BMW a good move?

What type of ****** up thinkin y'all on today?

The year/make/model has ZERO to do with what a person can afford, or in no way makes him a budget baller or "trying hard".

Only he knows if can truely afford it or not.

Dude at my barbershop owns a new vett.

He just recently went out and copped the bubble eye GS.

Why?

Because he likes that model > the newer ones.

Y'all worse then females :x

Wait what? :lol: geeze bro you jumped a whole gun

And yeah no one really knows what he can afford right? But being able to pay for something doesn't mean you can afford it. Same goes for your barber and whomever else.

You really think OP likes the '06 model better than the newer ones? :lol:

We aren't talking about a rare M3 from the 90s cuh :lol:

So yeah OP just save your money. Congrats on getting through school and focus on that. Get something much more practical if you have to and do it right for 8-10 years. Get everything in your life squared away and then roll up to the dealer and get the car you really want and earned straight cash :pimp:. Then hit the streets and put them thangs on em

I like the 05 Camry better than the next two gen

I like the rounder looking Altima and Maxima better than the boxy looking new gen

People who think everybody wants 2015 anything just because it's 2015 is silly

I like clean cars, low mileage, and a aux plug .. that's all I need to flourish :smoking

My plan is to save all my money this year. We're getting a raise so I should get in about 12-13k.

I'm gonna use about 10K as my downpayment. I'm not a baller so no BMW for me. I'm going for a new Corolla, which should be like 19k .

I'm actually in a similar situation as you since I smacked up my mustang a couple weeks ago. The good thing I was saving for an old school already so I have 10k plus in my car account already.

I used some of my money from the accident and just copped a 02 accord for now. I plan on copping a 370z this summer if I can.

This accident was low key a blessing though. I had been procrastinating on copping a daily driver for my Wisconsin winters and sure enough my first one back home and I basically totaled my whip.

Glad everything was paid for though and I walked out unharmed without owing a cent. I'm gonna most likely keep my accord no matter what and cop something sporty in the summer to flourish.

I like the rounder looking Altima and Maxima better than the boxy looking new gen

I like clean cars, low mileage, and a aux plug .. that's all I need to flourish :smoking

My 04 Camry LE doesn't have an aux plug, I'm still using the tape deck adapter :smh:

Just be sure to buy the extended warranty. I'm of the mind that you only live once. You know what you can or can't afford. Spend that extra 3-4 stacks for the warranty. It will be worth it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

My 04 Camry LE doesn't have an aux plug, I'm still using the tape deck adapter :smh:

:lol: nah when I copped my 05 Camry in 08 I made them install it for free

actually, if you actually want to impress the chicks OP, learn how to drive manual

Found a 93 rx7 turbo 90k miles. He wants 17k. What do?
I would say no. RX7 and their rotary motors rarely ever last. I've never personally had the opportunity to work on one, but this is what I've been told from other owners. Many of them need to have their motors rebuilt at some point in time or replaced once past 75k miles. Although I do love the classic styling of these 90's import sports cars, mainly rx7's, mr2's, and supras. 

5-7k, hell no. Get something else.

I got a 2005 530i for $11,800 from the BMW dealer this past July. 4 months later, I need repairs that are gonna cost me $3.5k if I go through the dealer... Don't forget oil leaks for days. The worst though, is that damn passenger airbag light.

If you can afford the maintenance, maybe. You say you have 2 jobs? What kind of jobs (I mean not that your jobs matter, but you gotta at least make a decent amount of money for the maintenance of these things.) I only went for it because my uncle is a mechanic. But forreal, $5-7k is only gonna get you something that needs work. And the worst that could go wrong? Everything.

Last edited:
NT is actually giving sensible advice for once :lol:

OP listen to us, we're all just trying to look out.

I wanted an E46 Bimmer and these guys on here talked some sense into me.

You know damn well it ain't. Don't worry about the worst, the best is still gonna hit your pocket. Find a used TSX to satisfy your luxury craving and call it a wrap.
This right here. I just bought an '04 Acura TSX 3 weeks ago for $6k. I had been looking for my first car since May and have been stacking up for 2 years.

actually, if you actually want to impress the chicks OP, learn how to drive manual
so much truth in this post :smokin

next car will probably be an Evo VIII or IX :nerd:

nice reading everybody's advice to OP. it will be the time for me to cop a new car in a matter of a few years. forget that baller ****. but i guess there's many on here who try to stunt

I'm in the same position

I wanna buy a 2004-2006 3 series

i'm working now to buy one.

i'm about to start grad school and I want it for grad school (i will not be driving around much, i'll be living on campus)

Go with Accord/Maxima/Camry bro. Just copped a 2011 Maxima myself. Love it so far. Copped a 4 years 48K Mile Full warranty too so if basically ANYTHING goes wrong I'm covered. That peace of mind is definitely worth it even though it was a little pricey. :smokin

That's obviously above your 6 or 7 k price range. But look for a 03-06 Camry/Accord/Maxima in the lowest mileage you can find and stack your bread.

My plan is to save all my money this year. We're getting a raise so I should get in about 12-13k.

I'm gonna use about 10K as my downpayment. I'm not a baller so no BMW for me. I'm going for a new Corolla, which should be like 19k .

How u get a raise and still only make 12k?

So, I've been seriously contemplating copping the new Lexus RC. Does that mean that's a bad idea, as well?

Back
Top Bottom