Blake Griffin??? Will not be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rolaholic

How was he not gonna be successful with the way he was beasting in college?

cant really go by that. theres tons of players that beasting or dominate but soon as they enter the L they dont do squat.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

never will happen because Blake is going to end up a Laker when hes rookie contract is up with the Clippers.
2u7v9fa.gif
And Laker fans wonder why people hate them.  
tired.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Blake Griffin's offensive game is gonna be too damn sick. He's already shown that he'll be able to hit that 17 foot jumper, drop in some baby hooks, and make good use of the glass. Now once that's refined, ugghhh...
pimp.gif

Plus, you know he'll go 110% every game.. Even the Clippers need some luck and love.. If dude can stay healthy, you guys are set for years to come..
If we can dethrone David Sterling somehow, I think we can find a way to convince Blake to stay in red/white/blue.

Blake and EJ??? ohhh meee ohhh myyyyyyyy.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I can't wait for the day Kobe retires and the Lakers fade into mediocrity like in the 90's
pimp.gif

But Laker mediocrity (getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs) would be considered an accomplishment for your Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers have made the finals in EVERY decade, so they won't stay ''mediocre'' for long.

As far as the original topic at hand, this is the most exciting Clippers team since they had Odom, Miles and Q-Rich.  Griffin is a beast.

Originally Posted by 81ackMamba

I can't wait for the day Kobe retires and the Lakers fade into mediocrity like in the 90's
pimp.gif

But Laker mediocrity (getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs) would be considered an accomplishment for your Golden State Warriors.
The Lakers have made the finals in EVERY decade, so they won't stay ''mediocre'' for long.

As far as the original topic at hand, this is the most exciting Clippers team since they had Odom, Miles and Q-Rich.  Griffin is a beast.
If you were a Dodger fan too, you probably wouldn't have those same thoughts.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

pimp.gif

I am a Dodger fan. 
embarassed.gif
frown.gif

But it's night and day as far as how each organization run.

BTW, 47 points off of turn around jumpers and bank shots? 
eek.gif

pimp.gif

I am a Dodger fan. 
embarassed.gif
frown.gif

But it's night and day as far as how each organization run.

BTW, 47 points off of turn around jumpers and bank shots? 
eek.gif
The Dodgers made the WS every decade until the 90s, when they were sold to owners who cared less about winning and more about money (twice, actually
frown.gif
)

When you consider that Dr. Buss told DTS to buy the Clippers, and that DTS has pimped the Los Angeles market out for hundreds of millions in value, it's not hard to fathom a situation where the Buss family sells the Lakers to an owner who realizes he's gonna get sell outs every game as long as he keeps a decent enough product (starting to sound like McCourt yet?).

Better hope the Buss family keeps the team when Dr. Buss passes on.

does he have a shoe deal? he really needs one!

him Wall & Durant are the "NEW" top tier faces of the NBA

Blake Griffin is something special.  Now if he can just find his way off of that wasteland of an organization it'll be great. 

I feel sad at the thought he'd be wasting his youth away on the Clippers
sick.gif

he only has 2yrs left on that contract. Well 1 and a player option to be exact.

then he better high tail it the #!#! on outta dodge
laugh.gif

Why would he leave though, he has a 22 year old Center who is going to be a damn good center soon enough along with an all-star guard?  I know its the Clippers & Sterling but that team is arguably set up better for the future better than any other teams that the Heat & OKC.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Why would he leave though, he has a 22 year old Center who is going to be a damn good center soon enough along with an all-star guard?  I know its the Clippers & Sterling but that team is arguably set up better for the future better than any other teams that the Heat & OKC.
Not really simply because the Heat and OKC front office are very good and will work to improve, you have faith in the Clips FO making another solid 4-5 moves to push them into the elite range?   I have BIG doubts on that. 

Player wise, yes, I agree that Jordan, Blake, Gordon is one helluva fit.  Agree completely there. 

It's the same thing every time. 

Sterling puts together a promising, cheap squad that gets the crowd hyped but then when their value goes up he lets them walk. 

The Clippers become garbage again and Sterling puts together a different group of promising cheap players. 

