Black Woman Pretends to Be White, Job Offers Skyrocket

******g wow. I really try to give the future in which we live credit, but damn. I'm starting to think that wearing this paintjob is like turning up the difficulty in the game of life one level.

I wonder if white people make secret threads about how racist it is they don't get picked up for 5 on 5 bball......

Kinda racism kinda not. I blame her parents. It might not even be based on her race but simply the overly ethnic name. Like if she was a black bianca white. I think it would still yield more results than 'yolanda' it is what it is.

My parents gave me a name to make it in this world not one that people can judge before even knowin me and it sucks we have to think that way but i'll certainly be doing the same for my kids.

A catchy memorable simple name can in fact make you stan out in a pool of resumes, doesnt mean its racist.

Last edited:
one time when i was applying for retail positions instead of putting middle eastern i put black but i still didnt get a call back or interview :smh:

Obama's president. Racism is dead, guys.
mean.gif
 the only reason he's president is because of racism.

"
A Princeton study shows that even white felons are more likely to get positive responses from potential employers than black applicants with no criminal record.

mean.gif

Gonna have to find this study, this is just crazy! 

This almost makes me afraid of going into the gaming industry, we all know what the majority is there. 

I remember reading about it.

Here it is:

To address these issues, I recently conducted a series of experiments investigating employment discrimination. In these experiments, which took place in Milwaukee and New York City, I hired young men to pose as job applicants, assigning them resumes with equal levels of education and experience, and sending them to apply for real entry-level job openings all over the city.

Team members also alternated presenting information about a fictitious criminal record (a drug felony), which they “fessed up to” on the application form. During nearly a year of fieldwork, teams of testers audited hundreds of employers, applying for a wide range of entry level jobs such as waiters, sales assistants, laborers, warehouse workers, couriers, and customer service representatives.

The results of these studies were startling. Among those with no criminal record, white applicants were more than twice as likely to receive a callback relative to equally qualified black applicants. Even more troubling, whites with a felony conviction fared just as well, if not better, than a black applicant with a clean background.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/09/study-black-man-and-white-felon-same-chances-for-hire/

Kinda racism kinda not. I blame her parents. It might not even be based on her race but simply the overly ethnic name. Like if she was a black bianca white. I think it would still yield more results than 'yolanda' it is what it is.

My parents gave me a name to make it in this world not one that people can judge before even knowin me and it sucks we have to think that way but i'll certainly be doing the same for my kids.

A catchy memorable simple name can in fact make you stan out in a pool of resumes, doesnt mean its racist.
maaaan shut ur simple self up...any way you rationalize it, yolanda shouldnt stop someone from being considered for employment...half the time i go to the drs i see a dr with a name i cant pronounce..i feel sorry for u rationalizing how being named 'yolanda' can hold her back...ur no diff than them...
mean.gif
 thats sad man....sad

This has happened to me before. Chinese friend of mine recommended me for a position, I'm mixed with brown skin, well I interviewed twice. He also recommended a white friend for the same job, he had 0 experience and I had about 1.5 years worth. They ended up passing on me, saying I didn't have the experience they were looking for. Well, you guessed it, the guy with no experience, got the job.

This stuff exists in the real world, whether people want to deny it or not.

:lol: it is what it is. I just picked a new doctor and just from 5 names i could pick if i wanted a guy a lady an indian doctor or a white doctor.

Never said it was right but it is what it is. Im game to way the world works

:stoneface: .....

Yolanda is a medieval french name, don't see your point. 

This reply reminds me of this Fresh Prince episode:smh:

gotta be kidding me....

Back
Top Bottom