Best Song Writer R&B

I can't even be bias and say Tank, because as much as I love his pen, Ne-Yo's on another level when it comes to this songwriting thing.

I also don't understand how you guys are saying Static Major when he doesn't have that many hits outside of Aaliyah and Ginuwine.

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

I also don't understand how you guys are saying Static Major when he doesn't have that many hits outside of Aaliyah and Ginuwine.

I was with you until you wrote this. In my opinion, the best writer shouldn't be the one who has the most hits. That's probably a controversialstatement, but I prefer substance over a writer who pens a catchy chorus.

By the way, I don't think Tank has had that many hits either if we are going by that.

Its so funny ironic the opinions and responses in this thread and actually its pretty hypocritical. Just about everyone on here response especially with rapsays oh ppl always wanna say the most recent artist. You are a newbie and young buck, and always want to list some unimportant irrelevant east coast rapper.Yet in rnb everyone wants to list/name the latest fad. No one said missy elliot who has wrote hits for country rnb(mariah,whitney houston etc...) Or R.Kelly imean he had hits with celine dion leann rhymes. Hell brian mcknight or babyface.

Im not saying dream/ne-yo arent great song writers etc, i just find it funny that if this was a rap thread and we said best rapper etc the thread would befilled with wack a$% dudes from the so called glory days of hip-hop and talk about what they done recently with there tens of thousands of sales, and back itup with lyrics of there latest single. And hating on newer artist and saying they wack/garbage,with a barrage of you are young, you are stupid cause yournaming recent artist, and you dont know about real hip hop. Then ending the argument with the ever so popular, This is whats wrong with todays youth so on andso forth.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Its so funny ironic the opinions and responses in this thread and actually its pretty hypocritical. Just about everyone on here response especially with rap says oh ppl always wanna say the most recent artist. You are a newbie and young buck, and always want to list some unimportant irrelevant east coast rapper. Yet in rnb everyone wants to list/name the latest fad. No one said missy elliot who has wrote hits for country rnb(mariah,whitney houston etc...) Or R.Kelly i mean he had hits with celine dion leann rhymes. Hell brian mcknight or babyface.

Im not saying dream/ne-yo arent great song writers etc, i just find it funny that if this was a rap thread and we said best rapper etc the thread would be filled with wack a$% dudes from the so called glory days of hip-hop and talk about what they done recently with there tens of thousands of sales, and back it up with lyrics of there latest single. And hating on newer artist and saying they wack/garbage,with a barrage of you are young, you are stupid cause your naming recent artist, and you dont know about real hip hop. Then ending the argument with the ever so popular, This is whats wrong with todays youth so on and so forth.
You wasting your hour of computer time at the retirement home to post on NikeTalk... ISS is that way leave NT for the whippersnappers then
EDIT:
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Are all of your 72 posts essays damn

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

The-Dream

/thread
irreplaceable
spotlight
unfaithful
take a bow
hate that i love you

not to mention his own songs

ne-yo >>>>> dream

let me love you >>>>

Fancy>Ne-Yo's Career
It's a good song but holy @!%+ you guys ride the hell of that song...

Ne-Yo blows The Dream out of the water when it comes to writing and singing.

Seriously though, people here overrate Fancy too much.

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

I can't even be bias and say Tank, because as much as I love his pen, Ne-Yo's on another level when it comes to this songwriting thing.

This:smh:

Most of these cats have help from various sources, i.e Ne-Yo (Stargate), Dream (Tricky Stewart)..if anything I'd give it to Kellz in his prime. As for now?Sean Garrett. Ryan Leslie is really underrated as well.

If it's of all time then it's probably R. Kelly but I thought the thread was current. R. Kelly doesn't write for others.

John Legend only has like 6 hits?

Lauryn Hill....let's be serious

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

If it's of all time then it's probably R. Kelly but I thought the thread was current. R. Kelly doesn't write for others.

John Legend only has like 6 hits?

Lauryn Hill....let's be serious
You can't be serious.

My dude has three albums full of crack.

And Lauryn released an unplugged album that literally #%$*@ on every song writer in this post.

Back
Top Bottom