Waiting for P Mac to come back in here. 
laugh.gif

But I don't see Griffin and Gordon leaving for awhile. I think they'll end up signing short term extensions so they can seek free agency sooner and put pressure on the front office to make good moves.

Originally Posted by amel223

Sterling puts together a promising, cheap squad that gets the crowd hyped but then when their value goes up he lets them walk. 

The Clippers become garbage again and Sterling puts together a different group of promising cheap players. 

That statement is like the equivalent of the wave of people saying that Griffin can only dunk ... til they watch the games.

DTS kept Brand and Maggette the first time around, and then spent more than he's ever spent to go get Mobley and bring Cassell in. Then after those guys were done, he spent big $ on Baron and had big $ on the table to keep Brand.

The Davis-Brand-Kaman group that would be the core of the team now had Brand not gone back on his word wouldn't be cheap nor promising but rather veteran and expensive.

So is Sterling cheap, yes, is he going to let the best gift he's ever been given walk shortly after he has finally been convinced (coerced?) into spending a little bit? That's probably doubtful.

Either way, we'll have a good indicator for which way DTS is leaning this off-season based on how he deals with Gordon and Jordan especially because those two guys may be more important to keeping Griffin than anyone else.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Not really simply because the Heat and OKC front office are very good and will work to improve, you have faith in the Clips FO making another solid 4-5 moves to push them into the elite range?   I have BIG doubts on that. 

Player wise, yes, I agree that Jordan, Blake, Gordon is one helluva fit.  Agree completely there. 
Ownership wise, there are a lot of questions, but Neil Olshey has done a lot of good things since he took over for MDSr. as GM. Aminu has been very solid for a rookie, and Bledsoe looks like he'll be very good too. Also, the Clippers have Minnesota's first rounder unprotected next year from the Cassell trade
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, I understand that the "They're the Clippers" argument is going to be prevalent until they prove otherwise, but as someone who has been a close follower for 10+ years, this group seems to be in a much better position than either of the two other runs at being good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

bg4.jpg

SWAGGERLESS MONKEYS!!!

Willie gets no burn
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

Everyone wants to go in on Laker stans but the haters are equally as pathetic.

Blake is gonna be a great player (no I don't see him going to the Lakers
laugh.gif
) but the Clipps gotta make something happen or I see him leaving as soon as that contract's up. Keeping Gordon is a must.

Until Sterling has the big one or Stern just outright takes the team from him, the Clips will never be able to take that next step.

If Blake and EG knows what's good they'll get out as soon as they have a chance, preferably across the hallway
smile.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ownership wise, there are a lot of questions, but Neil Olshey has done a lot of good things since he took over for MDSr. as GM. Aminu has been very solid for a rookie, and Bledsoe looks like he'll be very good too. Also, the Clippers have Minnesota's first rounder unprotected next year from the Cassell trade
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, I understand that the "They're the Clippers" argument is going to be prevalent until they prove otherwise, but as someone who has been a close follower for 10+ years, this group seems to be in a much better position than either of the two other runs at being good
laugh.gif
I've noticed that Aminu kid, liked what I seen so far, but I've heard Bledsoe was struggling.  (maybe I'm off on that, haven't seen him enough with Baron back, saw maybe 2 games when Baron was out, he looked ok to me.)

That Minny pick could be something that really jumps them up.  We need to get past this damn lockout so we can see what actually gets done for some of these teams. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

2v2vzsz_2.gif

You must be still living in the past homeo.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Until Sterling has the big one or Stern just outright takes the team from him, the Clips will never be able to take that next step.

If Blake and EG knows what's good they'll get out as soon as they have a chance, preferably across the hallway
smile.gif
The Lakers have Kobe and Pau, just won a ring, and you're talking about trying to get the 2 and 4 from the Clippers. The Clippers!?!?!!

Man, times must be tough for the Lakers
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've noticed that Aminu kid, liked what I seen so far, but I've heardBledsoe was struggling.  (maybe I'm off on that, haven't seen himenough with Baron back, saw maybe 2 games when Baron was out, he lookedok to me.)

For a guy who didn't play the 1 in college, he's really impressed me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom