Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by air max 87

i dont think its Van Alden messin with the mail, maybe Jimmy never sent it or it just takes awhile, remember it is the 20s...
Maybe your right. But the thing about this show is that they plant seeds in every episode, little things you see the other side out until later. The writers would not show Jimmy sending his wife money unless it has some future importance. Another theory is that the money has not reached yet, and when it does the Fed will see the post marking (or be able to track it back to Chicago) and know where Jimmy is. 

i dont think its Van Alden messin with the mail, maybe Jimmy never sent it or it just takes awhile, remember it is the 20s...
Maybe your right. But the thing about this show is that they plant seeds in every episode, little things you see the other side out until later. The writers would not show Jimmy sending his wife money unless it has some future importance. Another theory is that the money has not reached yet, and when it does the Fed will see the post marking (or be able to track it back to Chicago) and know where Jimmy is. 

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I must've missed that scene, I gotta check that out.

It doesn't sound too far fetched
laugh.gif

I remember laughing at that scene because his boss sent him on a break to see his wife and the only thing that's said is "good steak" at the dinner table I think
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I remember laughing at that scene because his boss sent him on a break to see his wife and the only thing that's said is "good steak" at the dinner table I think
laugh.gif

It would make sense that he's the reason Angela hasn't been getting the letters. I can't think of what else it could be...

Im thinking there can also be the possibility that Jimmy's moms is intercepting that mail as she's there at times and already knows what it is.

There's 2 scenes @ Van Alden's crib where they just sit and eat, mad dull & dry, which kinda explains why he does what he does.
Of course it's a different situation...but I'm talking about the contrast between the two women in how they are both treated and viewed by Nucky. On top of it all, one is respected and the other isn't. It's been evident since the whole "League of Nations' joke and so forth....for as slick as the JO speaks to Margaret, she doesn't know her place and has caught feelings for Nucky. Because of this, I think there's going to be an epic blowup between the two women....

Margaret already put her in her place in the dressing room, and I believe thats the thing Nuck likes about her. She aint all about what in between her legs.
She has some brains on her & reminds him of his wife, where as they JO doesnt have much to offer but "brains." Smh @ busting in the room to interrupt on some dumb iish.

It would make sense that he's the reason Angela hasn't been getting the letters. I can't think of what else it could be...

Im thinking there can also be the possibility that Jimmy's moms is intercepting that mail as she's there at times and already knows what it is.

There's 2 scenes @ Van Alden's crib where they just sit and eat, mad dull & dry, which kinda explains why he does what he does.
Of course it's a different situation...but I'm talking about the contrast between the two women in how they are both treated and viewed by Nucky. On top of it all, one is respected and the other isn't. It's been evident since the whole "League of Nations' joke and so forth....for as slick as the JO speaks to Margaret, she doesn't know her place and has caught feelings for Nucky. Because of this, I think there's going to be an epic blowup between the two women....

Margaret already put her in her place in the dressing room, and I believe thats the thing Nuck likes about her. She aint all about what in between her legs.
She has some brains on her & reminds him of his wife, where as they JO doesnt have much to offer but "brains." Smh @ busting in the room to interrupt on some dumb iish.

Just saw the last episode. Awesome, just as others have said. Just one great scene after another -- Chalky/Lansky, the lesbian reveal (which was pretty hot, by the way), the sniping, Nucky burning the house down.

I wonder if Gillian has some idea about Jimmy's baby momma switch hitting?. I was thinking back to when Gillian offered to raise Jimmy's son and said something about the mom being "bohemian," and letting her be "free." The words she used makes me thing she has a sense of what's going on and was trying to help the BM
Spoiler [+]
out. I don't think Jimmy would take it too well if he ever found out, especially since he seems to be getting more gangster by the episode.

Just saw the last episode. Awesome, just as others have said. Just one great scene after another -- Chalky/Lansky, the lesbian reveal (which was pretty hot, by the way), the sniping, Nucky burning the house down.

I wonder if Gillian has some idea about Jimmy's baby momma switch hitting?. I was thinking back to when Gillian offered to raise Jimmy's son and said something about the mom being "bohemian," and letting her be "free." The words she used makes me thing she has a sense of what's going on and was trying to help the BM
Spoiler [+]
out. I don't think Jimmy would take it too well if he ever found out, especially since he seems to be getting more gangster by the episode.

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nah he it was "the roast taste good" and homeboy was still in his full suit, sitting up straight as +$@@. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Even when he wrote his wife a letter the only thing dude really told her is to remember to run the water so the pipes don't crack
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nah he it was "the roast taste good" and homeboy was still in his full suit, sitting up straight as +$@@. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Even when he wrote his wife a letter the only thing dude really told her is to remember to run the water so the pipes don't crack
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

well it seems in the next episode jimmy shows up in AC, so maybe the next episode Jimmy shows up in AC just as his letter arrives, Van Alden goes to Chi to pick up Jimmy and Capone and they already dipped to AC....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

well it seems in the next episode jimmy shows up in AC, so maybe the next episode Jimmy shows up in AC just as his letter arrives, Van Alden goes to Chi to pick up Jimmy and Capone and they already dipped to AC....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Another good episode. Not as good as the last one but still had me glued to the tv.
Agreed. Although I did like all of the political stuff in this one. Added a layer of complexity to the show beyond the gangster stuff. Love that Nucky is making moves to influence who the president and VP are going to be. Also interesting to see past plot lines get picked up in this one -- like Gillian giving Jimmy the intel on Luciano. And, as always, Van Alden is one weird dude. Stuff is only going to heat up going forward, with Jimmy back in AC.

Back
Top Bottom