Black Male Actors & Wearing Dresses

Would you wear a dress to catapult your career?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
also pre this diversity push.

if you were a black male actor and weren't in a "black" movie/tv show,

it meant you

a) you weren't the lead
b) you were the only black person on the cast.

so the writers, prob didn't want to put you in romantic storylines,
because that would necessitate an interracial relationship (they not adding another black character one is enough)

which old school producers thought would offend white audiences. so if you aren't the lead, and you can't be in romances, you are either

1. the sexless best friend character.
2. magical negro guide. aka bagger vance
3. goofy comic relief

and if you get stuck as 3

best believe someone is going to get the hack comedy idea to put you in a dress.

1612315244194.png

1612315314751.png

1612315404387.png

1612315517707.png

What this proves is how diabolical racism actually is, and how white men can get away with just about anything, without their masculinity being questioned. In fact, they can even make the claim of america's mayor while doing so...

1612315716684.png

I know this is a whole thing with black male actors but ive never really seen the agenda or conspiracy with specifically targetting black men to be emasculated.

The reason why is cuz ppl legitimately think men in drag is funny and this isn't done in a disproportional way towards black men. Tons of white dudes do this all the time.

Also more times than not with black actors its black comedians doing this or actors willing to do this in a comedy (Wesley Snipes). I ain't see Morgan Freeman or Denzel in a dress ever. On the other hand, Martin created an iconic character wearing a dress. So did Jamie Foxx.

Last edited:
1612315244194.png

1612315314751.png

1612315404387.png

1612315517707.png

What this proves is how diabolical racism actually is, and how white men can get away with just about anything, without their masculinity being questioned. In fact, they can even make the claim of america's mayor while doing so...

1612315716684.png

It appears black men tend to take pride in being one dimensional characters. The irony is complaining about things like this makes them looks less masculine. it aint that serious.

I know this is a whole thing with black male actors but ive never really seen the agenda or conspiracy with specifically targetting black men to be emasculated.

The reason why is cuz ppl legitimately think men in drag is funny and this isn't done in a disproportional way towards black men. Tons of white dudes do this all the time.

Also more times than not with black actors its black comedians doing this or actors willing to do this in a comedy (Wesley Snipes). I ain't see Morgan Freeman or Denzel in a dress ever. On the other hand, Martin created an iconic wearing a dress. So did Jamie Foxx.
Yeah whenever I hear the talk about it, they tend to ignore that most people loved Martin as Shenene .

Seeing Morgan Freeman in a dress would be sick though :sick:

Also more times than not with black actors its black comedians doing this or actors willing to do this in a comedy (Wesley Snipes). I ain't see Morgan Freeman or Denzel in a dress ever. On the other hand, Martin created an iconic wearing a dress. So did Jamie Foxx.

Too Wong foo is a classic. It was a hispanic dude, a white dude and Wesleys black *** in drag but black dudes think they were specifically being targeted :rofl:

It appears black men tend to take pride in being one dimensional characters. The irony is complaining about things like this makes them looks less masculine. it aint that serious.
No, that is not it, and it is very serious. It is about the roles they are offered, next to those who are deemed more masculine while being white. Personally, I tend to move away from the bootstrap'ism of get over it, because the history is there. Pickaninny was very real, as was shown in the old Our Gang Little Rascals series.

I am not going to place those pics up here of them having us in dresses, with bug eyes, looking afraid of everything. But that is indeed the reason why modern Black actors are so cautious for doing drag, and it is because it is not equal out there.

gender is a social construct that doesn't exist, much like time & money. males are actually more anatomically configured to benefit from the way a skirt is made, also they are damn comfortable, it's just clothing... which in my opinion shouldn't have a gender assigned to it anyway.

Yeah whenever I hear the talk about it, they tend to ignore that most people loved Martin as Shenene .

Seeing Morgan Freeman in a dress would be sick though :sick:
Yeah. I've had the convo and seen it a few times before and recall the Oprah interview with Dave the vid basically revolves around. To me its always comedy. There aren't a lot of super serious comedians that do that type of offending/attacking comedy and never make an *** of yourself. Part of being funny is making a fool of yourself.

I forgot to exclude trans roles though. That's a whole other thing but it goes to a bigger point.

We (everybody really not just black ppl or black actors/comedians) gotta stop fronting like the entertainment business isn't ran by gay ppl and consists of a lot of gay ppl.

