BP has been Photoshopping Images

laugh.gif

like everyone is gonna boycott bp...

i never go there anyway because of their prices but this is just dumb...

somebody is gonna be so focused on boycotting they gone run out of gas on some dumb +!%!...

They actually had an article from my semi local newspaper saying that people aren't buying from BP gas stations, but they still should because a lot of them are locally owned, and the only thing they really have to do with bp is that they just get gas from them, but they still need to make a living from the investment they made in owning a gas station.

I know you gotta have some money when owning a decent sized gas station, but at least here in Iowa, there are a lot of local people in the community that do own them. I'm sure it might be different throughout the US.

Now what I would really like to see is that in the past you always read about oil companies post record numbers in profit, that none of the higher ups in the company see a single penny in a bonus, raise, etc. Put all those record profits in the cleanup effort, and to the people who are actually out there sacrificing to clean this mess up. Those local people that lost their jobs to this horrible disaster should get paid generously.

Will that happen...? Doubt it....

They actually had an article from my semi local newspaper saying that people aren't buying from BP gas stations, but they still should because a lot of them are locally owned, and the only thing they really have to do with bp is that they just get gas from them, but they still need to make a living from the investment they made in owning a gas station.

I know you gotta have some money when owning a decent sized gas station, but at least here in Iowa, there are a lot of local people in the community that do own them. I'm sure it might be different throughout the US.

Now what I would really like to see is that in the past you always read about oil companies post record numbers in profit, that none of the higher ups in the company see a single penny in a bonus, raise, etc. Put all those record profits in the cleanup effort, and to the people who are actually out there sacrificing to clean this mess up. Those local people that lost their jobs to this horrible disaster should get paid generously.

Will that happen...? Doubt it....

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by cguy610

Have any of you NT'ERS stop pumping BP gas? Cause i'll drive some where else for gas.

BP is really the only place I get gas.

Buy up that BP gas, they need to pay for the cleanup.   The more money they make, the bigger the government fines.  Not that it really works that way but I'm sure the government says, "hmm, you can afford to pay 10 billion in dividends last year, you can afford to pay a little more for cleanup"
omgitswes, why not go some where else. They doctored photos, and they haven't taken full responsibility of the incident. They destroyed environments with in the gulf? So please can you answer my question why do you still pump BP gas and not just because its convenient? 

well that's the answer I pass it on my way to work or wherever else I go, and it lasts longer than Kroger gas which I'm convinced is mostly water.
anyway not getting gas from BP will not hurt them at all, they have their hands dipped in so many other things that you're still supporting them wether you realize it or not.
CNN did a report on it recently, and basically said you're hurting whoever owns that station. not BP

Didn't read that report, do you mind linking it to me? I really don't care the guy attendant who pumps gas or own the gas station, he's associated with BP. If my self-boycott with BP doesn't hurt there pockets well let it be. I'm sure other gas companies buy barrels from BP since BP is a major outsource of petroleum. My whole family and some of my friends don't buy BP gas i don't convince them, they just feel its the right thing to do no matter if it hurts the little guy or the Big gas company.

no problem. link now that isn't exactly what I saw because I was watching it on TV one morning. but it's pretty much the same thing and the videos on the side.
The owners had nothing to do with the spill and you're putting their livelihood at risk

Have any of you NT'ERS stop pumping BP gas? Cause i'll drive some where else for gas.

Buy up that BP gas, they need to pay for the cleanup.   The more money they make, the bigger the government fines.  Not that it really works that way but I'm sure the government says, "hmm, you can afford to pay 10 billion in dividends last year, you can afford to pay a little more for cleanup"
omgitswes, why not go some where else. They doctored photos, and they haven't taken full responsibility of the incident. They destroyed environments with in the gulf? So please can you answer my question why do you still pump BP gas and not just because its convenient? 

well that's the answer I pass it on my way to work or wherever else I go, and it lasts longer than Kroger gas which I'm convinced is mostly water.
anyway not getting gas from BP will not hurt them at all, they have their hands dipped in so many other things that you're still supporting them wether you realize it or not.
CNN did a report on it recently, and basically said you're hurting whoever owns that station. not BP

Didn't read that report, do you mind linking it to me? I really don't care the guy attendant who pumps gas or own the gas station, he's associated with BP. If my self-boycott with BP doesn't hurt there pockets well let it be. I'm sure other gas companies buy barrels from BP since BP is a major outsource of petroleum. My whole family and some of my friends don't buy BP gas i don't convince them, they just feel its the right thing to do no matter if it hurts the little guy or the Big gas company.

no problem. link now that isn't exactly what I saw because I was watching it on TV one morning. but it's pretty much the same thing and the videos on the side.
The owners had nothing to do with the spill and you're putting their livelihood at risk

laugh.gif
saw this on the news the other day. It's unfortunate that the only way to really fix it is to continue buying gas from them. The ocean is vast but this is just making the water near the states more murky than it already is.

laugh.gif
saw this on the news the other day. It's unfortunate that the only way to really fix it is to continue buying gas from them. The ocean is vast but this is just making the water near the states more murky than it already is.

Just read and watch the whole article. What I've pulled out from it is that some people are targeting the "Image" of BP, the logo. I'm in that cluster of people as well. I feel what I'm doing is right even if other gas companies outsoure gas from BP. The BP logo will will be a stigma in my eyes and associated with environment disaster.

Just read and watch the whole article. What I've pulled out from it is that some people are targeting the "Image" of BP, the logo. I'm in that cluster of people as well. I feel what I'm doing is right even if other gas companies outsoure gas from BP. The BP logo will will be a stigma in my eyes and associated with environment disaster.

I work at my uncle's BP station, and honestly, the only person you hurt with a boycott is the station "owner". In reality they don't own anything, they just rent the station and get about 6 cents per gallon of what they pump, the majority of which goes to paying the attendant(s) and goes into the cost of running the business (electric, phones, water, alarm system, etc.)
The only reason most "owners" have stations is for the attached garages. If my uncle could find a decent garage he'd leave the gas business permanently. There is very little money in owning a gas station unless you do EVERY job yourself. My uncle puts in 13 hour days between fixing cars and pumping gas when I'm not there, and he's STILL going to lose his house.

So boycotting makes it almost impossible for the "owner" to pay his employees, which may end up driving your favorite mechanic out of town.

I work at my uncle's BP station, and honestly, the only person you hurt with a boycott is the station "owner". In reality they don't own anything, they just rent the station and get about 6 cents per gallon of what they pump, the majority of which goes to paying the attendant(s) and goes into the cost of running the business (electric, phones, water, alarm system, etc.)
The only reason most "owners" have stations is for the attached garages. If my uncle could find a decent garage he'd leave the gas business permanently. There is very little money in owning a gas station unless you do EVERY job yourself. My uncle puts in 13 hour days between fixing cars and pumping gas when I'm not there, and he's STILL going to lose his house.

So boycotting makes it almost impossible for the "owner" to pay his employees, which may end up driving your favorite mechanic out of town.

What if BP just changed their name? Only a few mothasuckas would even know its ran by the same exact people.

What if BP just changed their name? Only a few mothasuckas would even know its ran by the same exact people.

Back
Top Bottom