Brands like Ed Hardy, Affliction banned from bars in Vancouver.

This happens in Charleston too. Especially with the Urban brands. One bar doesn't even allow u to wear chains orgold teeth
smh.gif
Kinda racist if u askme...

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

This happens in Charleston too. Especially with the Urban brands. One bar doesn't even allow u to wear chains or gold teeth
smh.gif
Kinda racist if u ask me...
It's clearly state in thousands of clubs and bars that you can't wear certain things, and those aren't outlandish policies at all.You're making it a racial issue by assuming it's only a certain race that shows up to clubs looking all "thugged" out. My friend was wearinga hooded sweatshirt once to a club, and he's the whitest guy ever, and they made him go back to the car and take it off before letting him in. Urban brandsaren't worn by just minorities, and I've seen plenty of white people get turned away by security for wearing them.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

This happens in Charleston too. Especially with the Urban brands. One bar doesn't even allow u to wear chains or gold teeth
smh.gif
Kinda racist if u ask me...
It's clearly state in thousands of clubs and bars that you can't wear certain things, and those aren't outlandish policies at all. You're making it a racial issue by assuming it's only a certain race that shows up to clubs looking all "thugged" out. My friend was wearing a hooded sweatshirt once to a club, and he's the whitest guy ever, and they made him go back to the car and take it off before letting him in. Urban brands aren't worn by just minorities, and I've seen plenty of white people get turned away by security for wearing them.

I actually was just talking about the chain and gold grill part to be honest but I see how u thought I was talking aboutthe brands. On the real, atleast HALF of all black males in Charleston between the ages of 18 and 24 have dreads, long chains, Coogi, and grills. It's likethe dopeboy uniform but appearances and what u wear don't make u "thugged out"...
ohwell.gif

Mannn like three or four years ago, I bought these Ed Hardy chuck-type shoes, wore 'em once, and put them away, never to be seen again.

Vvvat a vaste.

i just watched that video. same bar, the roadhouse in calgary. I play ball at Brandon, if you pay any attention to CIS ball you'd know our squad is mostlyblack "thuggish"(to go along with the thread) looking dudes.

anyways, two years ago after we play U of C we head to the roadhouse. i had a bunch of girls i know in calgary meeting us there.... they pull the no sneakerrule on us. No one had on sneakers... only dress shoes and timbs. We wait for a cab and watch tons of white dudes get in wearing sneakers, my boys get pissed,i try to deal with it diplomatically as the token white guy in the group. bouncers start gettin violent, we say f it and dip back to ceili's where my boyworks. the girls come out and roll with us there, no big deal.

fast forward to last year, same bar. mindful of the previous year, EVERYONE on the team rocks dress shirts, fitted jeans, and dress shoes. they pull the agecard on us thinking were young, and say sorry guys 21 and up tonight. We all pull out our id's, (im the youngest, 22 at the time, another thing BU is knownfor is everyone bein like 25 still with mad years of eligibility left) then they say oh sorry, we actually just hit capacity, 25 and up now. So since im theonly guy under 25 in the group, and i wanna see where this goes, i say aight yall go in ill head back to the telly, have a good night... of course some otherBS comes up and my boys arent allowed in. My dudes start gettin violent, mind you we had a couple 6'9" 270 lb dudes. instantly, like ten bouncers comeout, cops roll up. ask us to leave. we oblige, but not before i have a chat with the cops off to the side. They acknowledge the blatant racism, tell us thisbar sucks anyways, and point us in the direction of a couple better clubs where we wont get treated this way.

was definitely one of the first times in my life ive encountered such activity, but its happened a couple times since when we go out as a team, even at home inbrandon, mb. I will say however, that in edmonton, every club we went to was more than happy to let us in.

as for the original thread topic, i'm from vancouver, and completely agree with cam:

In Vancouver, the 'gangsters' wear what I refer to as the Vancouver tuxedo: Ed Hardy hat, Christian Audigier shirt, True Religion jeans, and a Gucci waist bag across their chest. I could honestly go through my Facebook and pull up at least 50 pictures of the aforementioned. It's an epidemic out here.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

This is old news. And most of these clubs that had to enforce these bans were crap to begin with (just look at the clientele...).

In Vancouver, the 'gangsters' wear what I refer to as the Vancouver tuxedo: Ed Hardy hat, Christian Audigier shirt, True Religion jeans, and a Gucci waist bag across their chest. I could honestly go through my Facebook and pull up at least 50 pictures of the aforementioned. It's an epidemic out here.
aczdqb.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wait so what kind of people wear this in vancouver? minorities? or just d-bags in general? im confused. vancouver, still a dope city by the way
laugh.gif

although I do not wear ANYTHING close to those brands, I think the banishment of brands from clubs/bars in general is kinda dumb

Im in vancouver, this rule is money
pimp.gif

It is worn by mainly d-bags, young kids, and frail dudes thinking thier hardbody

around here u cannot wear plain tee shirts at all, even if they are small as hell, and you cannot have cuts in ur jeans, you cannot wear timberlands or nikeboots, and alot of places dont let you in without a collar shirt
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

man, in columbus, bars are starting to say "no flat bill baseball caps"

they might as well say "no melanin"

indifferent.gif
@ no flat bill baseball caps

^oh ya i forgot about that, you cant wear hats / skullys/ du rags at the bars around here either, unless your there before they start charging a cover,
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom