Black Men- Its 2009, why do lightskinned girls get so much preference?

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

I see some people missed my point...

I guess if someone that has great looks, they can treat you, disrespect you, or demean your character all they want but at the end of the day, you are still getting yours its all good...that's why I said preferences are the LAST with me.

"Man she looks like Halle"--or "yo son she looks like naomi campbell and she walks all over me, but I still be beatin' that"

A woman can look like a dime all day but if she treats me like im not worth even 2 cents, then there will be "change"....

I don't care what shade you are---point blank

This should be the mentality for everyone but unfortunately, some don't have any integrity, standaards, and intellegence and most importantly, character---- for themselves and seeking lust and infactuation while jeopardizing their self-respect.

I'll pass on that...

Skin tone should be the LAST thing people of color should worry about.
you're right, but u know what it is right, the media mess up these girls inna sense. when u r a male (dark skinned) like myself, and youwanna get with a dark skinned girl, one bag of foolishness u get like they want their kids to have pretty hair, or they run with the mixed or lighter skinneddude because they want a light skinned kid. more of that come from what is portrayed on tv/media. juss foolishness (imo).

Originally Posted by besthandsInDM

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

You see it dosent matter what you prefer in someone, that is usualy a physical trait----but what does matter is holding a person accountable for how they conduct themselves and treat you in the end.

This goes along all colors of the racial/ethnic spectrum.

Well for me it does...

Preferences is LAST in my book, I value having standards and holding women accountable on certain measurable intangible qualities that makes up their personality more than choices of physical features.

Like MLK said its not the color of your skin, but the content of your character.

You can prefer a certain type of color of a person from a single race all you want but at the end of the day, if that person don't treat you a certain way that you want to be treated or if neither of you don't have any standards, what good does it comes out of the situation?---preferences becomes irrevelant.

Physical attraction goes such a short distance man...
stop it.

it might not be what makes a relationship last, but sexual attraction is what first connects to members of the opposite sex.

we are animals who act on instinct. i don't care if a chick is mother theresa, if she looks like her i'm not interested.
Not everyone thinks like that. Hopefully you're in the minority with that thinking but we all know there are many more just as shallow.

It also depends on what you're looking for. For long term relationships, good luck if looks the #1 thing on your list or high enough that it can negate other great qualities.
did you even read my post?

^^^ yeah exactly...

Wasn't there a thread on here that talked about a single woman wanting to adopt a child but "preferred" the child having a lighter skin tone orsomething of that nature??---i think it was from a CNN story.

So when is it serious???....is life really not that serious then??

Im not going at you sosmoove...but when is it going to be serious to talk about issues like these?

I mean there is a reason why posts like these come up every so often---it pains me to hear topics like these but they need to be addressed and need solutions or at best , need to alleviate some issues.

Its all good I understand what you mean but i'm just saying no need to get too heated at the expense of some of the dudes in here. At the end of the day,none of these cats in here will change but I feel you if you want to be heard I have no problems. Im on your side lol

And for the record, we aren't dealing with National Geographic and this isn't Animal Planet either----animals have one primary objective and physicalattractiveness isn't a criteria for that objective----compared to the minds of humans which are far too complex to that of animals.

I definitely don't want to get into that...

I like my girls African which usually come dark(but not always).

BTW I'm light-skin.\

I guess opposites attract

You see it dosent matter what you prefer in someone, that is usualy a physical trait----but what does matter is holding a person accountable for how they conduct themselves and treat you in the end.

This goes along all colors of the racial/ethnic spectrum.

Well for me it does...

Preferences is LAST in my book, I value having standards and holding women accountable on certain measurable intangible qualities that makes up their personality more than choices of physical features.

Like MLK said its not the color of your skin, but the content of your character.

You can prefer a certain type of color of a person from a single race all you want but at the end of the day, if that person don't treat you a certain way that you want to be treated or if neither of you don't have any standards, what good does it comes out of the situation?---preferences becomes irrevelant.

Physical attraction goes such a short distance man...
stop it.

it might not be what makes a relationship last, but sexual attraction is what first connects to members of the opposite sex.

we are animals who act on instinct. i don't care if a chick is mother theresa, if she looks like her i'm not interested.
Not everyone thinks like that. Hopefully you're in the minority with that thinking but we all know there are many more just as shallow.

It also depends on what you're looking for. For long term relationships, good luck if looks the #1 thing on your list or high enough that it can negate other great qualities.
did you even read my post?
Yes, the last part came across as "they have to look good for me to be interested regardless of other qualities". Apologies if Imisunderstood something...

And for the record, we aren't dealing with National Geographic and this isn't Animal Planet either----animals have one primary objective and physical attractiveness isn't a criteria for that objective----compared to the minds of humans which are far too complex to that of animals.

I definitely don't want to get into that...
no but it's clearly the primary factor in initial attraction. you're not gonna even approach a girl who you don't find attractive, getoutta here with that.

we are wired to want to reproduce with women we find attractive. don't try to debate that. that's all i'm saying.

Yes, the last part came across as "they have to look good for me to be interested regardless of other qualities". Apologies if I misunderstood something...
no i guess you understood....but you really think that's shallow? damn. i don;t know one dude who wouldn't agree with me.

^^^ yeah exactly...

