Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

lotta folks in this threading exposing the fact they've never touched an OG, much less owned a pair

No other reason to be so forgiving for JB's terrible quality

nerd.gif
My first pair were black cement 4s. Got them a week after they released. Just because I understand modern JB quality, and why they do it, doesn't mean i've never owned an OG pair. It's just a lot of you guys have no idea how business actually works.

lotta folks in this threading exposing the fact they've never touched an OG, much less owned a pair

:nerd:
It's just a lot of you guys have no idea how business actually works.

Luxury goods derive their value from the quality of the merchandise.
Luxury brands can, and do, increase profit margin without a corresponding decline in the quality of the materials and manufacturing

If JB feels the need to increase their profit margin beyond their already obscene number, so be it.
But we don't need to pretend that a drastic decline in quality is the only way for MJ to stuff his pockets.

In fact, JB has confirmed exactly my point by starting their "remastered" line of retros (of which I have Zero faith that they won't screw that up as well)
But at least they recognize that there are ways to improve the shoes and still make bank

Luxury brands can, and do, increase profit margin without a corresponding decline in the quality of the materials and manufacturing

If JB feels the need to increase their profit margin beyond their already obscene number, so be it.
But we don't need to pretend that a drastic decline in quality is the only way for MJ to stuff his pockets.

In fact, JB has confirmed exactly my point by starting their "remastered" line of retros (of which I have Zero faith that they won't screw that up as well)
But at least they recognize that there are ways to improve the shoes and still make bank
Wrong....they are increasing the price accordingly. So you aren't getting better quality at the same price. YOu're getting better quality with a price hike.

No one is pretending that a "drastic decline in quality is the only way for MJ to stuff his pockets". But we are affirming that they are maximizing profit. They owe nothing to you. The dollar is the bottom line. They're making a killing in their business model. Quality is meh, but sales are high. Instant sell out everytime. People are complaining about quality? Fine...we'll up the quality but up the price as well. Maybe you are the only one getting fooled by this.

If JB feels the need to increase their profit margin beyond their already obscene number,so be it.

Wrong....they are increasing the price accordingly. So you aren't getting better quality at the same price. YOu're getting better quality with a price hike.

No one is pretending that a "drastic decline in quality is the only way for MJ to stuff his pockets". But we are affirming that they are maximizing profit. They owe nothing to you. The dollar is the bottom line. They're making a killing in their business model. Quality is meh, but sales are high. Instant sell out everytime. People are complaining about quality? Fine...we'll up the quality but up the price as well. Maybe you are the only one getting fooled by this.

Not wrong in the slightest
You just didn't read my post properly

Try again, this time with the large print edition

Not wrong in the slightest
You just didn't read my post properly

Try again, this time with the large print edition
Lol I read everything you said and comprehended it perfectly. It's just that your complaints make zero sense. 

You don't like the decline in quality and the higher prices, right?

But you'll be happy with higher quality and even higher prices? It's a linear situation. Your discontent with the pricing strategy should remain constant with the increase in quality if the price is going up accordingly, which it is.

Now if JB were to remaster the retros and charge the same price, then that would fit your argument. But that's not the case. The price is goin up a lot for marginal increase in quality. JB will stay raping every way they know how, even if that include fooling people with higher quality while raising prices.

I pretty much have stopped buying current J's. And there's no reason why JB couldn't produce retros exactly like the OG's, their just shoes it's not that hard. If you don't think JB can't produce shoes with quality materials, the right shape and with the right shade of color your sadly mistaken.
Exactly. Of course there is no reason to think JB can't make retros to the same standards as the OGs...but again, they have no reason to. I know I wouldn't. I'd just keep my costs the same and the price, well...keep raising it because we can't stop the shoes from selling out. JB knows what they are doing. Again, this is a business, not a friendship. And a lot of you feel that because you are loyal to the brand that they OWE you. Well, they don't owe you anything. They just want your money, lots of it. ANd we keep giving it to them. 

:nerd:
B

It's not to be forgiving. It's to accept the things you cannot change.
For customers to "forgive" JB would mean JB would have to admit to doing something wrong in order to be forgiven.
JB is banking, they are doing things right, and have nothing to be forgiven for.

Lol I read everything you said and comprehended it perfectly. It's just that your complaints make zero sense.

You don't like the decline in quality and the higher prices, right?

Incorrect
Although Id rather not pay more, I would prefer to see a return to the original quality, and would willingly pay more to get that

But you'll be happy with higher quality and even higher prices?

Yes
If the return to quality is sufficient

It's a linear situation. Your discontent with the pricing strategy should remain constant with the increase in quality if the price is going up accordingly, which it is.

Now if JB were to remaster the retros and charge the same price, then that would fit your argument.

Thats not my argument

But that's not the case. The price is goin up a lot for marginal increase in quality.

Now we're getting somewhere

But again…
At no point did I say that JB should or would keep the same lower price point. I'm ok with that. I just want a return to the old quality
My only point is that there are profitable alternatives to ****tty JB quality

So then basically you'll just pay whatever as long as the quality increases. Got it.

Nope

But I would consider paying an appropriate amount for a fully restored OG quality shoe

Of course there is no reason to think JB can't make retros to the same standards as the OGs...but again, they have no reason to

You're right, they would never consider remastering their retro line, because it couldn't possibly make business sense to up the quality and the price
Oh wait… :rolleyes

Any other business savvy you want to share with us?

First off...i was referring to a poster who said they wanted higher quality at the same price. I was saying that of course they could, but why would they if they sell out every release?

Their feelings were that we pay enough and we should be getting higher quality. And lol if you think the remastered series will be on par with the OGs. Even if the materials come anywhere close, the build quality will not. Need any more lessons breh?

Last edited:
The funniest thing is quality has been going up in the last few years. Or maybe you dont remember how it was in 2006.

Infrareds are on point until people have them in hand, and then the complaining will start.

Come on guys, lets just chill and not cat fight.

Infrareds are gonna be on point tho
Youre right though. I won't respond anymore. I'm just very tired of the quality complaints. It's overdone. We all know what time it is with JB.

Back
Top Bottom