Black guy hair cuts

Anyone plan on copping the bevel trimmers? Joints are super clean plus they offer a wireless feature. 200 is kinda steep, and there's nothing wrong with my andis, but I'm curious to see how these will fare

I see people sharing tidbits if info and questions regarding cutting so i guess I'll chime in.

Been cutting my own hair for about 13 years. Started out with all evens, then ventured to temp fades/fading the back in 08, and tried the mohawk thing this year. I think I'm pretty good at it, I've gotten compliments on my cuts before, so that's reassuring.

First time I tried to fade, man you would've thought I was attempting surgery, hella cautious. I've never received formal training, so I still don't feel like I've mastered the skill, but I've gotten good with my style.

The mohawk look was a little easier than I thought, though I did kinda mess it up a few times, but the finished product is always clean.

I know I've saved thousands on haircuts, and those same thousands have gone into fast food ftl :smh:

Last edited:
What y'all boys using for ingrown hairs? Use my T liners to clean up my neck, go with the grain as much as possible but these ingrown hairs are killing me man. Any recs?

Those clippers look nice, but there's no replacing the Andis.

T-Outliners are GOAT.

Its been scientifically proven.

We discussed it awhile ago back but I don't think anyone is willing to drop $200 on those Bevel trimmers. I was going to try them if they went on sale but I check every few months and they still haven't been released. I have two Andis trimmers and a promate blade so I doubt the Bevel ones will be that much of an improvement (except for no wires).

Speaking of, anybody hear that new Nas song where he's name dropping Bevel?

Last edited:
If it is as advertised, then it's worth a shot. It's all the convenient things you've wanted in a trimmer all in one. Can't hate that if they come through, initial pricing will of course be high.

What y'all boys using for ingrown hairs? Use my T liners to clean up my neck, go with the grain as much as possible but these ingrown hairs are killing me man. Any recs?

A single drop of Tend Skin is all I need. I actually shave with a straight razor, tend skin + moisturizing face every time out the show got my face soft as hell after struggling with ingrown hairs for years on my neck when just shaving with my Andis trimmers.

We discussed it awhile ago back but I don't think anyone is willing to drop $200 on those Bevel trimmers. I was going to try them if they went on sale but I check every few months and they still haven't been released. I have two Andis trimmers and a promate blade so I doubt the Bevel ones will be that much of an improvement (except for no wires).
This.  They wildin.  $200 is OD. 

A single drop of Tend Skin is all I need. I actually shave with a straight razor, tend skin + moisturizing face every time out the show got my face soft as hell after struggling with ingrown hairs for years on my neck when just shaving with my Andis trimmers.

Good looking. I'll try the tend skin plus moisturizing combo. Do you exfoliate too? I went & copped one of those spa brushes to knock of the extra skin cells before I wash & idk if it's helping yet.

FWIW, Wahl cordless detailers can be adjusted from zero gap to slight gap and cost less than half those Bevels.

If it is as advertised, then it's worth a shot. It's all the convenient things you've wanted in a trimmer all in one. Can't hate that if they come through, initial pricing will of course be high.

If it works as advertised, I will definitely pick them up when they go on a deep discount. Until then the Andis are proven products

Good looking. I'll try the tend skin plus moisturizing combo. Do you exfoliate too? I went & copped one of those spa brushes to knock of the extra skin cells before I wash & idk if it's helping yet.

Nah I don't exfoliate.

Just unscented Aveeno lotion evey time out the shower after my face is dry plus I'll put on a sunscreen moisturizer everyday when I leave the house.

I only use a drop or two of tend skin on the days I shave right after I finish. Small bottle last me about 18 months.

Last edited:
i wanna try exfoliating but idk where to start or even if i should do it because I don't get acne very often.

New barber where I just moved pushed my edge up back too much, cut was fire though

Almost done with the back (paused to eat dinner :lol:). Been trying the method the homie Blake P Blake P recommended with starting the fade closer to my ear. Subtle difference but I rock with it. Also tried the curved line at my temples on back, definitely looks better with the beard. Speaking of my beard, I'm trying to grow it out until next spring. And recommendations for beard maintenance for this hair texture?

Back
Top Bottom