Brahs The handle on my car door broke off vol. poor

The handle on the driver side of my Camry snapped off, y'all think Super glue may fix it? Its not the entire handle that broke just the exterior part that provides grip so you can lift. Would a shop even be able to repair that? I`d assume they'd have to replace the entire unit correct?
Feels Batman
frown.gif

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

you could probably go to a junk yard and get a handle or something.

The entire handle didn't come off just half of the part that lifts. They may have only that part? Id assume replacing that unit would be easier, or would the entire unit require a new key?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

The entire handle didn't come off just half of the part that lifts. They may have only that part? Id assume replacing that unit would be easier, or would the entire unit require a new key?
I'm not entirely sure, but you could buy any part at a junk yard, ANY part.

Lol, my schedule sucks though, I`m at work when they are open,  so I find the part and go to a mechanic or a body shop?

Had my interior door handle fall off on my old lexus sc400 a while ago, cost a couple hundred to get it replaced by my mechanic. Probably something I could/should have done myself..

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Had my interior door handle fall off on my old lexus sc400 a while ago, cost a couple hundred to get it replaced by my mechanic. Probably something I could/should have done myself..

I found the door panel on Ebay for 24 bucks
%24(KGrHqMOKkUE5VPwybutBOVuM8iqwQ~~60_3.JPG

Cant really find any instructions on how to change it, and I`m too lazy to change it, I assume the mechanic won't trip if I have my own part correct?

Lol, my schedule sucks though, I`m at work when they are open,  so I find the part and go to a mechanic or a body shop?
It's probably better to buy something like this brand new anyway. Try eBay. (Should cost less than $30) then visit youtube for some footage on how to install it.
I've been wanting to ask this every time you make a new thread...do you not have any older males or any males in your life that you could discuss these things with?

When I was younger I made sure I watched my Dad,grandfather,uncles and friend fix stuff and I used to always pick their brain you seemed to have missed out on this. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Executive76

It's probably better to buy something like this brand new anyway. Try eBay. (Should cost less than $30) then visit youtube for some footage on how to install it.
I've been wanting to ask this every time you make a new thread...do you not have any older males or any males in your life that you could discuss these things with?

When I was younger I made sure I watched my Dad,grandfather,uncles and friend fix stuff and I used to always pick their brain you seemed to have missed out on this. 
ohwell.gif
The answer is no.

Cant really find any instructions on how to change it, and I`m too lazy to change it, I assume the mechanic won't trip if I have my own part correct?

To get to the handle on the inside you have to pull off the door panel on the inside of the car.  After that it should be pretty straightforward.

^Thats pretty cheap being that it'll be shipped to you, if you dont have a u-pull it that'll prob be the best bet.  The good thing about a u-pull is if u manage to go is that you'll be able to tinker with it before messing with your car.  And if your real slick you can prob walk out with the handle tucked under a jacket or something.

Originally Posted by cguy610

To get to the handle on the inside you have to pull off the door panel on the inside of the car.  After that it should be pretty straightforward.
its the exterior drivers side, idk I doubt I wanna mess with it.
And to dude that said go to the dealer, its a 97 toyota, wouldn't the toyota dealer be more expensive than getting the part and going to a private mechanic?

Originally Posted by cguy610

its the exterior drivers side, idk I doubt I wanna mess with it.
And to dude that said go to the dealer, its a 97 toyota, wouldn't the toyota dealer be more expensive than getting the part and going to a private mechanic?
I know it's the exterior drivers side.  Just pull off the door panel on the inside of the car, then you can get to where the handle bolts in. 

I used to have a 2000 mustang and the door handle came completely off on the drivers side.  I took off the door panel and screwed the handle back in.  Took about 10 minutes. 

Back
Top Bottom