BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

No I don't have experience with those models. I do with the 2012 raptors, 2012 olympic,  2015 French Blues, 2015 Hares and Bordeaux and the crappiest vii of them all the orions lmao. I get what you're saying but I think the hares were much better quality than the other vii's i've had and I think the bordeaux were pretty good as well. TBH there was a guy in the thread literally saying he expected perfection tho I know that's not everyone's MO. 

My main gripe is that if a company approves an article that implies each production step must pass inspection before proceeding to the next, I shouldn't be receiving a shoe that has worse craftsmanship than the three pairs I bought in 2011. Regression for a higher price is completely backwards. I can deal with certain flaws such as glue stains, but mine could pass as fakes with these flat spots all over the front of the toe boxes.

passed on these '15s and bordeauxs are some of my all time favorite jays. '11s EASILY trump '15s. shape and materials on the '15s are terrible. they feel so flimsy. the addition of green on the tongue was not even close to being enough to make these acceptable and neither was the midsole color change. i was looking for any good reason to cop, but i couldn't find one.

Yeah I don't trust those who always have to bring up the OG comparisons. You ALMOST NEVER hear a bad word about the OGs. You would think they were made by the pope or something. "Thou shalt not disgrace thy OG"

They weren't made by the pope, but they were worn by Michael Jordan, and that's good enough for me..and for others , to have retros as close to the exact pair MJ had. That's what OGs want..OG retros..but nowadays..it's more about fashion..and OGs are just considered old heads..but that's fine..the retros more than anything, kinda helps connect the two different generations

I'm still shocked people act like shoes shouldn't crease when they're worn........

It's a shoe. Wear it like it's supposed to be worn.

If you want a flawless piece of material and rubber, put your Jordans in an air locked time capsule and burry them so they stay in mint condition.....Its as if you guys worship these things.

With that said, it's your money. As for me, I used to play basketball in Jordans like 20 years ago so I don't treat them like they're a new born baby. Play basketball in them one time and they will have marks on them from the court. Small creases around the toe is nothing.

No I don't have experience with those models. I do with the 2012 raptors, 2012 olympic,  2015 French Blues, 2015 Hares and Bordeaux and the crappiest vii of them all the orions lmao. I get what you're saying but I think the hares were much better quality than the other vii's i've had and I think the bordeaux were pretty good as well. TBH there was a guy in the thread literally saying he expected perfection tho I know that's not everyone's MO. 

My main gripe is that if a company approves an article that implies each production step must pass inspection before proceeding to the next, I shouldn't be receiving a shoe that has worse craftsmanship than the three pairs I bought in 2011. Regression for a higher price is completely backwards. I can deal with certain flaws such as glue stains, but mine could pass as fakes with these flat spots all over the front of the toe boxes.

barkley-sleep.gif

L3NBoRl.gif

the suede is softer on the 2011s but i still prefer the 2015 better... i actually like the midsole better on the 2015 and the shape overall looks better

shouldn't sit here and say the shape was better on the 2012 when everyone before the remastered stuff about the retro shape not being close to the og tho
the shoes are fine, you wanna talk about creases? I'll post the pics of my Baron 9s fresh from Nike online

Last edited by a moderator:
shouldn't sit here and say the shape was better on the 2012 when everyone before the remastered stuff *****ed about the retro shape not being close to the og tho
the shoes are fine, you wanna talk about creases? I'll post the pics of my Baron 9s fresh from Nike online
i mean i dont see what there is to complain about as far overall shape goes aside from that weird toe bump on the 2015. unless the exact shape of the OG was crucial to the way they fit and performed and how comfortable they are. maybe some of the OG purists can enlighten me?

shouldn't sit here and say the shape was better on the 2012 when everyone before the remastered stuff about the retro shape not being close to the og tho

I'm not sure that that the 7 was the shape culprit as much as the 4 and 11. That banana shape doe :lol:

I'm not sure that that the 7 was the shape culprit as much as the 4 and 11. That banana shape doe :lol:
damn yea, that's why I don't have a 4 yet really. they just look weird. think people complain about 6s too right?

7s I can deal wit since I have a lot of the 6s from last year anyway

It unfortunately looks like JB made a permanent change to the shape of all future 7s.  Looks like bubble toe box is here to stay.

These Marvins are also arguably the worst colorway this year.

You can't judge the comfort of the 2015s straight out of the box. These take some time to break in. Once they break in you will feel a difference. At least I did.

It seems like JB figured out how to narrow the toebox with the wider base of the neoprene sock - but couldn't figure out how to make it flush without the bump. Very odd, but that's one of the good things about this 'remastered' 7.

Back
Top Bottom