Best Non-National Chain Pizza In The Area?

I def co-sign on pizza paradiso in Gtown,

Matchbox (2 locations, Chinatown and 8th St SE at the Marine Barracks)...

Manny and Olga's on some around the way MoCo goodness...

Jumbo Slice in Adams Mo on the drunkenness tip (beats pizza bolis by a mile)

Ledo's on the Heart-attack good-ole-ITIS steez....

And can't think of the name, but when I'm in bmore, A joint in Mandawmin Mall right across from the Footlocker (top floor)....

BUt that's just me....

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

anyone remember when there used to be an armands in Loehmans plaza on randolph rd ? when they used to have like a playground/sculptures etc ?

I used to get pizza from there and fries at the delicatessen across from it (Hoffbergs?)

Originally Posted by Silsprr

Originally Posted by TIMBO13

stained glass pub in glenmont/wheaton off layhill road at georgia avenue... best pizza besides ambrosias gyro pizza off randolph and 355
Yes...Stained Glass Pub all the way not to mention half price pizza Mon and Tues. I'd also have to say Sole D' Italia on Layhill Rd half price pizza on Tues!

I'ma a BK boy and this is the best I've had since I moved out here.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

^ realest thing said in this thread. get so drunk then the jumbo slice saves the day. delicious.

there's nothin better than jumbo slice after a night out in adams morgan

pizza-jumbo-slice.JPG

3810494902_1f33eccb66.jpg

I've been all over Europe and Italy, and I still prefer Ledo's over any other pizza I've ever had.

Italian Inn is good But Ledo's > Italian Inn

I had some Armand's last week and it was pretty good but $14 for a medium
smh.gif

Armand's is funny. The FIRST time I had it was in 1999 at the Union Station Location. It was very good.

Then I had it once more that year. Very good again.

Then in 2007, I went to the same location and I was like, "What did I like about this." Maybe since it was the buffet, they served a lower grade of pizza? Not sure.

There is a place named Bugsy's in Old Town, that is a converted Armands. Same issue. First time I ate in there, it was great. I went back and ate during buffet hours, not so great.

Back
Top Bottom