BMW X5 M vs. ML 63 AMG vs. Range Rover Supercharged

In all honesty though... Give me this and I'm straight:

cad_esc_esv_2010_10CAES06741R_lrg.jpg

Most of you are seriously bugged.  There's no way I'm taking any suv over the X5 M.  555 Hp, twin turbo, stop playin'.  
On a side note I'm surprised op didn't list the Cayenne Turbo S.

Most of you are seriously bugged.  There's no way I'm taking any suv over the X5 M.  555 Hp, twin turbo, stop playin'.  

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

Most of you are seriously bugged.  There's no way I'm taking any suv over the X5 M. 555 Hp, twin turbo, stop playin'.

ride comfort doesn't sound too great

I had a brand new RR for 3 years that I eventually gave to my wife, had a lot of problems, Id never get a range again...

I have a G55 AMG as my second car, I drive it about 3x a week, have had it almost 2 years and never has been in the shop once....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

I had a brand new RR for 3 years that I eventually gave to my wife, had a lot of problems, Id never get a range again...

I have a G55 AMG as my second car, I drive it about 3x a week, have had it almost 2 years and never has been in the shop once....
From Wikipedia:

[h2]Quality[/h2]
  • Land Rover marque ranked last on the US J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Survey for 2005 (published 8 July 2005) (Kia second last). This is the fourth year that it has been in the last or second to last place in the survey. This study was based on responses from more than 55,000 US based original owners of 2000 model year cars and light trucks at three years of ownership.[sup][31][/sup] In 2004, it narrowly dethroned Kia as the least reliable nameplate, but swapped places in 2005. (Kia last, Land Rover 2nd last).
  • In August 2006, Land Rover was rated in last place in the J.D. Power US reliability survey, which looked at three year ownership experience for 2003 model year cars.[sup][32][/sup] Land Rover acknowledged the problems and attributed them to electrical issues following the change from BMW to Jaguar supplied engines.
  • Tied for last (with Hummer and Porsche) in the 2006 Consumer Reports (US) car reliability survey. It was only one of six makes that did not have a model whose reliability was "Good" or above (joined by Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen and Jaguar); its highest-rating car was the LR3, which got a rating of "Poor". In addition, 56 percent of people who owned a 2003 Range Rover reported problems, as did 61 percent of 2002 Freelander owners—both the highest among all cars for that model year.
  • Ranked second-to-last in the 2007 Consumer Reports (US) car reliability survey. (Mercedes-Benz took the bottom place.) In the same survey, the LR3/Discovery with a V8 engine was ranked the second least reliable SUV in the midsized category. (The 2006 model year M-class of Mercedes-Benz took the last place in that category.)
    • It also was ranked as one of the 3 least reliable over the last 10 years in 2007.[sup][33][/sup]
  • Land Rover Discovery 6th-from-the-bottom of 100 models for reliability in an Auto Express 2002 survey in the UK.
[h2][edit][/h2]
[h2] [/h2]
For a car that will end up costing most people (with obvious/necessary upgrades) $80,000+ THIS is the sort of quality you get? ...I'll PASS.

yeah RR is terrible in maintence... i'd take the X5m..... the ML 63 is nice though.

Cayenne >

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i have no idea why i like this thing
27122_82745.jpg

i want one so bad

x6, g wagon, and cayennes are sooo boss

EDIT: ^^^ steve cash, i agree w you 100% mannnn

Trust me range rovers are a P.O.S. I had to work on one at work. Once the alternator goes out so will the whole cooling system.

Back
Top Bottom