Black guy hair cuts

I want to buy that shaver but I hear that the quality of them is suspect. Even my barber said they don't last longer than a few months before ******* up
Been using the same one I've bought for years. Haven't even needed to replace the head of it (although I might, soon). Take care of it and you're good.

Someone answer him, I need to figure this out too, my hair has been pissing me off because I can't figure out how to get it like that.
OF COURSE. You'd definitely have to use whatever you'd usually use to try and get that Kinky Curly Look on top.

If you hair isn't already like that... the Haircut isn't going to do any Magic to help make it that way.

The Cut is Super Simple... just a Dark Fade All-Around. The Hair on top that mostly isn't touched during the Cut is the Real Focus of this Hairstyle.

[QUOTE name="rocman23" url="http://www.google.com/url?sa=iwidth:442px;">
[/URL"]
[QUOTE name="BryWorldNY" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/337672/black-guy-hair-cuts/3620_20#post_21786013[/URL]"]

[QUOTE name="Truth-Serum" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/337672/black-guy-hair-cuts/3600_50#post_21784749[/URL]"]

This **** wavy. Bout to be my next cut

Would you need that sponge and butter thing to pull that off if you're hair isn't already that way (mines grows sorta like a fro, but a bit messier now)
[/QUOTE]

Someone answer him, I need to figure this out too, my hair has been pissing me off because I can't figure out how to get it like that.[/QUOTE]

OF COURSE. You'd definitely have to use whatever you'd usually use to try and get that Kinky Curly Look on top.

If you hair isn't already like that... the Haircut isn't going to do any Magic to help make it that way.

The Cut is Super Simple... just a Dark Fade All-Around. The Hair on top that mostly isn't touched during the Cut is the Real Focus of this Hairstyle.
[/quote]

well what can be used to get that look?

How much time do y'all take between barber visits? For some reason, although I've never researched this, I feel like going too often would eventually wreak havoc on your hairline.

My last visit was like 6 weeks ago. Another reason for not going is what @zyzybalubah1 mentioned about your usual barber just giving you lazy cuts.

I was going for the Naz-esque fade with half moon, but with all this growth and winter fast approaching, thinking of the high top fade again, but with the kinky curls atop. Plus, I can never stay committed to brushing & the stocking cap long enough to get dem wavez spinnin'.

Have been getting a shapeup every Friday for about 10 years now. My hairline is right where it's always been, and that from braids to dreads to a bush to a fade now. I get an actual haircut every 3-4 weeks

How much time do y'all take between barber visits? For some reason, although I've never researched this, I feel like going too often would eventually wreak havoc on your hairline.

My last visit was like 6 weeks ago. Another reason for not going is what @zyzybalubah1 mentioned about your usual barber just giving you lazy cuts.

I was going for the Naz-esque fade with half moon, but with all this growth and winter fast approaching, thinking of the high top fade again, but with the kinky curls atop. Plus, I can never stay committed to brushing & the stocking cap long enough to get dem wavez spinnin'.
I go basically monthly. Sometimes a little less than a month, other times a bit more than a month. I'm lucky that my natural hairline isn't all ****** up so I can get away with no shape ups for the month, although I do get them from time to time, like if I'm meeting a girl but don't want to cut my hair. Only reason I don't get them often is because it cost $12 and at that point I might as well just get the cut

After I learned to line myself up, nothing was ever the same again. If only i could taper myself....

I go basically monthly. Sometimes a little less than a month, other times a bit more than a month. I'm lucky that my natural hairline isn't all ****** up so I can get away with no shape ups for the month, although I do get them from time to time, like if I'm meeting a girl but don't want to cut my hair. Only reason I don't get them often is because it cost $12 and at that point I might as well just get the cut
yea, ain't messing with any breezies at the moment worth the price of a cut nowadays. And I too have a good enough "natural" hairline to get away with the long hiatus.

Gonna try a new barber maybe next week. I'll probably just show dude a Chris Webber picture and say "gimme dat." Wish me luck, brehs.

Tryna see how I explain to the my barber between the AZ type bald fade I normally get and the Nas bald fade. The difference is so subtle, the nas one has the side blended a little higher with a lighter edge up on the side.

If you lived in New York in the early 90s, you had to have a fade. I remember being 6 years old, stepping out the Barbershop with a fresh fade with the waves at the top and a part on the left side
pimp.gif
, powder all on my neck, on my way to Chuck E Cheese for my friends 8th birthday party. Without a doubt, my hair was the illest in the laser tag room at that time.

Memorable Fades of the 90s
11l1mbs.jpg

308lkxy.jpg

1591854994_ed17e30ea8.jpg

Bad%20Boys%20Will%20Smith2.JPG
(Dont mind the asbestos in Will's hair)

Last edited:
Bouta **** with the pompadour...taking this **** to the next level :pimp:

So some good ole folks from atl decided to make their own nudred sponge

1648.JPG

This from a barbershop over in riverdale, do yall nudred sponges curl better than this or is it the exact same

Back
Top Bottom