Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Just sarcasm guys, I know the real suicide attempts won't come until JB fails to put durabuck on the remastered pairs with Nike Air on the back.

and leather :lol:

they're not gonna rerelease them that quick, seeing as they pulled out the columbia 4's, they're most def. going to pull out maroons if ANY 6's.

I'm not trying to say these are gonna look drastically different then what JB pics show us. I'm basically trying to say all this arguing shouldn't be happening... At least not this early.

Durabuck is solid and durable almost like cardboard. Also when you run your finger through it the color stays the same. Durabuck could also be washed with soap and water without damaging the material.

Nubuck is softer to the touch and does change color when you run your fingers through it, kind of like a suede effect, but not as hairy as suede. You could't wear it in the rain because the material stains and leaks easily.

Here's the 2002 7s that were made up of nubuck and durabuck like the og 7s

b4b2e4f1_image.jpeg

Now here's the 2012 with just durabuck

6d579ba7_image.jpeg

The pics above definitely show the contrast. But some of the pics we have seen of these so far look more like the latter though not exactly or somewhere in between.

fAtjRTp.jpg

Maybe we won't know which one it is until someone gets their hands on it. From visual inspection they look a bit like the originals and less like the 2000 Durabuck which is definitely easier to pick up as the 1991. Although 1991 might appear ashy/suede due to their age now.

Last edited:
So how's this $hit gonna go down on RD with this being a Black Friday release? Sounds like it's gonna be a nightmare to cop these. This just gonna be another raffle thing or what? If one wins a ticket will they have to be there on RD to pickup or could they be picked up the day after? I'm not tryin to get involved in that Black Friday bull$hit any kinda way |I  

People will pay extra for early pairs
Pizza talk
Raffle talk
Do your research overseas talk
Raffle/RSVP salt
Lurker/camp talk
Overseas salt
Misc release day salt
Pizza talk

Basically

People will pay extra for early pairs
Pizza talk
Raffle talk
Do your research overseas talk
Raffle/RSVP salt
Lurker/camp talk
Overseas salt
Misc release day salt
Pizza talk

Basically
Well knowing how people be selling $hit on craigslist around here, I should be able to cop for about $50 over retail if all else fails. Not sure how that's a come up to some people but it's certainly worth it to me just to not have to deal with all that Black Friday drama
laugh.gif

All the drama that goes on with these kinda Jordan releases and they pick Black Friday as a RD?? SMFH
tired.gif

Last edited:
Well knowing how people be selling $hit on craigslist around here, I should be able to cop for about $50 over retail if all else fails. Not sure how that's a come up to some people but it's certainly worth it to me just to not have to deal with all that Black Friday drama :lol:  

All the drama that goes on with these kinda Jordan releases and they pick Black Friday as a RD?? SMFH |I

I'll answer your question. But, first who is in your avatar's gif? From what I gather Black Friday releases are super GR so getting a pair is not impossible. You may have to lineup a few hours before stores open or make sure you are awake when they drop online. Worst case scenario the resale won't be murder. With a bit of effort you will acquire.

Last edited:
I can't tell if you're serious or if this is sarcasm.

You've been here long enough to where you should know how all of this works. A retro will NEVER be EXACTLY like the OGs for the specific reason that they don't ever want to give you exactly what you want. Because then there's a chance that you won't buy another pair when they retro them again. You'll still have the pair that you own.. just like OG heads that still wearable 2000s don't really care to cop these that much.

It's a system. We've seen so many retros come out with Durabuck, yet they don't put it on these. Air Jordan 1s with Nike Air on them, but they won't put it on these. Good quality materials / cushioning on some retros / releases, but not on others. Why? Because they can. Because Jordans are still selling out and causing hype. Because people will still buy / double up and they'll still make their money.

Do you remember when people said that JB didn't have the rights to use Nike Air anymore? Because I do. It wasn't long after that that we saw the pair of Wedding 5s with Nike Air on the back.. only made for an employees wedding. Then the '88 3s. But they won't put it on the 4s, 5s, or 6s. They're waiting. Waiting to "remaster" or waiting to give you that tiny piece of what you REALLY want. BUT, with a price hike. And a lot of scarcity.

