BIG CITY NTers what's your monthly rent?

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

I got a huge studio apt in downtown brooklyn (NYC) for $500
happy.gif

500 in downtown brooklyn? ha, If this is true, you must live in a rat-infested roach motel. That I can guarantee. Show some pics and prove me wrong

Originally Posted by ninjahood

300 a month in da heightz NYC, stablized rent FTW
laugh.gif
Keep thinking that it'll be like that forever. Within the decade, there'll be no stabilized rent.

What some of you fail to understand is that people are paying for convenience in addition for a place to live. Who in their right mind would want to live in Long Island and commute at least one hour (good day) to work and home? It might be a lot for you but to many it is worth the price. I'd rather live in Jersey and get on the water taxi than live in LI.

Brooklyn, 4 br, Dining room, living room = ~$1100

Originally Posted by icykicks79

Originally Posted by crod6926

whats the rent like in DC..I love it down there

the prices down here are 
eek.gif
 crazy.. 
Yeah no joke. I used to rent right outisde DC, in Falls Church, VA. It was like $1200 for a 1 bedroom, and I mean EXTRA small. That was like 5 years ago too, I know for a FACT it's gone up at least a couple hundred at that place by now.

$950 one bedroom spot in the North BX

Found a 3BR house Rental for $1800 tho in the same area....I think the owners aren't gonna give it to me tho

(cuz im black and its white neighborhood)

pimp.gif

I sleep most of the time at the girls house, but when she starts bothering me about I have to start paying rent if I want to live with her,
I go back to my moms house where I have a room.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Originally Posted by ninjahood

300 a month in da heightz NYC, stablized rent FTW
laugh.gif
Keep thinking that it'll be like that forever. Within the decade, there'll be no stabilized rent.

What some of you fail to understand is that people are paying for convenience in addition for a place to live. Who in their right mind would want to live in Long Island and commute at least one hour (good day) to work and home? It might be a lot for you but to many it is worth the price. I'd rather live in Jersey and get on the water taxi than live in LI.

Brooklyn, 4 br, Dining room, living room = ~$1100
you seem to not understand that its doesn't go ANYWHERE until i move.....a geezer upstairs been in this apt for nearly 45 years, 3 bedroom for 100 dollars
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yea post pics, like google maps streetviews or something, especially in NYC and California.

Here's my parents house though, Lawton Oklahoma. He built in before this neighborhood was fully established so he got it for around 250,000$ Prices in the neighborhood have nearly quadroupled since then now, and the dormer/manhouse wasn't part of it. He built that later. !%@% is
pimp.gif
too. I want to say my parents mortgage payment is about 1300$ and putting it into that calculator, seems pretty consistent with what I think they paid and their rate. That's a LifeTime Strongman rim, they don't make those anymore, it's like 3 inches thick.
33olcw8.jpg

2q8oz1d.jpg

j79f88.jpg

Down south FTW.

Mortage on a 4br House is only 1800 something.

2br apt, spacious , is only 8 flat.

But me and my partner got a 1 br, apt in NYC we keep for business is like 2500, and it's smaller than the 2br in Texas.

(Also got them rental properties in D-town, brehnam, and houston holler @ me)

Me and ninjahood have had this talk a couple of times over the years.

At the end of the day when you Live in NYC your paying for alot of the awesome stuff the city has to offer , culture ,diversity ,and easy
access to many things via public transportation . i cant really speak for LA because i have never stayed there for long periods of time . Im from
dallas texas but what many outsiders fail to relise is that Rent is getting more expensive in the non hood areas outside of dallas , and you still got to
pay for your car , gas , insurance and all that . Im just starting out in my life and have been offered help by my dad in texas , and fam in NYC to get my
room set up if i want to go . so i figure 500 a month is pretty doable and i will be able to be young and in a big city , And that whole uptown NY from
harlem all the way up to dyckman is one of the coolest most diverse/culture influenced places i have ever been . So why not just rent a room ? im trying
to find my self , and find a carrier while im at it
laugh.gif
so why not just pay 500 bucks to have a place to sleep .

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Me and ninjahood have had this talk a couple of times over the years.

At the end of the day when you Live in NYC your paying for alot of the awesome stuff the city has to offer , culture ,diversity ,and easy
access to many things via public transportation . i cant really speak for LA because i have never stayed there for long periods of time . Im from
dallas texas but what many outsiders fail to relise is that Rent is getting more expensive in the non hood areas outside of dallas , and you still got to
pay for your car , gas , insurance and all that . Im just starting out in my life and have been offered help by my dad in texas , and fam in NYC to get my
room set up if i want to go . so i figure 500 a month is pretty doable and i will be able to be young and in a big city , And that whole uptown NY from
harlem all the way up to dyckman is one of the coolest most diverse/culture influenced places i have ever been . So why not just rent a room ? im trying
to find my self , and find a carrier while im at it
laugh.gif
so why not just pay 500 bucks to have a place to sleep .
I know a nice African lady in Harlem who will rent out a bunkbed in her living room to you for 20$ a night which I guess comes to 600$ but would probably work with you on the price since it's long term. Real talk, she was extremely nice too, bought me some food and toiletries from the store as well as giving access to what was already there. She lives off Lennox and 118th

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ were am i gonna put my flat screen , and my 50 plus pairs of kicks and clothes.

Where are you going to put it anyways? No chance your roomshare is going to be humongous not to mention having all those valuables in an apartment with people you don't know, who aren't even there permanently as your roommates.

Back
Top Bottom