Beware of KD3's quality(mini review)

I just got these online and there are glue marks all over where the outsole and upper meets.  I played them for 1 day and saw some seperation on the outside of where my arch is, debating about sending them back to nike and get something else if possible.  Also the flywire part is rubbing the hell out of my pinkies on both feet, and i was wearing thick socks too.  Performance wise it was ok, there are more cushioning in the heel than i expected.  Fit wise, there are a lot of room in the toe box for me.  My true size is 9.5-10, I got these in 10s but I can't imagine how my toes will be hurting if I have gotten the 9.5s.  Overall, you get what you pay for.  

I just got these online and there are glue marks all over where the outsole and upper meets.  I played them for 1 day and saw some seperation on the outside of where my arch is, debating about sending them back to nike and get something else if possible.  Also the flywire part is rubbing the hell out of my pinkies on both feet, and i was wearing thick socks too.  Performance wise it was ok, there are more cushioning in the heel than i expected.  Fit wise, there are a lot of room in the toe box for me.  My true size is 9.5-10, I got these in 10s but I can't imagine how my toes will be hurting if I have gotten the 9.5s.  Overall, you get what you pay for.  

Maybe it's just your pair. My pair was fine. My true size is 9.5-10 too. I didn't experience any pain at all. Got them for $48 too.

Maybe it's just your pair. My pair was fine. My true size is 9.5-10 too. I didn't experience any pain at all. Got them for $48 too.

Actually I saw the same thing at the Nike Outlet, Block of Orange California....a pair of size 9 Black/White/Blue/Orange ones in the clearance isle. It was 49.99 plus an additional 20% off for the Fourth of July sale. I was like sweet. Then I notice the glue marks on the soles and bad stitching. I was thinking..."no wonder"....the other KD 3s in non-clearance didn't have these issues but no additional % off.

So you might have gotten factory reject etc.

Actually I saw the same thing at the Nike Outlet, Block of Orange California....a pair of size 9 Black/White/Blue/Orange ones in the clearance isle. It was 49.99 plus an additional 20% off for the Fourth of July sale. I was like sweet. Then I notice the glue marks on the soles and bad stitching. I was thinking..."no wonder"....the other KD 3s in non-clearance didn't have these issues but no additional % off.

So you might have gotten factory reject etc.

Material quality is garbage overall. Especially the inner.

But it's a $90 shoe. So it's going to present like a $90 shoe.

The pair in question seems like a particularly crappy pair but even the best of them aren't phenomenal. 

Damned if there aren't some nice colourways though.

The pair in question seems like a particularly crappy pair but even the best of them aren't phenomenal. 

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Completely disagree.  The material in both shoes I have is excellent.  What colorway did you get?  Maybe an issue with just that colorway?  I have the red all-star game shoe and the yellow Christmas shoe, both have held up great on the court.  I have alot of different shoes I primarily hoop in and I have thought the KD3's quality was better than most of the Jordan line stuff, even the retro's.  You can pick up any of them at finishline for like $59, so why would you buy a second for $49?

Completely disagree.  The material in both shoes I have is excellent.  What colorway did you get?  Maybe an issue with just that colorway?  I have the red all-star game shoe and the yellow Christmas shoe, both have held up great on the court.  I have alot of different shoes I primarily hoop in and I have thought the KD3's quality was better than most of the Jordan line stuff, even the retro's.  You can pick up any of them at finishline for like $59, so why would you buy a second for $49?

Originally Posted by kerberbb

The materials used in certain versions such as the All Stars is of a higher quality. It's the reason they retail for more than the regular versions. But even these versions aren't outstanding.

The leather really doesn't compare to some of the great leather uppers like the VC 2, the Pippen 2 or even something more recent like the Air Force 25.

The liner compared to this years other signature offerings might as well be sandpaper.

As stated, the materials used are garbage, but it's mainly due to the price point so there's not a lot to be done about it. 

Originally Posted by kerberbb

The materials used in certain versions such as the All Stars is of a higher quality. It's the reason they retail for more than the regular versions. But even these versions aren't outstanding.

The leather really doesn't compare to some of the great leather uppers like the VC 2, the Pippen 2 or even something more recent like the Air Force 25.

The liner compared to this years other signature offerings might as well be sandpaper.

As stated, the materials used are garbage, but it's mainly due to the price point so there's not a lot to be done about it. 

Yea, was about to say , All Stars we're same price.

Just like my x-mas and ********. All pretty good quality, no complaints.

Yea, was about to say , All Stars we're same price.

Just like my x-mas and ********. All pretty good quality, no complaints.

Place around my way had them selling for more than $90. (or the Candian coversion of a $90 msrp anyway) Wasn't really planning on buying at the time and I never really scoped them online so I guess I just took the price at face value and figured it was because they were AS. Early april I think it was.

It's not as if I'm saying the shoe is just going to fall apart around your foot while you're wearing them.

But anyone who is going to say that the materials are as good or better quality than the other signature offerings from this season is crazy or a liar.

Tend to wear no shows myself and the difference in material quality lining the collar is night and day between something like the bron 8 and the kd 3.

And everyone out there has at least one or two pairs of shoes with a really great leather upper. You can't honestly say that this shoe are up to par.

It's not the worst shoe I've ever worn but frankly it feels cheap. Again in comparison to the other marquee shoes it's no contest.

But as I've said from the start it's a price point thing.

Back
Top Bottom