They've made everyday taboo **** regular staples in entertainment; dudes in dresses, dudes playing gay characters, dudes playing trans characters, etc. The audience reaction to that **** is its funny or what a power up dramatic role. They're so common now its expected and seen as cliche.

I don't know about no illuminati and forcing comedians to this but as individuals these dudes should be able to set boundaries with what they're comfortable with. Denzel refuses to kiss white women on screen just to repay the loyalty to black women across America for helping make him a star. Its another actor I'm forgetting the name refuses to do anything gay in a role. He has a specific crafted image and isn't changing it.

Just the way it is.

Also I need that pic of Samuel L Jackson in that vid fact checked. It was a close up shot and all we could see is fam wearing a hot pink wig. That ain't necessarily anything effeminate. The ***** is bald. Might have just been a bald joke.

I'm like 70 black dudes in a dress so what? White dudes use to refuse having female actors and play the female roles themselves. Been doing it for hundreds of years.

No, that is not it, and it is very serious. It is about the roles they are offered, next to those who are deemed more masculine while being white. Personally, I tend to move away from the bootstrap'ism of get over it, because the history is there. Pickaninny was very real, as was shown in the old Our Gang Little Rascals series.

I am not going to place those pics up here of them having us in dresses, with bug eyes, looking afraid of everything. But that is indeed the reason why modern Black actors are so cautious for doing drag, and it is because it is not equal out there.

I was speaking specifically about wearing dresses. Most roles for black men have nothing to do with wearing dresses, black men who are insecure in their masculinity just focus on those roles.

Wesley played blade, Nino Brown and a drag queen in Too Wong foo. that type of range should be celebrated.

Yeah. I've had the convo and seen it a few times before and recall the Oprah interview with Dave the vid basically revolves around. To me its always comedy. There aren't a lot of super serious comedians that do that type of offending/attacking comedy and never make an *** of yourself. Part of being funny is making a fool of yourself.

I forgot to exclude trans roles though. That's a whole other thing but it goes to a bigger point.

We (everybody really not just black ppl or black actors/comedians) gotta stop fronting like the entertainment business isn't ran by gay ppl and consists of a lot of gay ppl.

They've made everyday taboo **** regular staples in entertainment; dudes in dresses, dudes playing gay characters, dudes playing trans characters, etc. The audience reaction to that **** is its funny or what a power up dramatic role. They're so common now its expected and seen as cliche.

I don't know about no illuminati and forcing comedians to this but as individuals these dudes should be able to set boundaries with what they're comfortable with. Denzel refuses to kiss white women on screen just to repay the loyalty to black women across America for helping make him a star. Its another actor I'm forgetting the name refuses to do anything gay in a role. He has a specific crafted image and isn't changing it.

Just the way it is.

Also I need that pic of Samuel L Jackson in that vid fact checked. It was a close up shot and all we could see is fam wearing a hot pink wig. That ain't necessarily anything effeminate. The ***** is bald. Might have just been a bald joke.

Puts on tin foil hat. I thought the entertainment industry was ran by liberal jews? Y'all gotta make up your minds.

I was speaking specifically about wearing dresses. Most roles for black men have nothing to do with wearing dresses, black men who are insecure in their masculinity just focus on those roles.

Wesley played blade, Nino Brown and a drag queen in Too Wong foo. that type of range should be celebrated.
Well, the whole Black men wearing dresses, being feminized began back in the era for which Black people were being exploited. That exploitation is why Black men are sensitive about doing such in these days. There is a history behind such thought, that's all I am saying!

Seeing the amount of people who have done it makes it a bit harder to write off as coincidence. It truly does seem to be a barrier to entry.

males are actually more anatomically configured to benefit from the way a skirt is made, also they are damn comfortable, it's just clothing... which in my opinion shouldn't have a gender assigned to it anyway.

LOL men wore skirts and dresses for most of recorded human history. Gotta let the balls breeve.

Brandon T Jackson(I had to Google him) was corny way before he put that dress on miss me with that ****.

Well, the whole Black men wearing dresses, being feminized began back in the era for which Black people were being exploited. That exploitation is why Black men are sensitive about doing such in these days. There is a history behind such thought, that's all I am saying!

what era are we speaking of? Because a lot of the examples here are from multiple eras.

gender is a social construct that doesn't exist, much like time & money. males are actually more anatomically configured to benefit from the way a skirt is made, also they are damn comfortable, it's just clothing... which in my opinion shouldn't have a gender assigned to it anyway.
antidope antidope

Back
Top Bottom