Black guy hair cuts

I've always seen that olive oil stuff in Walmart but never tried it. When my Shea Butter runs out I'll grab a bottle

Copped taliah waajid curly curl cream, it's pretty nice and has a good smell.

My old barber left the shop two weeks ago and I got a haircut from someone else in there on Monday. Absolutely hate it and now IDK what I'm going to do. I cant go through this barber hunt again, this would be the fourth time in like two years :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I wanna give cutting my own hair a fair shot again but honestly have no real idea where to start.

A guy I know who used to cut hair for others and himself recommended me Andis Fade clippers. I recommend T-Outliners for liners too. You might want to invest in a Self-Cut System mirror, I hear they are pretty good when cutting your own hair.

Copped taliah waajid curly curl cream, it's pretty nice and has a good smell.
A guy I know who used to cut hair for others and himself recommended me Andis Fade clippers. I recommend T-Outliners for liners too. You might want to invest in a Self-Cut System mirror, I hear they are pretty good when cutting your own hair.
you know of any good youtube tutorials or something?

Does anyone here line up their hair with a straight razor?
Mines does all the has my **** lookin crisp

Sulfate free is the way to be :pimp:

Damn skippy!

I use shea moisture shampoo, cream of nature spray in conditioner, shea moisture curling milk or Miss Jessies Curling meringue then use a bit of Eco-Styl gel. I have REALLY thick hair but it's naturally curly and dries out fast. keeps me looking right all day long :smokin

and Dr Bronner's Black Soap body wash. But that curl soufle, how is that? I still got 1lb bottles of organic avocado oil,and a castor oil one to go through but once I use that up I might switch. I have also been taking a biotin supplement so I don't know if it's that or the avocado oil but my hair stay looking luxurious. The curls/waves are taking more in the side than on the top though

Heres what i use:

As for shampoo and conditioner:

Anything else i should be using? I dont use any leave in conditioners, should I?

Also how many times ya shampoo ya'll hair?

Last edited:
I shampoo mine Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Shampooing too much can dry out your hair really fast and especially if you're using sulfate free shampoo.

^ yeah i knew growing up having waves it wasnt smart to shampoo everyday. But im sticking with shampooing 2-3 a week

Heres another pic of my cut

I added a filter because it just shows the curls better

nice hair cut famb. Question for this cut or hairstyle, do you go to your barber already curly or do you pick it out fully and let him fade you up and THEN curl it afterwards?

I always thought it was really hard to cut hair if it wasn't picked out all the way, especially trying to fade

nice hair cut famb. Question for this cut or hairstyle, do you go to your barber already curly or do you pick it out fully and let him fade you up and THEN curl it afterwards?

Thanks man.

But i go with it already curly/nappy. My barber just cuts around it just fine.

But i do know some barbers need to pick the hair out first to make it easier for them

Thanks man.

But i do know some barbers need to pick the hair out first to make it easier for them

what product did you use?

This is my favorite trendy haircut right now

I got that thick Nigerian hair tho so I have to relax or texturize my hair for this effect.

This is my favorite trendy haircut right now

I got that thick Nigerian hair tho so I have to relax or texturize my hair for this effect.
brah im naija too.. just wash your hair with head and shoulders and put ovile oil moisturizer in at night.. and get a good barber

Thanks man.

what product did you use?

For my hair? I used shea milk and coconut oil

brah im naija too.. just wash your hair with head and shoulders and put ovile oil moisturizer in at night.. and get a good barber

My hair is ridiculous even by Nigerian standards. I use bioinfusion and pink oil. Head and shoulders was drying out my hair

bioinfusion >>>>>>>>>> H&S but I guess I can try olive oil since I never did before.

Back
Top Bottom