Wasn't there a thread on here that talked about a single woman wanting to adopt a child but "preferred" the child having a lighter skin tone or something of that nature??---i think it was from a CNN story.
like forreal it sucks. the first girl I'm running down is a dark skinned girl, cause I want juice, but they have a low self esteem due tomedia portrayal. nuff time i get shut down n other times i get thru. it bun me cause they can't see why man is running them down. me I'm darkskinned but I have "pretty hair". I only know that because dark skinned or black girls tell me that. no other race of girl tell me bout my hair oreven care how "soft" it is, I already know where their mind is at when my hair is not cut and they playin with it telling me stuff that i dontbusiness with, cause me i ran u down to kill it, cause u look good. come in like the only reason why they gimmie the tire to puncture is because of my"pretty hair".

u said it already still, people of color shouldn't worry bout skin tone, but there is too much things that people cant let go of. what u feel like, theycant let go of it, or they juss don't want to?

to the more tv/media they watch, the more they don't like themselves.

Originally Posted by cycopth

to the more tv/media they watch, the more they don't like themselves.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by myhandstank

The same reason females like dudes with six-packs its all prefence
No .

No , not at all ... it's TOTALLY different .

You can't let go cuz the LS people will be hype they are LS and DS people will be mad they are looked down up or looked passed b/c they are dark. Its avicious cycle that will be hard to fix. It starts with people stop talking about good/bad hair. Kids pick up on stuff early and stuff can stick with them forthe rest of they life.

i just dig LS chicks cuz im LS myself. so its only natural?

good answer?

YO I'm not black and through where I live/school I'm around mostly white people msot of the time.....is this like a big issue in the black community?

Because I have heard this from black friends and a lot on NT.....is it that huge of a thing that people have stereotypes of each skin shade of black person?seems way OD to me.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

You can't let go cuz the LS people will be hype they are LS and DS people will be mad they are looked down up or looked passed b/c they are dark. Its a vicious cycle that will be hard to fix. It starts with people stop talking about good/bad hair. Kids pick up on stuff early and stuff can stick with them for the rest of they life.
But they don't realize it .

I like all the colors light to dark doesn't matter to me. I've seen some
pimp.gif
dark women in my life

YO I'm not black and through where I live/school I'm around mostly white people msot of the time.....is this like a big issue in the black community?

Because I have heard this from black friends and a lot on NT.....is it that huge of a thing that people have stereotypes of each skin shade of black person? seems way OD to me.
What do you mean ?

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

You can't let go cuz the LS people will be hype they are LS and DS people will be mad they are looked down up or looked passed b/c they are dark. Its a vicious cycle that will be hard to fix. It starts with people stop talking about good/bad hair. Kids pick up on stuff early and stuff can stick with them for the rest of they life.

who doesn't realize it?

who doesn't realize it?
Adults who picked up on these things as children .

There are certain things I know now that I sit back & wonder "Where did I GET that from ? Why do I have that ideology ?"

Of course you are going to approach someone initially that is attractive physically---that is human nature, NOT animal---but like I said before, physicalattractiveness can only go so far...there has to be other qualities in their character and demeanor that makes the attraction worth more than its "facevalue"....that's my opinion.

This is how I, "screen out" the immoral women.

I mean, I would take a physically attractive woman regardless of her complexion suitable to my standards compared to a physically attractive woman thatisn't---point blank.

And this dosen't neccessarily mean in a relationship sense, especially long-term ones----- its the fact that you should value and have standards andintegrity over preferences because you can't control how someone looks compared to how someone can treat themselves and most importantly, yourself---youcan hold them accountable for that.

Not to sound arrogant but, Im a person worthy of respect---and I give it back to those that show it to me , that's all Im saying. I don't care how darkskinned or light skinned you are; or how big your alcorn squash patch is---point blank.

Because I have heard this from black friends and a lot on NT.....is it that huge of a thing that people have stereotypes of each skin shade of black person? seems way OD to me.
What do you mean ?
people saying "light skinned girls act ___" or "dark skinned girls always _____" etc.

who doesn't realize it?
Adults who picked up on these things as children .

There are certain things I know now that I sit back & wonder "Where did I GET that from ? Why do I have that ideology ?"

i feel you but as adults now or at least people of age and reason we have to be careful what we say/do around children..."if you know better you dobetter" least you should do better
ohwell.gif

it's preference...........and it's also has a lot to do with black people hating on there darker halves

me personally if a Ds and Ls girl was put in my face and I had to choose I'm going to pick the one who look the best

guys sit up with that sorry excuse about light skinned chicks look better and fine dark skinned chicks are hard to find....LIESSSSSSSS

I have seen trash light skinned girls just like I have seen trash dark skinned girls one doesn't weight out the other

then guys sit up and say well light skinned chicks have the better complexion...that $*@% is stupid....in the dark skinned girl defense I can say the darkskinned girls have way better skin

Of course you are going to approach someone initially that is attractive physically---that is human nature, NOT animal---but like I said before, physical attractiveness can only go so far...there has to be other qualities in their character and demeanor that makes the attraction worth more than its "face value"....that's my opinion.

This is how I, "screen out" the immoral women.

I mean, I would take a physically attractive woman regardless of her complexion suitable to my standards compared to a physically attractive woman that isn't---point blank.

And this dosen't neccessarily mean in a relationship sense, especially long-term ones----- its the fact that you should value and have standards and integrity over preferences because you can't control how someone looks compared to how someone can treat themselves and most importantly, yourself---you can hold them accountable for that.

Not to sound arrogant but, Im a person worthy of respect---and I give it back to those that show it to me , that's all Im saying. I don't care how dark skinned or light skinned you are; or how big your alcorn squash patch is---point blank.
good stuff man

Back
Top Bottom