will go CRAZY.

That's what you don't see on ESPN or 60 Minutes, the support his has from his people.

Back
Top Bottom