Black Culture Discussion Thread

Can’t be mad at how the movie impacted her. Maybe she got clowned growing up or, her parents never instilled confidence or taught her about self worth. It is what it is.

Some peoples family just didn’t teach them about their value. My cousins homeboy. (I’m 12 years their senior), both born in about 1999 but he was at my house once and said he “wished that he were white” I told him don’t ever say that s*** in my household and better yet, don’t ever set foot on my property.

But “mature” me was taken aback and I had to be a little more empathetic.

Then I just realized like man, his mom/family probably never empowered him or taught him that black was beautiful or that, Black’s are profound and important. So I just had to take a step back and understand that some of us just didn’t get that type of love.

My moms always told me that blacks were first class people. She always taught me that we were #1 and that was engrained in my head at a young age.

That girl who tweeted probably never was taught by her family, about black history and the importance of having self confidence. Charity starts at home.

Last edited:
Yea that's a problem with the gen Z generation I've peeped. They don't have a sense of self so are easily swayed by white media and white society.

Idk how their going to police this. I see a lot of situations of unnecessary force in the future.

It's a stupid policy.

I can just wear a hat and a covid mask together. There are many other ways to hide your face.

And again, I just find it impossible to enforce.

Just being used as a way to scare because I doubt police will go out of their way to reprimand someone they randomly see on the street with a ski mask. This will affect folks that are wearing them while committing crimes if anybody at all.

Much like a "curfew", it's just something lawmakers can use to say, "Hey I tried."

False effort.

Yea that's a problem with the gen Z generation I've peeped. They don't have a sense of self so are easily swayed by white media and white society.
There’s plenty of baby boomers and gen-x folk who still think women’s hair gotta be straight to be “professional” or “neat”. :lol:

I don’t think Gen Z is any more swayed by white society than previous generations.

While i'm in here has anybody noticed the correlation between black people obsessed with Anime & Borderline self hate, 90% of the time i see a black person saying some wild **** online an Anime avi or a septum ring is there. It's almost a science at this point :lol: ,

& like i have stated in the past i truly & genuinely believe that there are several accounts who's sole purpose is to create separation in the black community
There you have it. Theres levels to everything and the internet is where the extremes live. Everybody online, but online aint everybody.

There’s plenty of baby boomers and gen-x folk who still think women’s hair gotta be straight to be “professional” or “neat”. :lol:

I don’t think Gen Z is any more swayed by white society than previous generations.

If anything I think the older you are the more likely you are to give a damn about following The White Man's guidelines.

A lot of men aren’t hiding emotions. They just don’t CARE. Some people don’t care about peoples opinions about them or get caught up in emotions. Because they KNOW life is hard. They KNOW everyday isn’t going to be a good. That’s not hiding. That’s just being grown, being mature.

Not every human being is emotional. That’s false. Again, emotions and being emotional are two completely different things. People call me emotionless and aloof all the time, and it’s quite agitating.

I’m unemotional yet, I have a clean record across the board. Never been arrested, I don’t smoke, don’t drink. I have great social skills but, I also know when to be alone.

Overly emotional people are dangerous. Simple as that. One thing upsets them, and they want to demolish the whole world. That is not a good thing.
You sound like a loner, not that there's anything wrong with that. I know emotional people who don't smoke or drink and have a clean record.

It's a stupid policy.

I can just wear a hat and a covid mask together. There are many other ways to hide your face.

Just being used as a way to scare because I doubt police will go out of their way to reprimand someone they randomly see on the street with a ski mask. This will affect folks that are wearing them while committing crimes if anybody at all.

Much like a "curfew", it's just something lawmakers can use to say, "Hey I tried."

False effort.
It's pretty the same as when Missouri tried to ban sagging..it's impossible to police but at the same time the places where the mask are banned makes sense..it's not like their banned outright, you just can't wear them at schools, riding public transportation, at rec-centers, or city-owned buildings/gov property

That’s the point. These overly “emotional” men are the ones causing this mayhem. Why? Because they’re TOOO emotional and don’t know how to channel their emotions.

Being an emotional male is not a good thing. We can agree to disagree. The emotional women? They may not be “shooting up” the place but women get arrest for violent crimes, abusing their kids, shooting or stabbing spouses. They commit acts of violent and assault as well.

Y’all can keep raising these emotional boys all you want. That’s on you all.

Sports is not just an OUTLET. It’s an extracurricular activity just like studying an assignment, working on a car, mowing the lawn, class assignment, etc. it’s one of the best tools for teaching social skills, punctuality, commitment, dedication, and teamwork.

You guys have to stop letting modern society and the internet dictate what’s correct, and what’s incorrect.

There’s literally a teaching and staffing shortage across the nation. Why? Because these kids are terrible and a lot of educators don’t want to waste their time with these disrespectful kids.

But hey, raise boys to be emotional and unaccountable, young girls as well, and sports are negative because of “some” helicopter parents? Who want to live vicariously through their kids? Those are outliers. Or maybe they just want the best for their children and for them to learn values.

People don’t want to be teachers or educators anymore…. Which is a direct reflection on bad kids and terrible parenting

Look at the very first comment.

3D80EC68-3E97-43F4-977A-5E359D7D069F.jpeg

The pay is 100% the biggest problem.

Honestly I understand what she is saying and I see that problem arise from a lot of young and woman teachers who have the "I'm going to save the world" attitude.

Pick your your battles, throw everyone a rope. It's up to them if they grab it or not. I have never once felt any guilt for a student failing because I can look myself in the mirror each day and know I tried my best to reach them. It's a cold reality but it is what it is. Also I don't have a lot of disciplinary problems, mainly because I do a good job of forming positive relationships but also because I'm a man.

Women teachers get it way worse.

Logically it makes no sense because if I want to hide my face I will just wear a "covid mask" and a hat.

Hopefully this legislation gets brought to DC. Our kids and young black men out here need to stop being the face of criminality and criminal behavior. Dudes be looking stupid and suspect enough as is walking around in a dam ski mask.

It's a stupid policy.

False effort.
I agree its mostly intimidation

Back
Top Bottom