Braces as an adult

What do you guys think about getting braces after the age of 18? When I was a kid I didn't really need them but now that I'm 22, I have an overbite and some crooked teeth. I cant afford those braces that they put behind your teeth so no one sees them and the dentist said Invisalign isn't suitable for my case, so I'm thinking of getting clear braces or the ones that match your teeth.

Does it look stupid when an adult is wearing braces?

you better get them asap. Are you sure invisalign wouldnt work? get a second opinion

Does look kinda stupid :lol:

But its even less appealing to have a messed up grill so bite the bullet and get the clear braces or whatever is better for you.

Don't get clear braces, they have to stay on longer than just regular metal ones and they look disgusting when they get dirty and don't match the color of your teeth. And 1.5-2 years of sacrifice is definitely worth it to have straight teeth. My grandfather has braces, my girlfriends aunt had braces, so you won't be in the minority.

Last edited:
One of my friends had them. He had them for only about eight months and says it was worth it. But yes get them ASAP.

I'm in the same boat but I'm just gonna get a grill to cover em up instead. :pimp:

NOT SRS

Having them for a few years > crooked teeth for the rest of your life.

Was talking to a chick at a bar the other day. She seemed cool but then she smiled at something i said and her teeth was a mess :x

I'm in the same boat but I'm just gonna get a grill to cover em up instead.
pimp.gif

NOT SRS
laugh.gif

Yea I was thinking everything in this thread. I love women with a nice smile/teeth so I assume they are the same way with us.

I cant get Invisalign cause the doctor said it wont correct certain teeth that are crooked :smh:

I should just go with the ones that match my teeth then right?

Last edited:
Yeah, do it. You don't want to be sitting around at 30 thinking about how you should have gotten braces at 22. I'm in the same boat, about to get them at 21

Girls with braces
embarassed.gif

But do it man, better to catch it now than to have it be an even worse issue later.

Straight Teeth= Yambs
Do it

so true, I had braces in HS for a year, got them off, broke my top retainer, got 1 or 2 replacements, 4 years later the top shifted a lot and looked slightly crooked. I got em back on just the top last feb, I should be getting them off in either feb or march latest. plus i'm getting a permanent bonded retainer on the top so both top n bottom will be permanent 8)

my game has seriously suffered, not too much but significantly :\

i got em on when I was 22, turned 23 in november :smokin

Last edited:
Do it! I was too broke as a college student at age 20. Time passed by, and before I knew it, my wedding was coming up, I was 28yrs old. I went with a new technology, and had everything done in under 6 months. Super happy I did it. The technology is called http://www.suresmile.com/ .

I'm 18 and want to get braces. My parents always told me I would get them but they never came through so I'm gonna have to save up and get them myself but its definetly a good investment. I hope to get them sometime within the next few years :pimp:

Better than getting teeth pulled man :frown:

I got a molar removed because 3/4ths of it was broken off. Dude shoved the needle in my tooth 4 times without prenumbing. Hurt like a *****. But after it got pulled I'd say it was a relief. Good to eat on both sides of my mouth :smile:

Anyway, braces shouldn't be bad as an adult. It's like awkwardness, it's only weird if you make it weird

Yeah it looks dumb as hell imo and it's pretty unattractive on girls to me (don't know how most females feel about it on men) but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want straight teeth OP.

Clue me in cuz I don't understand how going in to adulthood your teeth could become crooked? I always thought after your baby teeth fell out teeth being crooked was dependent on how your new teeth would grow in and then after that you wouldn't have to worry about it cuz essentially that's your teeth for the rest of your life.

Last edited:
He could be 13 and from like Venezuela so going into adulthood would mean he's just getting all his adult teeth

Better than getting teeth pulled man :frown:
I got a molar removed because 3/4ths of it was broken off. Dude shoved the needle in my tooth 4 times without prenumbing. Hurt like a *****. But after it got pulled I'd say it was a relief. Good to eat on both sides of my mouth :smile:
Anyway, braces shouldn't be bad as an adult. It's like awkwardness, it's only weird if you make it weird

:x I would have got out that chair as soon as he got the needle without numbing me. I dont know how you did it :lol:

That suresmile technology is crazy, but I couldnt find any location near me :smh:

Invisalign usually costs around $5000-6000 compared to braces which are like $4000. The ones they put behind your teeth are close to $11000 which is pretty ridiculous for the average person

Yeah it looks dumb as hell imo and it's pretty unattractive on girls to me but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want straight teeth OP.
Clue me in cuz I don't understand how going in to adulthood your teeth could become crooked? I always thought after your baby teeth fell out teeth being crooked was dependent on how your new teeth would grow in and then after that you wouldn't have to worry about it cuz essentially that's your teeth for the rest of your life.

I think my two of my teeth were slightly crooked after my baby teeth fell out, but I never gave it much thought back then cause it was only two teeth.

And I'm not from Venezuela :rofl:

Last edited:
I was 27 when I got my braces. Luckily I only needed to wear them for two years, then after that the retainer 24/7 for about 1 year. Now, just need to wear my retainer when I sleep.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom