Bimmers without warranties

Are they bad as people make em out to be? I see good prices on used E46's but all the issues with maintenance scare me off especially since the used whipsdont have warranties.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

It's like raw sex with kellz
laugh.gif

Used cars do have warranties. The 2nd owner warranties aren't as long as the orginal warranties, but their are warranties though.

German cars are known for electrical problems. Ask cashmere thoughts

It's a hit or miss. Just make sure you do your research about the car before buying it. Currently, the 3 bimmbers we have (01 540, 02 M5, 04 X5) neverrealy needed anything expensive after the warranty was over. Just make sure you can afford the maintenance.

Yuup, my BMW's transmission was ****ed because of electrical problems.

But it's all fixed now
pimp.gif

Look into CPO vehicles. Maintaining a vehicle without a warranty can be costly in the long-run.

you got options like a 3rd party warranty or you could find a local, reliable private german mechanic/body shop. think $150 synthetic oil changes at thestealership, but only $60 w/ filter at the private mechanic shop. since you're looking into e46 bmws, visit e46fanatics.com. brake kits for $200 includingall 4 rotors, pads, and sensors. you could probably get it installed for $100...

i remember my transmission going out at like 110k miles. i found a used one on craigslist/eBay for $150 from an 04' with only 40k. i got it shipped bycrate for $300 total, installed for another $100, so $400 total. this is a whole lot cheaper then the rebuild, quoted by the stealership at nearly$2500-$3000...

im just saying, just be savvy about it. they're nice cars, my daily driver is still running strong at 180k miles...just keep up to date with preventativemaintenance.

haha, yeah I think your right Ill off that thought. But I guess thats why there priced a bit lower then TLs or G35's I guess. Saabs are the same?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

haha, yeah I think your right Ill off that thought. But I guess thats why there priced a bit lower then TLs or G35's I guess. Saabs are the same?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

you got options like a 3rd party warranty or you could find a local, reliable private german mechanic/body shop. think $150 synthetic oil changes at the stealership, but only $60 w/ filter at the private mechanic shop. since you're looking into e46 bmws, visit e46fanatics.com. brake kits for $200 including all 4 rotors, pads, and sensors. you could probably get it installed for $100...

i remember my transmission going out at like 110k miles. i found a used one on craigslist/eBay for $150 from an 04' with only 40k. i got it shipped by crate for $300 total, installed for another $100, so $400 total. this is a whole lot cheaper then the rebuild, quoted by the stealership at nearly $2500-$3000...

im just saying, just be savvy about it. they're nice cars, my daily driver is still running strong at 180k miles...just keep up to date with preventative maintenance.
Word. Cats think that once the 4 year/50k mile is up, the car just evaporates into thin air. I'm keeping mine until I can get my hand on anM3 or C63.

Originally Posted by wj4

you got options like a 3rd party warranty or you could find a local, reliable private german mechanic/body shop. think $150 synthetic oil changes at the stealership, but only $60 w/ filter at the private mechanic shop. since you're looking into e46 bmws, visit e46fanatics.com. brake kits for $200 including all 4 rotors, pads, and sensors. you could probably get it installed for $100...

i remember my transmission going out at like 110k miles. i found a used one on craigslist/eBay for $150 from an 04' with only 40k. i got it shipped by crate for $300 total, installed for another $100, so $400 total. this is a whole lot cheaper then the rebuild, quoted by the stealership at nearly $2500-$3000...

im just saying, just be savvy about it. they're nice cars, my daily driver is still running strong at 180k miles...just keep up to date with preventative maintenance.
Word. Cats think that once the 4 year/50k mile is up, the car just evaporates into thin air. I'm keeping mine until I can get my hand on an M3 or C63.

man i seen a white c63 amg today at my local outlets

really between that car an e92 i could flip a coin.............

I'm a e46 owner and I promise u u will need ur warranty for something in the first year.. It doesn't have to be CPO but get some type of extendedwarranty .. I passed on a $1600 warranty that my dealer offered me worst mistake I made 9 months later I needed a 1800+ fix

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by wj4

Word. Cats think that once the 4 year/50k mile is up, the car just evaporates into thin air. I'm keeping mine until I can get my hand on an M3 or C63.

man i seen a white c63 amg today at my local outlets

really between that car an e92 i could flip a coin.............
Deals can be had right now on leftover C63s. 55-60k OTD will get you one easily. While the best I got on an M3 is a couple hundreds overinvoice. I don't plan on getting either until I'm done with grad school though, at least.

I'm hoping to be in something german by spring...
word?

i thought you was set on TL type S

what you lookin at?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I'm hoping to be in something german by spring...
word?

i thought you was set on TL type S

what you lookin at?
I'm tired of acura
grin.gif

I'm lookin' into the 07-08 rs4, e46 m3, and e55 amg(if i can find a good deal)

Back
Top Bottom