Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

Also, I got shook before the damn thing even got rolling tonight. :frown:
52E4A898-31BF-4821-AFC4-F6401DAD0B51.jpeg

looks like the Pegasus 1992
nike-air-pegasus-92-olympic.jpg

971.png
P0.jpg
Damn, I think I mixed up my memory, I’m getting old LOL. Think you’re right. In one of the Jordan videos they put out back then that I’ve seen 100 times and own, there’s shots of him walking down the street looking up at the giant billboard of himself and then walking around the Coliseum where you can see the shoes. My memory first said Huaraches and then 180s.

Referencing the part where they talked about how you wouldn’t want to be like Mike and then showing all the crowds constantly surrounding him.

From the time he showed up at the stadium being swarmed by fans and cameras/reporters, then get ready to play, play your heart out, then trying to get to the locker room and being swarmed, then shower, do more media, then leave the stadium being swarmed, then back to the hotel, being swarmed, then up to his room and whatta know, more cameras filming a documentary.

I just can’t imagine having constant attention like that and never having any real time to yourself. Try to vacation to get away ? You couldn’t because no matter what part of the entire globe he decides to go to someone is going to recognize him and then once again swarmed ! Fans can be tough and not understand exactly what it’s like to lead a life like that when everyone expects something from him.

Very random question, but does anyone remember or have a pic of Pippen wearing the Foamposite Pro Pearl I believe for a couple of games around this time? Unless I'm just imagining things I remember seeing an in game pic many years ago but haven't since. Also the rumored neon red Foamposite 1 PE for Pippen, does a pic even exist?

Definitely remember it as I went out to look for that pair that year. Went to the Richard's Sporting Goods in the Northeast (Philly) outside of Franklin Mills and while they didn't have any left, they actually had one pair or Foamposite One (the Penny OG) still. And being an old shoe, it was discounted very good for me. So I definitely saw them.

Referencing the part where they talked about how you wouldn’t want to be like Mike and then showing all the crowds constantly surrounding him.

From the time he showed up at the stadium being swarmed by fans and cameras/reporters, then get ready to play, play your heart out, then trying to get to the locker room and being swarmed, then shower, do more media, then leave the stadium being swarmed, then back to the hotel, being swarmed, then up to his room and whatta know, more cameras filming a documentary.

I just can’t imagine having constant attention like that and never having any real time to yourself. Try to vacation to get away ? You couldn’t because no matter what part of the entire globe he decides to go to someone is going to recognize him and then once again swarmed ! Fans can be tough and not understand exactly what it’s like to lead a life like that when everyone expects something from him.
I remember when AIR TIME came out and he talked about constantly being in the public eye. That was in 93. I am sure that tripled in the next several years. I liked how he addressed some of the personal stuff that was always written about him. He got a lot of flak for the gambling, the republican buys shoes too comment etc. And yeah your still gonna have the same people that will always doubt his motives back then.
He said he simply wanted to be a basketball player. The expectations he had were something none of us could ever imagine. Which comes down to the point he made that no matter what he did or didnt do, there was always someone thats gonna find a problem with it.
I do know he never liked signing autographs. It was because he personally never saw a value in his name on a piece of paper. Obviously he knows otherwise but I remember that was his personal opinion. I think we all at times have thought it would be great to have that attention of everyone wanting to be around you. But I sure over time even that would get old.

Damn, I think I mixed up my memory, I’m getting old LOL. Think you’re right. In one of the Jordan videos they put out back then that I’ve seen 100 times and own, there’s shots of him walking down the street looking up at the giant billboard of himself and then walking around the Coliseum where you can see the shoes. My memory first said Huaraches and then 180s.

same here. i always thought it was the huaraches or 180s but it didnt look like either of them when i was watching the last dance last night. now that i think about it, didnt he wear the 180s in a promotional shoot with the olympic rings?

same here. i always thought it was the huaraches or 180s but it didnt look like either of them when i was watching the last dance last night. now that i think about it, didnt he wear the 180s in a promotional shoot with the olympic rings?
Sort of. He randomly wore US-colorway Air Force 5s in the SI rings shoot, and white/gold 180s in another shoot where he was photographed jumping and posing in the air in his Olympic uniform. He wore purple punch Huaraches at the championship celebration/parade in '92 (unless it was '91). I don't have time right now to go digging for the images but they're out there.

The Kobe spot got me a little. The mention of his 5 rings dont happen unless MJ. The ultimate respect from someone that does deserve a seat at that table.

I really hope they hit in detail of the Pacers vs Bulls series. That was the real NBA Finals that year. imo.

I hope they have full game replay in better shape than the YouTube vids of the game. Idk if anyone has noticed but espn app has full game replays of some of the games they reference in the show.

I’m sorry but the playoffs are the best XIII. Actually it’s the flints then the playoffs then hgg then red/white then blk/reds.

Back
Top Bottom