Seriously, it boggles MY mind that you people haven't caught on to this yet. You're still surprised that they used Nubuck on this. But they gave us 3M and a more accurate representation of Infrared. So, it gives the Varsity Red owners, Infrared 2010 owners, and Infrared 2000 owners a reason to cop. They gave us a lot of what we wanted, but not ALL OF IT. Because the remastered version will cater to that, with a huge price hike and a limited release, but as most will agree in here (myself included) I don't give a damn. I'm buying them if they truly are remastered to the OG specs. :smh:
salute

Still waiting for the official pics.... Y'all can drool over these bootlegs all yall want. I refuse to. I see them blowing it all the time. Hell they're leaking out early/fake Columbia 11s with teal green bottoms that look like ****. Ain't even no videos on YouTube yet of anybody speaking English reviewing these in hand. Still seeing pics with different materials than the previous pics and different shades of infrared in this thread. Hold right to reserve judgment. Call me what u want. :nerd:

Last edited:
I haven't seen these many walls of text since djprotoj :lol:

:rofl:

For me I understand why people voice their opinions if they dont like the shoe because it isn't true to the original but why keep complaining over the same thing over and over again. Just voice it once and move on. No need to keep beating a dead horse. To me the consumer always speaks with their money so just pass happily and keep it moving. No need to keep complaining about the shoe or going at other people if you don't like it. (Not talking about you just people in general)

This

Who/what gives u the right to say what is and is not acceptable to speak about in a shoe forum. Materials, colors,..... What the hell else is there to talk about?:lol:

The same reason you give that you think it's ok to talk about the same stuff over and over ad nauseam

Because I want to

Last edited:
The same reason you give that you think it's ok to talk about the same stuff over and over ad nauseam

Because I want to
U been here long enough to know how to utilize the "block member" function. Maybe u should consider using it since people talking about colors and materials in a shoe forum gives u nauseum. And with every new crop of UNOFFICIAL pics being posted those topics are gonna continue to be discussed until we actually see the real ones. Think it's bout time to change that Trayvon Martin avi as well.

Last edited:
U been here long enough to know how to utilize the "block member" function. Maybe u should consider using it since people talking about colors and materials in a shoe forum gives u nauseum. And with every new crop of UNOFFICIAL pics being posted those topics are gonna continue to be discussed until we actually see the real ones. Think it's bout time to change that Trayvon Martin avi as well.

So now you're whining about me quoting a previous post? You haven't run out of tissue yet?

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

Why don't you practice what you preach and block me if my quoting offends you :lol:

And no, I don't think it's time to change anything.

So now you're whining about me quoting a previous post? You haven't run out of tissue yet?

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

Why don't you practice what you preach and block me if my quoting offends you :lol:

And no, I don't think it's time to change anything.
you don't bother me, I'm actually in a great mood. you're always a Debbie Downer. :lol:

EDIT. Decided to block Trayvon Martin

Last edited:
I'll answer your question. But, first who is in your avatar's gif? From what I gather Black Friday releases are super GR so getting a pair is not impossible. You may have to lineup a few hours before stores open or make sure you are awake when they drop online. Worst case scenario the resale won't be murder. With a bit of effort you will acquire.
Just some random chick with a rack that's cool to look at
laugh.gif

Good lookin out on the info. You think it's gonna be better to just try and cop online rather than bother with any of the retail stores?

All this talk about material and color is kinda odd considering no one will use them for their original purpose which is...to play basketball

What we can agree on is that they'll look good on your feet and with your outfits

Whether the version I have is the production/gr release rendition or nil... thus far, these are very close in fit to the 2010 Varsity Reds and the 2014 Infrared 23, albiet, a bit

more snug than the History of Jordans (those feel more like the 2012 Olympics - a tad long... all shoes still true to size, 11 for moi).

Don't have any real gripes about this shoe. I copped for contrast/comparison... so we'll see come Noviembre, guays. 

(Btw, i'm not tryna be Mr. Exclusive... just Mr. Steal Your Nether Pearls and Curls)

Umph.

Last edited:
All this talk about material and color is kinda odd considering no one will use them for their original purpose which is...to play basketball

What we can agree on is that they'll look good on your feet and with your outfits

yea but people like to know that they wont have to worry about getting the material a little bit wet.

i personally think it's trivial because i dislike wearing my kicks in the rain, no matter what shoe it is, but whatever.

way more excited for columbias and nobody's arguing about the material there, just if the sole will look like pool water :lol:

I play with some of my retros on the court :smokin
I have yet to play with VIs on, but that would be dope

And why should we the consumer not ask for more? For that price range, I want to make sure I can do anything in these sneakers, not just for stunting in front of homies or for IG.

Whether the version I have is the production/gr release rendition or nil... thus far, these are very close in fit to the 2010 Varsity Reds and the 2014 Infrared 23, albiet, a bit
more snug than the History of Jordans (those feel more like the 2012 Olympics - a tad long... all shoes still true to size, 11 for moi).

View media item 1095243
View media item 1095244

Don't have any real gripes about this shoe. I copped for contrast/comparison... so we'll see come Noviembre, guays. 

(Btw, i'm not tryna be Mr. Exclusive... just Mr. Steal Your Nether Pearls and Curls)

Umph.

For the vi's for me they're usually border tts to a half size bigger, but you think the historys are bigger than the other vi's this year?
Btw, dat infrared57 pop! :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom