Black Culture Discussion Thread

Man, I loved all 3 growing up. The baseball fields in my neighborhood now are barren or were topped over with asphalt.

Griffey and Deion are my all-time favorite athletes.

Ironically, baseball was the first love of black American athletes in the early 1900s - 1970s

interesting, especially the investment in latin countries…didn’t know there was a such thing as travel baseball but it makes sense that it would be a thing. i’d guess it’s sort of a chicken and egg thing, if they built such an infrastructure would it even be that attractive to a larger number american black youth athletes given the competition with other sports?

Yea just to put it simply they decided they wanted the Spanish speakers as the main others in baseball instead of us…Baseball was always meant to be a “white sport” in this country and that’s a way to make it happen

interesting, especially the investment in latin countries…didn’t know there was a such thing as travel baseball but it makes sense that it would be a thing. i’d guess it’s sort of a chicken and egg thing, if they built such an infrastructure would it even be that attractive to a larger number american black youth athletes given the competition with other sports?
Travel sports are very expensive. Travel soccer is a couple thousand per season per kid. It's why a lot of black folk never got into soccer in the US. It's prohibitevly expensive.

Crazy thing is, it's the "poor people" sport in the rest of the world but here it's the "rich people" sport

All of these sports are Suburban sports now man.
Even basketball. Especially basketball.
Travel sports are very expensive. Travel soccer is a couple thousand per season per kid. It's why a lot of black folk never got into soccer in the US. It's prohibitevly expensive.

Crazy thing is, it's the "poor people" sport in the rest of the world but here it's the "rich people" sport

Any black person making the trump is a felon so he’s like us jokes or takes got some deep self hate…They don’t like themselves, fam or folks that look like them

VA is a weird state, they can’t decide if they wanna be like Alabama or Maryland :lol: :smh:

NOVA (Northern Virginia) is Maryland……meaning liberal and all other parts of Virginia is Alabama….meaning conservative. Basically determined by if there’s a Metro station near you or not.

Back
Top Bottom