Bonzi Wells signed..... for 40 g's.... by a chinese team.

was wondering where the hell this dude was. Bonzi still has game... wonder why nba teams refuse to sign him.

http://slamonline.com/onl...s-signs-to-play-in-china/
Xinhua, China's official governmental press agency, is reporting that Bonzi Wells signed a one-year contract worth roughly $40,000 to play for Shanxi Zhongyu of the Chinese Basketball Association.

You must be desperate for some burn + cash if you're willing to play for only 40 g's. I can make more than that working at a restaurant
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Good luck to Bonzi.

I'm surprised he couldn't get more than that..don't overseas teams pay big $ for players that have had NBA experience even if it was only a littleexperience?

This really doesn't make any sense to me.

Why isn't he playing in the league? Was he banned from the NBA or something? It seems like he just disappeared and there's been no mention of him atall this season.

And then to go overseas and only play for 40k? Something isn't right?

Sad. He was hopin' he'd score a huge pay day, after that monster playoff series against the Spurs in 2006.

Something doesn't seem right. Bonzi could easily play in the NBA, hell he could probably start or be the 6th man on some teams.

People probably just don't wanna deal with him. It just so happens all teams didn't want to deal with him all at once. He can still probably make ateam if they pay attention to him.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

You must be desperate for some burn + cash if you're willing to play for only 40 g's. I can make more than that working at a restaurant

suuuuuuure.

i bet he will be back around the league come playoff time.

It's not all about money. Geez who know he could just exploring the market right now and enjoying some authentic chinese foods
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I bet he's regretting turning down that $36M offer from the Kings a few years back...

hes still a moron for that, played well and was about to get paid but though he was worth more.
smh.gif

Looks like he's been blacklisted or something...

You can't tell me people like Kevin Ollie are still getting PT and Bonzi Wells isn't even in the league.

Bonzi bought everybody at the bar Goose shots last time I saw him at a party at Ball State for their homecoming. Cool dude.

laugh.gif
Yo, he played with one of the best teams in the NBA last season (Hornets), and gave them quality production. And to go from that, to this? Wow. From thepenthouse, to the outhouse.

he's probably getting waaaaaaaaay more then that in endorsements over there.

I was just wondering with this cat has been the other day too. Go figure

must have had a bet with yao and lost. it could have been yao playing for 40 gs.

Man, I remember the days back when he played with the Jail Blazers with Sheed, Zach Randolph, Damon Stoudamire, Ruben Patterson...those were the days lol.

Back
Top Bottom