Best Retros for Wide Feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just majorly curious:

I have really wide feet (width 10.5) which would be regularly about a size 9.5 in j's width wise, but my length is only size 9 tops. 

Does anyone know of any retros that are good for people like me with wide feet and can stretch well to help out?

I've read about the 11s being decent for wide feet but i was curious why because patent leather doesn't stretch

dont mess with 3s, very thin, id go with 13s. have my 2013 pair of breds and they are very wide. 

Thanks for the input man. I'm not a really big fan of the 13s though, was looking for something more from 1-12, do you have any idea what would be good for me? 

I got a size 9.5 pair of bred 4s, and even tho im a size 9 my pinky toe was a little cramped. 

what's your stance on the 1s?

Last edited:
Do you think if I wear sneakershields, going up a full size (i wear a size 9 but i have 4.1 inch wide feet) would be a good idea if i was really bent on wearing 1s?

Eh, I have wide feet as well, and the IIIs never bothered me in that regard. In all actuality, most Jordans fit well for wide feet except 2: AJXVII (17) and AJXX3 (23). Those two shoes killed my feet!

Now, heel comfort on the AJ IIIs is a different story. If you really think about it, you're getting outdated tech with cheaper materials and less comfort when you buy retros--all at a higher cost. Sorry to rant, but when I saw the IIIs mentioned, I am always reminded of this.

I have Wide feet....I would go with the following. ...

best: 2, 7, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16
worst: 1, 4, 10

Exactly what works/doesn't work for (and I'm flat footed). I would add 3 as the most comfortable/roomy for toes and 5s do the trick as well. 8s can be tight also.

I'd say 1's and 4's are the worst as far as tightness for AJ 1-13. OP, just size up 0.5 and you should be good. I have wide feet too, 1's and 4's I need to wear a size 11, most other shoes a 10.5 will fit for me.

Exactly what works/doesn't work for (and I'm flat footed). I would add 3 as the most comfortable/roomy for toes and 5s do the trick as well. 8s can be tight also.

agreed...should have said 3 and 5 for good.....8s havent been bad for me either.

Does anyone think sizing up to a size 10 might work? I find the 4's a little tight but wanna buy a pair of fears. I'm thinking about buying size 10, and then using sneakershields to fill up the extra room (im size 9)

4s were a tough squeeze, especially in that pinky toe region. I had to have mine professionally stretched just to tolerate. I think you should be fine, if you're a true 9 doing a 9.5/10. Or if you have the time/money go to eBay and buy a 10 and a 9.5 from sellers that accept returns and keep whatever fits best and return whatever doesn't feel right. On that measuring device at any shoe store, I'm a13 but bought 4s in a 14. Felt right.

4s were a tough squeeze, especially in that pinky toe region. I had to have mine professionally stretched just to tolerate. I think you should be fine, if you're a true 9 doing a 9.5/10. Or if you have the time/money go to eBay and buy a 10 and a 9.5 from sellers that accept returns and keep whatever fits best and return whatever doesn't feel right. On that measuring device at any shoe store, I'm a13 but bought 4s in a 14. Felt right.
Yeah, the width really helps for 9.5/10. I actually think 9 and 9.5 have the same width though but different length. 

My issue though is the length. My left foot is actually in between 8.5 and 9, so i need to find a way to fill in the length because even with size 9.5, the heel comes up like crazy. Will sneakershields fill up a whole size of room lengthwise? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom