BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

If these two killers go before a judge today for their charges I guess we’ll find out if they get offered bail or not. Hopefully not of course.

This mentality has got to go. John Lewis should be ashamed of himself. I don’t care if he has a movie that’s about to come out that he’s promoting......getting beat into submission wanting to get in Good Trouble is one of the reasons WE have gotten to this point as a community. There’s a difference between an elder and an old ****....which is what John Lewis is.

Screenshot_20200508-075952.png

exactly what I want to see and more to come.

Yea I haven't celebrated their arrest, 10 weeks after the fact, when it's literally the bare minimum after someone's been murdered.

Zimmerman got arrested too...

Hearing about the father's law enforcement connections which have seemingly shielded them until now, I'm not expecting much justice at all tbvh.

Damn near certain that the whole thing would still be swept under the rug if the story hadn't gone viral and had influential public figures bringing more spotlight towards it

Theses LEA's litterally patting each other on the back about a job well done. Disgusting.

Man if they don't look like your stereotypical POC-hating MAGA goofs.

I have a fear that arrests will be all it accounts to. Hoping for some sort of murder charge, but... well we'll see.

Hey remember black people are supposed to be offended by that term!

They are live now talking about the arrest

Not watching anything until the verdict is guilty.

Can't be bothered to invest in hope that has been proven misplaced time and time again.

I need to think about my own mental health and happiness.

Nothing these folks have done thus far it's going to make me risk exposure to their lies, be they Black or White.

Last I checked, representatives / leaders are elected / chosen to speak for a group.

Like Rev Dr. MLK Jr was REQUESTED to participate in the Bus Boycotts which began his journey and Malcolm X was SELECTED by Elijah Muhammad to run a Mosque and speak across the country.

I have no idea whose picking these so called "Black Leaders"...but what I do know is they have nothing to do with me.

These are gatekeepers IMHO.

More concerned with maintaining the Status Quo that keeps them in power and destroying ANYTHING that threatens their positions.

These the same bammas that turned their backs on Rev Dr. MLK's dream...because they was hiring that day down at city hall...yet use his name as a ticket to ride that "one time, at bandcamp" train which has been running on the same tracks since the 1960s.

That Charlie Brown / Lucy stuff is over...that's for so called "Black Leaders" who "thank cops for their service" instead of hold them accountable for their actions.

Yeah...Im good on this one y'all. Have a nice trip though!

I didn't watch Tiger King and I aint watching this show either.

You spit on MLKs memory by saying stupid **** like we were better off segregated, like you never heard I Had a Dream. You are right on about some of these so called leaders, but you have no right to speak about anyone when you are trying to move backwards.

You spit on MLKs memory by saying stupid **** like we were better off segregated, like you never heard I Had a Dream. You are right on about some of these so called leaders, but you have no right to speak about anyone when you are trying to move backwards.

Wash ya face B.

“We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know that we will win. But I've come to believe we're integrating into a burning house.

I'm afraid that America may be losing what moral vision she may have had …. And I'm afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears at the soul of this nation.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited:
Yeah pro segregation is wild.

We already have it.

We have outlr own neighborhoods.

Invest in those.

I've never seen more black excellence like I've seen in Atlanta and PG County.

I'm talking about lavish black neighborhoods.

Never seen it anywhere else.

Especially where I'm from.

I was mind blown.

Man if they don't look like your stereotypical POC-hating MAGA goofs.

I have a fear that arrests will be all it accounts to. Hoping for some sort of murder charge, but... well we'll see.
We’ve posted information showing why such a term is insulting, especially in cases like this, as POC is a term that diminishes the travails of the Black experience in this world. We are not all in this thing together, and non Blacks do not experience the same discrimination in this country, as the descendants of African slaves in the western hemisphere.

Yeah pro segregation is wild.

We already have it.

We have outlr own neighborhoods.

Invest in those.

I've never seen more black excellence like I've seen in Atlanta and PG County.

I'm talking about lavish black neighborhoods.

Never seen it anywhere else.

Especially where I'm from.

I was mind blown.

FAM! Those houses and lavish neighborhoods do not save us!!!

Move there.

You'll find out.

We’ve posted information showing why such a term is insulting, especially in cases like this, as POC is a term that diminishes the travails of the Black experience in this world. We are not all in this thing together, and non Blacks do not experience the same discrimination in this country, as the descendants of African slaves in the western hemisphere.

1000 percent

Pieces of **** and that’s being nice.

From my limited understanding of US law, why does the district attorney lay the charges and not police? Or does it vary by state?

seems kind of backwards that police do the investigation and then someone in the courts can say “nah we aren’t gonna pursue with charges”

dis·trict at·tor·ney
/ˈdistrikt əˈtərnē/
noun
a public official who acts as prosecutor for the state or the federal government in court in a particular district.

dis·trict at·tor·ney
/ˈdistrikt əˈtərnē/
noun
a public official who acts as prosecutor for the state or the federal government in court in a particular district.

I get that. Here in canada (Ontario specifically), police lay the charges after their investigation is done. BC is different, the same as you guys, where the crown (DA) decides whether or not to proceed with charges.

We’ve posted information showing why such a term is insulting, especially in cases like this, as POC is a term that diminishes the travails of the Black experience in this world
Crap, I didn't see that. In this day and age, ignorance is no excuse, but if you could simply direct me to that conversation, I'll catch up.
We are not all in this thing together
Remember, you can only speak to your experience and those in your ingroup. That's your own standard. Others cannot speak for your ingroup, and you cannot speak for theirs.
non Blacks do not experience the same discrimination in this country
Completely agree. I said nothing along those lines, though. I agree that black people have had it worse in this country than other minorities, but that wasn't what I was speaking to. I was speaking to the stereotypical look of the 2 murderers, that they look like the stereotypical minority-hating image I would expect. They do look like they hate minorities. I didn't specifically, exclusively, and only say that they look like they hate black people, and that's ok. My comment wasn't a commentary on the histrionics of all different minorities in this country, and it didn't have to be.

ALL white people are racist, and that is due to white privilege. They hate hearing it, they inow it, but they wont shake it until they relinquish the laws that support white supremacy. With Trump doing as he had done, stacking rightwing judges at every level? White privilege isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

5:50 mark

Back
Top Bottom