Bought a gift card from ebay seller outside of ebay - gift card NOT VALID! what can i do??

unfortunately we worked out something off ebay so does he have the upper hand??

i have a feeling i can't do much going through paypal since no ebay transaction is involved

Yea man its going to be hard since it was off of eBay. But open a dispute on paypal and or call them and ask them what can you do in this situation

This is EXACTLY why ebay says DO NOT do deals outside of the auctions. Stupidity ftl...

i know it's taking a risk but i put some trust in him based off his feedback and we haggled over the price a bit...if your intentions are to just take the money in run why haggle?

anyways, he emailed me the gift card number minus 4 digits
laugh.gif
...i think his wife told him the number 'cause she was the one home

i redeemed the card already...made my blood pressure rise for awhile
laugh.gif

i was about to go to the bank today to open a new account and transfer all my money in my checking account so it pulled the funds from my credit card instead
laugh.gif

that way i could file a charge back

everyone seems to only read my initial post

the gift card is valid...he just didn't give me the full gift card number on accident

i repeat, the gift card has been fully redeemed

Originally Posted by JONFARR

This is EXACTLY why ebay says DO NOT do deals outside of the auctions. Stupidity ftl...

pretty much... not gonna call you stupid though OP it happens to the best of us sometimes... now you know better next time homie... sorry.

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

everyone seems to only read my initial post

the gift card is valid...he just didn't give me the full gift card number on accident

i repeat, the gift card has been fully redeemed

Hahahahah, does nobody read every post here?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom