Black Culture Discussion Thread

I was wondering if they was going bring up that nonsense "slave breeding" argument. Black people just have different genetic make up. Melanin. It's science. Dominant genes.

well technically in terms of genetic makeup, if we’re really talking science...it’s kinda yes and no in terms of being ‘different’ ...supposedly, genetically, a black person and a white person (or any other ethnicity/‘race’) would have more genes in common than a black person with another black person (owing to the genetic diversity within africa)...melanin is just an adaption to moderate absorption of sunlight (being closer to the equator generally came with longer limbs to dissipate heat efficiently, more fast twitch muscles & sickle cells are i believe an adaptation to malaria—-specific to those populations that are affected by malaria, etc.) and the diminishing of melanin with lighter skin is just an adaptation to maximize absorption of sunlight (being further from the equator came with shorter limbs to conserve heat, etc.)

as for ‘dominant’ genes, i guess it would depend on how that is defined really, and which population(s) of peoples are involved because while all people aren’t the same, we’re aren’t all that different either...

Last edited:
well technically in terms of genetic makeup, if we’re really talking science...it’s kinda yes and no in terms of being ‘different’ ...supposedly, genetically, a black person and a white person would have more genes in common than a black person with another black person (owing to the genetic diversity within africa)...melanin is just an adaption to moderate absorption of sunlight (being closer to the equator generally came with longer limbs to dissipate heat efficiently, more fast twitch muscles & sickle cells are i believe an adaptation to malaria—-specific to those populations that are affected by malaria, etc.) and the diminishing of melanin with lighter skin is just an adaptation to maximize absorption of sunlight (being further from the equator came with shorter limbs to conserve heat, etc.)

as for ‘dominant’ genes, i guess it would depend on how that is defined really, and which population(s) of peoples are involved because while all people aren’t the same, we’re aren’t all that different either...
U black???

Reasons why this book thoroughly destroys White Supremacy: (1) it was written by a white man, (2) this white man lived in the 1800s, and (3) the book was first published in 1884.

This was before any "Afrocentrism". This was before black people had any rights or power in the Western World. This was when our people were still being oppressed. This book was written at a time when cacs didn't think we would ever read their books and thus they spilled the beans on much of our true history rather than the whitewashed propaganda we are brainwashed with right now.

The entire book is available for FREE for anyone to read right here: Ancient and Modern Britons

This book is a must read for everyone. White, black, or other. So much good information. And a good glimpse into what white people knew about the true origins of our history and theirs before the whitewashing campaign of white supremacy.

71xkhJxuPYL.jpg

When the first Africans arrived in Virginia in 1619, there were no “white” people there. Nor, according to colonial records, would there be for another sixty years. In this seminal two-volume work, The Invention of the White Race, Theodore W. Allen tells the story of how America’s ruling classes created the category of the “white race” as a means of social control. Since that early invention, white privileges have enforced the myth of racial superiority, and that fact has been central to maintaining ruling-class domination over ordinary working people of all colors throughout American history.

Volume I draws lessons from Irish history, comparing British rule in Ireland with the “white” oppression of Native Americans and African Americans. Allen details how Irish immigrants fleeing persecution learned to spread racial oppression in their adoptive country as part of white America.

Since publication in the mid-nineties, The Invention of the White Race has become indispensable in debates on the origins of racial oppression in America. In this updated edition, scholar Jeffrey B. Perry provides a new introduction, a short biography of the author and a study guide.

Writer should have said "get ME excited". Always one mammy that likes to speak for everyone.

On a side-note, if you find someone attractive of another race that's fine. Why you need to write an article about it to validate it? I think Scar-Jo is fine as hellz, I'm not going to write an article about "10 white women that black men would #NotPullOut"

(if I did write such an article, the comments would be about how much i hate black women)

Last edited:
well technically in terms of genetic makeup, if we’re really talking science...it’s kinda yes and no in terms of being ‘different’ ...supposedly, genetically, a black person and a white person (or any other ethnicity/‘race’) would have more genes in common than a black person with another black person (owing to the genetic diversity within africa)...melanin is just an adaption to moderate absorption of sunlight (being closer to the equator generally came with longer limbs to dissipate heat efficiently, more fast twitch muscles & sickle cells are i believe an adaptation to malaria—-specific to those populations that are affected by malaria, etc.) and the diminishing of melanin with lighter skin is just an adaptation to maximize absorption of sunlight (being further from the equator came with shorter limbs to conserve heat, etc.)

So basically black people have dominant genes and different genetics :lol:

1st African American brewer hits Georgia craft beer scene

gtau2okux3n3bb4ckez6.jpg

http://www.downhomebrewingcompany.com/

Out of the 66 breweries in Georgia, only one is owned by black people: Down Home Brewing Company. Chris Reeves and William Allen Moore, the two men behind the brewery, started canning beer in March 2018 at BlueTarp, Georgia’s smallest production brewery, east of downtown Decatur.

The two spoke with WXIA-TV and expressed that starting this business was a challenge and that they haven’t quit their day jobs quite yet.

“It was fun seeing people’s reactions to it, saying, ‘Oh OK, this is cool.’ Then you see the backstory behind it and we tell our story with our families and how this comes from a place of family,” Moore, a Morehouse College of Medicine alum, said.

So basically black people have dominant genes and different genetics :lol:

not sure if serious...it’s all just traits for adaptation, dominant & recessive as it relates to genes comes down to which traits are advantageous, saying black people have ‘dominant genes’ is just an incomplete statement, every ethnicity has “dominant genes’ just like they all have ‘recessive genes’...like african pygmies short stature is/was suited to their ancestral environment, maybe not so much to swiss alps...as a noted sickle cells were supposedly a response to malaria, but the disease sickle cell anemia is a recessive trait that only affects black folk who ancestors had to deal with malaria...a certain subset of eastern european jews a specifically vulnerable to a certain disease that the name escapes me now...

i guess it comes down to what you mean by dominant genes & different genetics???

this is timely given the book i recently read, gonna keep plugging Homegoing, it chronicles the lineages of two half sisters, both originally from Ghana, one sold into slavery the other married off to a british slaver for 6-7 generations.

Great read, pick it up if you can

First Black Woman to Graduate From MIT With a Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering

https://theblackdetour.com/first-bl...-from-mit-with-a-ph-d-in-nuclear-engineering/

Mareena Robinson Snowden, is the first Black woman to graduate from MIT with a Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering

Black girl magic was in full effect earlier this month when Mareena Robinson Snowden, became the first black woman to earn a Ph.D. from MIT in Nuclear Engineering. Snowden’s dissertation focused on the development of radiation detectors for future nuclear arms control treaties. According to her personal website, she is a native of Miami and earned a B.S. in Physics from the illustrious Florida A&M University. Snowden took to her Instagram to share some of her thoughts on her achievement:

“No one can tell me God isn’t. Grateful is the best word I have to describe how I feel. Grateful for every part of this experience – highs and lows. Every person who supported me and those who didn’t. Grateful for a praying family, a husband who took on this challenge as his own, sisters who reminded me at every stage how powerful I am, friends who inspired me to fight harder. Grateful for the professors who fought for and against me. Every experience on this journey was necessary, and I’m better for it.”

She went on to shout-out a few Black women who’re also displaying Black girl magic.

“When they ask where the skilled black female technical minds are, know there are many – @joymariejohnson, @_sai_89,@rhondalenai, @being_niaja, @jtiaphd, @siangoan, April Gillens, @beyoncizzle, Tiera Fletcher, Ciara Sivels, Grey Batie,@tashaleeb, @special_kay868, Staci Brown, Njema Fraizer, @jedidahislerphd, Delonia Wiggins, Jami Valentine Miller and many more – who show up proudly in the fullness of their black womanhood and fight each day for our place in these fields.”

Thank you Mareena Robinson Snowden, Ph.D. for all your hard work and dedication we look forward to seeing all the amazing things you will accomplish next!

Back
Top Bottom